OVA 4 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, December 30, 2015, 09:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 20, 2016, 01:26:06 AM #285 Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 07:27:39 AM by khaos11
This is my take on it. *Note I do not speak Japanese. This is what I get from the context and from some keywords that I believe I am hearing.

After blushing Tenchi says her calling him cute is "kind of..." or "a bit..." (chotto)

It sounds like she says something along the lines of:

I've decided...(kimeta)
Kiyone's (something) son... (Kiyone ... musuko)

...a line I could maybe guess at some but really don't know...

I'd like to... (suki)
Eat you up. (kurau)

Though I'm probably completely wrong   :shyboy:

Thanks Guy's, so bum bum bum drama about to get mixed up with Tenchi's harem.

Quote from: khaos11 on December 20, 2016, 01:26:06 AM
This is my take on it. *Note I do not speak Japanese. This is what I get from the context and from some keywords that I believe I am hearing.

After blushing Tenchi says her calling him cute is "kind of..." or "a bit..." (chotto)

I've decided...(kimeta)

I'd like to... (suki)
Eat you up. (kurau)

Maybe I hear....

I've decided...(kimeta)
Today I have to monopolize Kiyone's proud son (Kiyone chan no jimanno musuko o kyowa hitorijimeni shichao)
You should be able to hang out with me? (付き合って kureruyowane?)

Quote from: akaranaja on December 20, 2016, 10:16:10 AM

I've decided...(kimeta)

I'd like to... (suki)
Eat you up. (kurau)

Maybe I hear....

I've decided...(kimeta)
Today I have to monopolize Kiyone's proud son (Kiyone chan no jimanno musuko o kyowa hitorijimeni shichao)
Right basically asking to date him.
Seto must be up to something.

I hope this OVA shows them coming together as a family. I like how Ryoko and Ayeka seem to be respecting Tenchi as a person (like when Minaho went in for the hug.) and hopefully this situation will make him realize what he wants.

In sketches in the book Tenchi has kids with multiple woman in his harem right? I'm hoping this is leading up to that for the final.

I am hopeful for the final the Harem team works together to save Tenchi, if it's about him being forced to get married with this new girl even though he wouldn't want to, I could see this :D

I also am hoping for some true emotions from each girls point of view on this, some thing truly emotional like Ryoko's big date.

Quote from: akaranaja on December 20, 2016, 10:16:10 AM

I've decided...(kimeta)

I'd like to... (suki)
Eat you up. (kurau)

Maybe I hear....

I've decided...(kimeta)

Keep in mind she hasn't seen him since Kiyone's funeral.
She might just want to (platonically) get acquainted with him.
And this is a way to tease him & us both.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Quote from: GP cadet 87 on December 19, 2016, 11:27:13 PM

Several characters mention Seina quite a bit, which is surprising. Mikami is um, really forward about what she wants to do with Seina. Even though there are no subs and I don't speak Japanese, her tone and Tenyo and Airi's expressions are unmistakable.  :heysexy: Poor Seina. American fans who are only familiar with the old looking woman from GXP are in for a big surprise. Damn that is one fine grandmamma!

The Mikami really did throw me - but I figured it was a GXP thing and/or a character redesign shortly into the scene, but then I remembered the old Mikami is in OVA 3.

Was she never suppose to be old or is it something like Yosho?  :duck:

It seems to be a disguise similar to Yosho's, in order to get more respect, and not distract her subordinates with how attractive she is naturally.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Even sultry smokin granny want some earther lovin.

December 21, 2016, 11:11:02 AM #295 Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 07:09:05 PM by GP cadet 87
Quote from: khaos11 on December 21, 2016, 04:42:30 AM

The Mikami really did throw me - but I figured it was a GXP thing and/or a character redesign shortly into the scene, but then I remembered the old Mikami is in OVA 3.

Was she never suppose to be old or is it something like Yosho?  :duck:

There are a few illustrations of her younger self in the GXP novels, especially #10. Believe me, when I realized she was the same old dumpy lady from the show, my jaw hit the floor. She's basically pulling a Yosho, using an advanced holographic disguise to appear old, but in reality she looks to be in her early 30's at the very most. I can't say for certain, but apparently she decided to drop the disguise just to mess with Seina.

I don't know why characters in the Tenchiverse choose to look old (besides Yosho, who was in hiding), but if I had to guess, she doesn't want to get hit on by men as soon as she leaves her house. Seriously, she looks hotter than her own great-niece!

Even better, according to Washu, she is one of the 20 women candidates (of whom 6 we still don't know about) who can counter Seina's bad luck. And judging by Airi and Tenyo's reactions and how they kept mentioning Seina, she is quite serious about getting it on with the poor kid.

I find it hilarious that Kajishima's latest doujinshi explaining the background to OVA 4 says explicitly that she looks hotter than Amane.

God, that must suck; Amane is a former super model, and not only is her boss equal to her in looks, but she's after her Earth boy toy too.  :heysexy:

I know that Kajishima-sensei established Mikami as looking younger in the doujinshi and other places. I've never been a fan of that though. Then again, I'm not sure how old she really is.

That said, it should also mean that Minami has a similar, young look.

I don't suppose any one found any sub version of ova 4 epsiode 1 yet by cany chance

Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on December 23, 2016, 12:30:17 AM
I know that Kajishima-sensei established Mikami as looking younger in the doujinshi and other places. I've never been a fan of that though. Then again, I'm not sure how old she really is.

I know it's your personal opinion, but can you elaborate, because I find that a bit confusing. Seto is stated to be at least 6000 years old IIRC, and barely looks into her 40s. Hell, even she teases Seina a little bit. Life extension tech is widespread throughout the galaxy. Mikami considers her true self to be extremely attractive; I assume she puts on the old lady disguise just to avoid being hit on everywhere.

That's also why I find Airi's sensitivity about her age so funny. At best she looks to be into her early '30's, in peak physical condition.

That's one reason why I envy Tenchi and Seina quite a bit. The girls will look beautiful for many centuries to come.  :heysexy:

Quote from: Tenchi10 on December 23, 2016, 01:13:31 AM
I don't suppose any one found any sub version of ova 4 epsiode 1 yet by cany chance

Not yet.

Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on December 23, 2016, 12:30:17 AM

I like the disquise but dislike the change in character. Like she went from being super respectable to well... You know.

My favorite thing aside from the character growth of Ryoko and Ayeka is the new friendship of Tokimi and Mihoshi. Honestly I wasn't sure I would like a chibi Tokimi in the house but I do because of this.