OVA 4 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, December 30, 2015, 09:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
After the subtitled version comes out, is anybody willing to write a summary of the episode in the Tenchi Muyo wiki?

(Brief summaries for the various Tenchi Muyo novels would be appreciated as well of course)
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Would anyone mind providing the title of the episode so I can try to track down the raw?

I don't have a torrent program, but I can to go on different sites to see if it's on there.

December 05, 2016, 02:27:20 PM #212 Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 02:30:50 PM by Andraste
I am waiting for the fansub. I know basically what the episode is about. I have read descriptions and seen screenshots but I want the full effect when I watch it. I even went back and watched all of OVA 1,2, and 3 in subtitles so it would seem more cohesive for me.  Honestly it is the first time I have done that and I loved it! It really upped my enjoyment of OVA 3 especially because I missed Ryoko's dub voice the first time I watched it. (Also I watched all of GXP and that helped tremendously. I was actually happy to see Seto and Airi.)

Seems pretty good.
Ryoko and Ayeka all buddy buddy... 
:ohboy:

image url upload

Can anyone tell us what the signs say?  It looks like Kiyone isn't just hurt but tied down like in an insane asylum <.<
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.

December 05, 2016, 03:37:59 PM #214 Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 03:44:25 PM by GP cadet 87
I'm in the middle of re-watching Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure and War on Geminar. No need to re-watch the OVAs since I did that earlier this year, as well as re-watch GXP.

I had almost forgotten how much I liked all the Tenchi related stuff and spinoffs. I have several favorite characters from each show: Yayoi, Mitsuki Sanada, Ken Sanada Flora, Lashara, Aura, Mexiah and Amane Kaunaq, if you're curious about my tastes. I like certain parts of the stories, and there's a lot of great humor.

But I feel that each show suffered from different problems. Kenshi for example is so OP that he became almost boring. If it wasn't for the several great "fish out of water" moments, he's not only forgettable but also overshadows everyone else. By far, GXP has the most filler, and overall baring some solid episodes, it's pretty mediocre.

With GXP, the problem was, I think, that a lot of Kajshima's ideas, like for example, the Seto Scouts, Kiriko's special training, Ryoko's background, Neeju's true personality and powers, just to name a few things, were cut out or ignored because the director Nabeshin wanted to tell jokes instead.

Dual has the best balance between story and characters IMHO.

I can't wait to see what ova 4 adds to Tenchi's story. Someone please sub it quickly!

Quote from: جبريل 無道 on December 05, 2016, 03:10:30 PM
It looks like Kiyone isn't just hurt but tied down like in an insane asylum <.<

Probably just to keep her in the hospital. Remember that she got hit by a car after trying to walk home to Tenchi in OVA 3. This is prolly the aftermath.
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

Speculation time

Fuck it, I'm calling it now. Kiyone is still alive. The only person who knows it is Tennyo.

Kiyone often pretends to be Tennyo, just like they did before.

Kiyone is going to be forced to come out to stop Minaho.

There's no way they just keep fucking up how her hair should look. Tennyo has multiple small bangs and Kiyone only has the single one in the middle. orviceversaidontfuckinknow...

This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

Quote from: Tensami on December 05, 2016, 06:04:21 PM
Speculation time

Fuck it, I'm calling it now. Kiyone is still alive. The only person who knows it is Tennyo.

There's no way they just keep fucking up how her hair should look. Tennyo has multiple small bangs and Kiyone only has the single one in the middle. orviceversaidontfuckinknow...

You know... I AGREE.  Not only do the points make sense, but given what Minaho's trying to do and we know that Tenchi ends up with the main girls anyway, he's gonna need a "Get Out of Jail Free" card here, and I don't see any other such means for him to get out of this without the others getting all up in Minaho's Kool Aid and causing more problems than there need to be.

TLDR Yup, my guess is also that Kiyone's still alive and she's gonna be Tenchi's "Get Out of Jail Free" card, that way he can buy Park Place AND Boardwalk before Minaho does (As in, reach the ending we know is going to happen).  :emot-smugdog:
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Quote from: Tensami on December 05, 2016, 06:04:21 PM
Speculation time

I think one of the biggest red flags for this is her being in the ending credits. Who puts a long dead character in the ending? Unless she is just a major focus.

I hope this isn't the case but it very well could be. The whole sister mother twist was a lot the last season. I loved Kiyone's scenes in the last episode of OVA 3 tho.

I am glad that most of us have agreed, Minaho probably isnt sticking around. Maybe when Kajishima saw the fan reaction to Noike, he thought a perfect antagonist would be a possible love interest? (Or its been planned forever.) Either way... Defining the harem or some sort of romance from Tenchi would be amazing.

December 05, 2016, 10:14:05 PM #219 Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 10:32:23 PM by GP cadet 87
I don't know. Switching places in one thing, but she would have no reason to pretend would she? Yeah, the entire Misaki family needs to protect the secret of their alien heritage from outsiders. But Tenchi's dad didn't pretend to be dead, and he's over 200 years old isn't he?

I thought Noike was well-liked by the Japanese fan base? It's the North American fans who didn't like her, because she seemed to show up out of the blue and upstage the other girls. What made things worse is that Noike was also seen as a replacement for Kiyone from the Tenchi Universe continuity. Even though that character wasn't created by Kajishima and she has no connection to the main timeline whatsoever. OVA 3 has it's problems, but the lack of access to all the extra Tenchi related material made many American Tenchi fans judge Noike unfairly IMHO.

I can see a Kiyone surprise revival happening to be completely honest.

Remember she has a fucked up sense of humor so this could have been the ultimate prank to pretend she was dead all them years then just show up.

The dying in her sleep thing still just seems so suspect. Even without her own ship, or GP enhancements....its just too random. And if she died in her sleep, how did she know to write a post-death script specifically to be told to Tenchi? As if she knew she was gonna die.

:conan:

Quote from: Andraste on December 05, 2016, 09:16:41 PM
I am glad that most of us have agreed, Minaho probably isnt sticking around. Maybe when Kajishima saw the fan reaction to Noike, he thought a perfect antagonist would be a possible love interest? (Or its been planned forever.) Either way... Defining the harem or some sort of romance from Tenchi would be amazing.

I think what I'm gonna like about this OVA is that compared to the past where the girls would fight over it, they'd just accept it if Minaho joined the harem. I think we're gonna finally see Tenchi make some choices as far as what he wants romantically for once.

Quote from: GP cadet 87 on December 05, 2016, 10:14:05 PM
OVA 3 has it's problems, but the lack of access to all the extra Tenchi related material made many American Tenchi fans judge Noike unfairly IMHO.

Yep. I agree. I like the lore but I hope this is a more contained story for that reason.

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on December 05, 2016, 10:39:11 PM
I can see a Kiyone surprise revival happening to be completely honest.

Remember she has a fucked up sense of humor so this could have been the ultimate prank to pretend she was dead all them years then just show up.

That is just taking it a bit to far tho. Not only for her but for anyone who is an accomplice.

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on December 05, 2016, 10:41:13 PM
I think what I'm gonna like about this OVA is that compared to the past where the girls would fight over it, they'd just accept it if Minaho joined the harem. I think we're gonna finally see Tenchi make some choices as far as what he wants romantically for once.

I don't think that will be the case until Tenchi shows them some sort of reciprocation of their affections. I think for some of the girls they have bonded (some might know the possibility for multiple marriage exists.) The issue isn't sharing but being separated from Tenchi completely. During the wedding scene they weren't to happy about Airi hugging on Tenchi. Jealousy is pretty natural if you feel insecure in your relationship.

:speculate:

My predictions:

IF there is little to no combat happening this season, Minaho could be the "antagonist". Driving the group together into something more like what we have seen in the 'If' series. (at least starting that process...)

Also because of the OVA 4 announcement Kajishima did I feel like a portion could focus on Rea and mess she is about to get into (with joining the ranks of the women who basically run the universe.) This makes sense considering War on Geminar's 'twist' and Tokimi's interest in their wedding at the end of OVA 3.

Basically I think we are gonna see a lot of universe building or tying together in this. To keep this about Tenchi (and with little/no combat,) its going to have to be some sort of major character development.

. . .or maybe that is just wishful thinking.

OVA 4 takes place around the time of Rea's and Nobuyuki's wedding.  Minaho may be the antagonist in the series.  I had theorized that Minaho is  married. Yet in episode one, Minaho seem to have chosen to remain single. If Minaho is married, her spouse can be a woman.  There is a slight chance that Minaho has  a sister-wife or two.  At the moment,  I will believe that Minaho is single until the next two episodes.

:pcgamer:

The summer comiket doujin seems to paint a picture of a closer Minaho/Tenchi relationship when he was a child than we believed:
http://www.uselesstenchi.org/Forum/index.php?topic=1119.0

Are we going to see Aunts in Tenchi's pants soon?

Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.