OVA 4 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, December 30, 2015, 09:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Here is an image from the official OVA 4 twitter feed.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Look like it is gonna start like OVA 3: we follow a little day life at Tenchi's mansion and then new characters comes in the house.

November 09, 2016, 04:17:28 PM #153 Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 04:36:08 PM by GP cadet 87
These episodes better be AT LEAST 75 min long. That's the only way I'll accept 1 OVA per disc.

Judging by  the 2nd trailer, the story arc is gonna be focused on Juraian politics. Hopefully we'll get some character development from Tenchi's extended family, 'cause the plot doesn't seem too interesting IMHO.

Quote from: GP cadet 87 on November 09, 2016, 04:17:28 PMThese episodes better be AT LEAST 75 min long. That's the only way I'll accept 1 OVA per disc.

I predict from 30m to 45m.
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.

Quote from: GP cadet 87 on November 09, 2016, 04:17:28 PMJudging by  the 2nd trailer, the story arc is gonna be focused on Juraian politics. Hopefully we'll get some character development from Tenchi's extended family, 'cause the plot doesn't seem too interesting IMHO.

I understand that.  But given we've got 4 episodes here and this trailer is for episode 1, I think we'll only see that for 2 episodes at most.  That, I wouldn't get too worried about.  And think of it this way... after the way OVA 3 ended, combined with the shorter episode count for OVA 4, I also wouldn't get too worried about a villain like Kagato, Dr Clay, or Z showing up.  This one's going to be character development based through and through and that's a good thing at this point TBH.

On another note... given that OVA 4 Episode 4 falls right smack near the Tenchi 25th Anniversary (Episode 4 releases August 30, 2017, anniversary date is September 25, 2017), I'm going to make a prediction, albeit a VERY bold one.  I think that Tenchi will share his first kiss with one of the main girls in OVA 4's final episode at least.  (The kiss with Misaki notwithstanding of course, given she's not part of the harem.)  Which of the girls that ends up being and / or if he shares such emotions with more than one of course remains to be seen.

...I'm serious.  I think that it's finally going to happen.  Think about it.  25 years is long enough of a wait for the fans in terms of the canonical timeline to find out such information (Even though we already know that he gets married to all of the girls - the thing here is we don't know exactly how it happens), and OVA 4 is going to be running during most of the anniversary year.  Mark my words, it's going to happen.  I personally think that it's gonna be fun to predict who he shares that love with first... and even more fun when the reveal happens and how those who guessed wrong react to it.  *Rubs his hands together and grins evilly, getting ready for the betting pool*
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

One more week...

I can make

:shepicide:

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on November 21, 2016, 02:33:59 AM
One more week...

I can make

:shepicide:

It won't even be translated right away bro :nonono:

November 22, 2016, 12:11:30 PM #158 Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 12:15:55 PM by WarOmnimon
Quote from: Dr.Soviet on November 21, 2016, 08:21:27 PM
It won't even be translated right away bro :nonono:

^ This... unfortunately.  While I'm flatout surprised that they didn't even get Crunchyroll or another licensed anime streaming service on board to provide day 1 subs, I can also understand given that Ai Tenchi Muyo bombed in Japan in terms of ratings and sales and therefore none of the licensees are likely even considering Tenchi right now, which given that we're finally getting OVA 4 is a darned shame.  It's a similar situation as to why Saban went with adapting Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger into Power Rangers Dino Charge instead of doing something with Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters.  Keep in mind, Go-Busters also bombed in terms of not only ratings and sales, but also its toyline which also bombed.

Comparison involving another franchise, I know, but had to point it out.  It's business and licensing 101.  Stinks more often than not when stuff like this happens (Especially with OVA 4), but we're forced to deal with it unfortunately and in this case you can blame Ai not succeeding for that.  OVA 4 is suffering in the west from the fact that like Go-Busters, the licensees don't want anything to do with Ai, and that led to Tenchi as a whole being overlooked... and again, that's a darned shame.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.

Remember to support Tenchi Muyo by buying the OVA4 collection when it comes out.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Quote from: antvasima on November 23, 2016, 01:53:42 AM
Remember to support Tenchi Muyo by buying the OVA4 collection when it comes out.

Just FOUR MORE DAYS TILL OVA 4!!! WOO!  :woop:

One more day!  IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!  Where's Europe when you need them?  :D

It's really annoying.  I'm looking around for the release, then I see it has 2.5 stars based on 10 reviews on Amazon... but I look and most of them so far are from weeks or months before release:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/product-reviews/B01HPJOUF4/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_btm?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=recent

It's as bad as AIC buying fake positive reviews for Ai Tenchi before it's Vol1 release. 
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.