Movies! (Yo I just watched this here movie and...)

Started by Tensami, January 07, 2014, 01:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Let's talk about the movies we've watched recently!

Texas Chainsaw 3D

I knew it was going to be a bad movie, but daaaaaaaaaaaamn!
It takes a special kind of movie to think that the gap between 1975 and 2012 is 20 years. Seriously, the main character is born in 1975, and is around 20 years old in 2012. :bravo:
Also the movie is pretty much a slapstick comedy, hell, even a van manages to fall over.
Oh, and 3D chainsaw throwing. Y'know, everything you thought the original lacked.
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

I saw Coonskin by Ralph Bakshi recently and I had no idea what the fuck I had watched.  :woot: That so weird I liked.

Since that make fun of stereotype, that apparently a racist movie against black which I don't get because the whites characters are not treated better and why Philip Thomas, Charles Gordone, Barry White, and Scat Man Crothers would had star in a anti-black movie ?  :emot-iiam:

Finally saw The Dilemma with Vince Vaughn and Kevin James, was pretty decent, better IMO than what most rated it.

NOTE ALL OF THESE ARE ON NETFLIX

Watched No Place on Earth a couple days ago, it's about the Hungarian Jews that hid from the Nazis in caves for several months. The movie was well done and did an excellent job highlighting an overlooked part of WWII, but the director insisted in blending fact with fiction and in the end ruined the movies credibility. See the movie starts off by revolving around a fictitious cave explorer, who in turn stumbles onto the story of a Jewish family that survived by taking shelter in the same caves he exploded. When actuality the movie is an adaption of a novel written by the survivors, whom immigrated to Canada & the United States after WWII ended.

http://www.youtube.com/v/q0vuJRFn1q4

Before that I watched More Than Honey, a documentary about the decreasing honey bee population. It shed some light on what's happening & talked about some possible solutions, but failed to answer exactly why it is happening. Which judging by what they cover, it seems that the real problem is that man has taken away natural selection and in turn weakened the overall bee population. Instead of taking responsibility, they'd rather beat around the bush. Anyway, it had some really gorgeous footage and was very informative, even if they didn't have the balls to call a spade a spade.

http://www.youtube.com/v/2NT05qEJxUk

Also been working on season 4 of I (Almost) Got Away With It. Which is part of Discovery's true crime programming. Most of the stories are only worth a single watch, but I do enjoy it never the less. Thou the ones I enjoy most are about bank robberies & drug smuggling.

http://www.youtube.com/v/LKYAnClwr_U

And watched Blackfish, the documentary about killer whales in captivity and the coverups places like Seaworld have instigated to avoid financial restitution & business loss, along with lure the amateur trainers into a false sense of security.

http://www.youtube.com/v/fLOeH-Oq_1Y

Another I've recently watched was When We Left Earth: The NASA Missions, 6 45minute episodes chronicle NASA's history from the first test rockets to the hubble telescope.

http://www.youtube.com/v/xSmiBK-yCnE

I watched today two movies !

Duel: First Spielberg movie and that just awesome. I just like how the story look stupid if you just read the resume (I mean, come on a truck that want kill a guy, that look like a cheap B movie) but in fact that really good because the director know how created an atmosphere and a tension. Also, the actor is just great.

Delicatessen: French movie and one of the co-director and the dude who did Alien 4 and Amelie and I prefer Amelie over this movie. I like the atmosphere, but the story didn't really interest me and the only thing I feel I would remember is how the bad guy die.

Fucking finally got my Netflix back....time to watch these movies.

Is this for only bad movies or?

I watched Dredd (from 2012) and it's a good movie even though it bombed at the Box Office, which is too bad because the planned sequels got cancelled.  On Netflix.

http://www.youtube.com/v/Mb4f1xpSu-I
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

Watching Olympus has Fallen

You have fiction, then you have unrealistic bullshit. This is sum bullshit right here, so unrealistic its laughable. Ain't no fucking way in hell the Government is gonna allow some suspicious looking ass plane fly so low in fucking washington DC on the same god damn day and time a meeting with North Korean officials take place. And then you ask questions asking who they are like 3 times? Man please, that plane is getting shot the fuck down then questions asked later.

And how in the fuck like 5 dudes get in the white house with AKs and shit..

Finally saw Guardians Of The Galaxy.

:fuck:

Yo this movie is tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

Not a huge fan of sci-fi or Marvel (or comic book stuff in general), but this movie is fucking awesome. :son: CHECK IT OUT DWEEBS!!!! :son: Fuck that AVrevengers and the Iron Men bullshit.
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

Oh and since it's christmas. Do yourselves a favor and watch my favorite christmas movie, The Changeling.

https://www.youtube.com/v/cETMR4cUp6c

I watched Guardians of the Galaxy and The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies this past week.  While I ended up going to see Bot5A at the local theater, it should be noted that I originally intended to go see GotG when it was in theaters but those plans did not end up working out.

I had not watched the previous Hobbit movies nor had I seen the Lord of the Rings movies yet, but having read the original Hobbit book back in fifth grade I figured I'd go see it when a family friend invited me and my friend to do so.  Definitely one of the best prequel movies that falls under the "prequel released after the sequel" trope I've ever seen, and I am definitely going to watch the LotR trilogy at some point now.  (Speaking of which, opinions on which to watch between the original LotR movies and the extended versions would be highly appreciated.)

Guardians was awesome in a completely different way.  It is definitely different than the other Marvel Cinematic Universe movies in overall tone, but still one of the best movies this whole year.  I liked all five Guardians as characters for different reasons individually and for the whole "wacky team that is completely different individually but ends up working out just fine" thing.  Thanos showing up to set up for his eventual re-emergence in the MCU later on helped things too as did Dave "The Animal" Batista playing the role of Drax (Which in my book he did an awesome job representing the character).
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)