OVA 5 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, August 30, 2017, 12:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Another great episode. The Paradise War cast was fun, and Tennyo showing up at the end made me chuckle.  It's nice that Tenchi's relationships are finally making progress, but it sucks that it is happening in the background. I'm hoping we get to his wedding the season, but I'm not holding my breath.

Can anyone explain why Fuku is white now?

I hadn't really been paying much attention to the blu ray sales, but I got interested and looked them up. I'm not sure if others have posted them in this thread, if someone has then just ignore this post. These are the first week sales of the first 3 episodes of OVA 5.
Episode 1 - 3,341 copies
Episode 2 - 3,887 copies
Episode 3 - 4,066 copies

And here are OVA 4's blu ray sales for comparison. Again these are only the first week sales.
Episode 1 - 5,113 copies
Episode 2 - 5,866 copies
Episode 3 - 6,288 copies
Episode 4 - 6,409 copies

Welp, I meant to add this to my previous post, but oh well.

November 30, 2020, 09:32:54 AM #572 Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 09:40:46 AM by Nonsuch Ned
Quote from: Ryo-Okay on November 29, 2020, 11:04:32 PM
Can anyone explain why Fuku is white now?
All four were, I guess the rationale was they wanted to make a distinction between these four cabbits and the known ones... ("no,no, I'm not Seina Yamada, he has a brown cabbit, I have 4 white ones!... and I'm wearing a cap and sunglasses!")
Turns out the four main girls figured out he was Seina pretty quickly but just let him be.

...I was going through another watch with a funny idea... I was watching the backgrounds to see if maybe Karutia (formally introduced in the 3rd volume) was hiding in the bushes.
I really need to read the "2nd Episode" of the 3rd volume though. It could answer some questions. Like..."who are these kids?...where's Karutia, Tomi (yet to be confirmed as Mikami), Mike or Ichiro?
...in my pants

The story of what Widow did to Airai was pretty dark as well, no?
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Quote from: Eff Efferson on September 30, 2020, 04:20:37 PM
ugh my tenchi knowlege is slipping damn covid

Haha! Happens to the best of us.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on November 15, 2020, 01:17:32 AM
I still don't like Seina's new voice. I wonder why they changed it.

I don't know the official reason. However, it aides the visual changes of Seina being a naive kid to being a mature adult.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on November 29, 2020, 11:52:38 PM
I hadn't really been paying much attention to the blu ray sales, but I got interested and looked them up. I'm not sure if others have posted them in this thread, if someone has then just ignore this post. These are the first week sales of the first 3 episodes of OVA 5.
Episode 1 - 3,341 copies
Episode 2 - 3,887 copies
Episode 3 - 4,066 copies

And here are OVA 4's blu ray sales for comparison. Again these are only the first week sales.
Episode 1 - 5,113 copies
Episode 2 - 5,866 copies
Episode 3 - 6,288 copies
Episode 4 - 6,409 copies

Welp, I meant to add this to my previous post, but oh well.

Interesting. I wonder why interest in Japan for OVA 5 is less than OVA 4. But, first week sales improve with each episode, so that's a positive trend.

those summarys of paradise war are *chefs kiss* :discoursechef: everything anyone could ever need and then some thank you
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

December 01, 2020, 07:59:30 PM #576 Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 08:03:00 PM by Nonsuch Ned
Thanks, definitely more than "needs" to be said, but some things... I just had to keep ragging on the two non-friends in that third chapter in v.2. Even in broken gibberish they were such exquisite jack-asses. Traveled all the way to a nigh-impenetrable island just to be jerks to the "friend" they like to treat like crap. they had no other purpose than to be beat on.

I guess I could have summed it up by saying something like...

Third chapter of v. 2:.
Shou gets a visit from his childhood waifu, who grew up to be a spoiled brat, his other friend who got cucked by her [I hate that term-but it fits], and these two assholes who spend their time being shot, scared, dunked, and gassed, because they deserve it. They and a CIA operative try to spy on them and they all get pwned by Seinaminamida and Miki the ruthless cabbit.
Meanwhile, Shou figures out he can win a war if it's based on rock-paper-scissors.

but I read it... I guess I want to actually describe the actions that happened . :)
...so no one else has to.
...in my pants

I'm not finished with it, but as expected, a lot of people trying to figure out what's up with PW, so getting what I have out there.

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Paradise_War_Volume_3
...in my pants

Quote from: Nonsuch Ned on December 03, 2020, 01:17:17 PM
I'm not finished with it, but as expected, a lot of people trying to figure out what's up with PW, so getting what I have out there.

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Paradise_War_Volume_3

You know know my struggles so well lol.
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

December 07, 2020, 12:23:09 AM #579 Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 11:02:56 AM by Nonsuch Ned
So, you want to know... how did Shou integrate Janken into the proxy war and win.

He didn't just straight up ask to play Janken instead of fighting? did he?
NO,that's exactly what he did.

But, this being what it is... and as the first chapter was spent depressing all the readers... it was not so simple. Miron changed it slightly... which probably convinced some male factions to accept it.

It wasn't Janken... it was Yakyūken... "Baseball Fist"... strip Janken... with dancing and chants.
  :whak:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaky%C5%ABken
That's what the picture was about.

For modesty's sake, the final reveal was covered by black bars by a special force field.
... I mean, they also got naked together the night before in the hot springs, but they were kinda drunk at the time on some imported fruit from Imuim.
...in my pants

All done with the PW summaries. Except for touch-ups.

A little surprised to see that the OVA retcons some stuff- it seems to clearly name Shou as representative, but the OVA wisely switches that to Miron.
I'm a little confused now about the final battle too. I thought the one shown in episode 3 was the end of that- but it's nothing like it. I guess it could be another group they're defeating.
...in my pants

I have just watch OVA 5 episode 4 on Crunchyroll. Most of the episode is focus on Kenshi's training.  I am a little puzzle about the events which involve Earth Forces. Some governments will continue to refuse to allow a specific group of people to represent the Earth,  Katsuhito has mention that it will still take time for Earth and its people to evolved. Also, Katsuhito had pointed out that the current status of Earth's government is meant to prevent more meddling in Earth's affairs from outsiders whose interests are not in the best of Earth's.

I do believe that Earth should have an associate membership in the General Assembly.   Earth does have a permanent seat in the Assembly.  Given what is happening, Earth needs some sort of representaion in the Assembly/  Katsuhito had pointed out to the person of the video screen that two people from Earth have been selected as Earth Representatives.

As I expected, episode 4 is more like what I do expect for a Tenchi Muyo episode. There are indeed some antagonists in the series. Not all of the antagonists are fodder for humor. I am still a little confused about how Earth is representive in the Assembly. At least, the Galactic Federation is allowing some people from Earth to represent it in the Assembly.

For the next two epiosde, Tenchi's wedding will dominated one of the epoisodes. I am expecting that some wedding crushers are going to try to interfered with the Wedding. I do want to see the events around  the birth of Tecnhi's first daughter Kiyone.

:Hap: :payup: :huhm: :really: :carol:

December 09, 2020, 10:41:13 AM #582 Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 03:21:03 PM by Nonsuch Ned
Miron is Earth's representative in the Federation's assembly, but as the planet cannot fully participate, HER main duty (Not the duty of Earth itself)  is to prevent meddling from the rest of the galaxy and the rest of their new pirate nation.

As I said above, it was Shou who was named to this position in the Paradise War novel and it was changed to Miron in the OVA. As far as I can tell, SHou's main duty (with the help of his harem and unmentioned other guild reps, 20 of them, and islanders) is to command Tabletop/Banjo, whose ship form will largely be in charge of defending Earth.

...or maybe I have it slightly off. Maybe Shou is the representative of the new pirate nation and Miron represents only Earth. I guess there have been mentions that Earth has "two representatives." Now that I've gone through PW, I'm doing summaries for OVA 5 on the wiki. I'll think about that more when I get to doing ep.4
...in my pants

December 09, 2020, 07:37:18 PM #583 Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 11:28:44 PM by Nonsuch Ned
double-posting, different topic.

I've watched the new episodes a couple times each... how do I miss so much?

I kinda know why. what I'm talking about is the "Manzai" routine Jovia does with Miron. I don't quite get Manzai and think it's irritating... and thought the point was simply that it was irritating... but have you paid attention to the content?

Jovia is a "Bench-warmer wife" and a "Plus-one" that came in a "package deal with a great beauty"

Not only confirming she's married to Seina, but that she did so with a second woman. As this was probably Barrium, I'd guess Airen?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, not writing three in a row,  it's kind of minor...
I found this odd archived 90's Brazilian fan page, it had nice images of all of the Laserdisc art for the first 13 episodes- so I added them to the wiki as cover images (I had done the same for OVA3 and OVA4 too- DVD art, of course).

I'd never looked at them in order like that before. Except for The Night Before the Carnival, all feature motifs that count which episode number it is. OVA1 is easy, just fingers, OVA 2 is number of cabbits, OVA 3 is tricky- it's the number of carrots hidden in the picture, #20 makes that more obvious.

OVA4 is back to fingers...

Anyone see something in OVA 5?

Whoops, figured it out...

...in my pants

Carrots it seems
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here