OVA 4 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, December 30, 2015, 09:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Nothing yet, but such an announcement is probably being kept on hold until all of the episodes are released in Japan. But it will most likely be FUNimation!

Quote from: CajunShaun on July 10, 2017, 04:16:07 PM
Nothing yet, but such an announcement is probably being kept on hold until all of the episodes are released in Japan. But it will most likely be FUNimation!
I hope so.  I really do.  Especially given that Petrea Burchard did say in that interview that she'd reprise her role as Ryoko if the opportunity came up again.  But on the other hand, after Ai Tenchi Muyo! completely bombed in Japan (Which is definitely the reason why it didn't get licensed), maybe FUNI got cold feet.  I mean, even the streaming services didn't pick OVA 4 up right away for subs only like they do with so many other anime, and we know that they sure as heck didn't go anywhere near Ai.  Anyway, with that being said, back to the topic at hand... episode 4 speculation.  I'm here legit scratching my head thinking about what we'll get from it.  AIC is being super secretive about the finale and we're less than two months away from the episode's release - at this point leading up to the first 3 episodes, we had little teaser pics on the Twitter account.  Not so much this time.

First, I'll discuss what I think it WON'T be.  Like Ricin, I'd love to see it being a "Kenshi growing up montage", but as both Ricin and Eric said, not likely.  Which leads to the big question of the day... the first 3 episodes finished OVA 4's marching orders, so what are they going to do with the finale?  Is there anything left to do?  I mean, there is Tarrant's attack as has been noted by Based Fap (He's doing so much translation work for the fanbase now that yes, he's Based Fap... at least in my book), but doing that all in 1 episode?  Also very unlikely.  Keep in mind, the fights with Kagato, Dr Clay, and Z took 2 episodes each.  To varying degrees as to how much time of the first episode for those encounters was taken, yes, but they all still took 2 episodes.

Now, what I think it WILL be?  It's more than likely that episode 4 will be... *Drumroll* ...a "bonus episode" of some kind.  Maybe we'll get a Night Before The Carnival type situation, or maybe we'll get OVA 3 +1.  I hope it's the former.  But yeah, it won't be the Kenshi growing up montage, and it won't be Tarrant's attack.  There's logic working against it being either of those.  At the end of the day, I think it's gonna be something fun moreso than story development at this point, but I'd also love to be proven wrong.   :parrot:
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Quote from: WarOmnimon on July 10, 2017, 05:11:43 PM
Quote from: CajunShaun on July 10, 2017, 04:16:07 PM
I hope so.  I really do.  Especially given that Petrea Burchard did say in that interview that she'd reprise her role as Ryoko if the opportunity came up again.  But on the other hand, after Ai Tenchi Muyo! completely bombed in Japan (Which is definitely the reason why it didn't get licensed), maybe FUNI got cold feet.  I mean, even the streaming services didn't pick OVA 4 up right away for subs only like they do with so many other anime, and we know that they sure as heck didn't go anywhere near Ai.  Anyway, with that being said, back to the topic at hand... episode 4 speculation.  I'm here legit scratching my head thinking about what we'll get from it.  AIC is being super secretive about the finale and we're less than two months away from the episode's release - at this point leading up to the first 3 episodes, we had little teaser pics on the Twitter account.  Not so much this time.

First, I'll discuss what I think it WON'T be.  Like Ricin, I'd love to see it being a "Kenshi growing up montage", but as both Ricin and Eric said, not likely.  Which leads to the big question of the day... the first 3 episodes finished OVA 4's marching orders, so what are they going to do with the finale?  Is there anything left to do?  I mean, there is Tarrant's attack as has been noted by Based Fap (He's doing so much translation work for the fanbase now that yes, he's Based Fap... at least in my book), but doing that all in 1 episode?  Also very unlikely.  Keep in mind, the fights with Kagato, Dr Clay, and Z took 2 episodes each.  To varying degrees as to how much time of the first episode for those encounters was taken, yes, but they all still took 2 episodes.

Now, what I think it WILL be?  It's more than likely that episode 4 will be... *Drumroll* ...a "bonus episode" of some kind.  Maybe we'll get a Night Before The Carnival type situation, or maybe we'll get OVA 3 +1.  I hope it's the former.  But yeah, it won't be the Kenshi growing up montage, and it won't be Tarrant's attack.  There's logic working against it being either of those.  At the end of the day, I think it's gonna be something fun more so than story development at this point, but I'd also love to be proven wrong.   :parrot:
aww yeah based fap that gives me the urge to summarize some more of the doujinshi.
i realise the tarrant attack has that issue it's not exactly 1 episode friendly. but it is next...
it makes way more sense as ova 5's beginning though. like you said tenchi has never done a one episode villain arc like that there always two parters.

but! and here's something most of us have forgotten... we still haven't seen everything from the preview doujin yet

https://e-hentai.org/s/522c0cf6e5/803952-6
https://e-hentai.org/s/46277c9c18/803952-7

many of those characters havent even shown up yet.
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

July 10, 2017, 08:50:22 PM #678 Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 09:02:02 PM by CajunShaun
Truthfully I don't think Ai Tenchi Muyo would have been picked up even if it was good, given the series format of 60 four minute episodes. If it would've been good it would most likely need to edited into fewer episodes with a longer runtime in Japan first, because that's what most of the company's are looking to license.

Quote from: WarOmnimon on July 10, 2017, 05:11:43 PMI mean, even the streaming services didn't pick OVA 4 up right away for subs only like they do with so many other anime

Did a streaming service pick up OVA 4? That would surprise me, considering that OVA series like TM!R are considered along the lines of limited edition releases, whereby they charge a TON of money for a single episode. Allowing it to stream before the series has completed in Japan for a few months would surprise me.

July 11, 2017, 05:51:43 AM #680 Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 03:43:51 PM by WarOmnimon
Quote from: Fap_fapperson on July 10, 2017, 06:23:37 PM
aww yeah based fap that gives me the urge to summarize some more of the doujinshi.
i realise the tarrant attack has that issue it's not exactly 1 episode friendly. but it is next...
it makes way more sense as ova 5's beginning though. like you said tenchi has never done a one episode villain arc like that there always two parters.

but! and here's something most of us have forgotten... we still haven't seen everything from the preview doujin yet

https://e-hentai.org/s/522c0cf6e5/803952-6
https://e-hentai.org/s/46277c9c18/803952-7

many of those characters havent even shown up yet.
Hey, no problem - you're doing God's work basically.  As for what you just noted with those characters... well how about that!  I'll take "This is OVA 4 episode 4" for $1,000, Trebek.  :)

Quote from: CajunShaun on July 10, 2017, 08:50:22 PM
Truthfully I don't think Ai Tenchi Muyo would have been picked up even if it was good, given the series format of 60 four minute episodes. If it would've been good it would most likely need to edited into fewer episodes with a longer runtime in Japan first, because that's what most of the company's are looking to license.
Well...  *Points at Petit IDOLM@STER, which also uses the same format and actually got licensed*  And the scary thing with that is, most of IM@S's source material didn't get licensed, yet the anime did.  Just something to point out.

Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on July 11, 2017, 04:51:54 AM
Did a streaming service pick up OVA 4? That would surprise me, considering that OVA series like TM!R are considered along the lines of limited edition releases, whereby they charge a TON of money for a single episode. Allowing it to stream before the series has completed in Japan for a few months would surprise me.
Nope, they haven't yet.  And what you said is definitely true.  But then again, back when OVAs 1 to 3 were current, the streaming services weren't a thing.  It's just a thought given how times have changed.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.

Quote from: CajunShaun on July 10, 2017, 08:50:22 PM
Well...  *Points at Petit IDOLM@STER, which also uses the same format and actually got licensed*  And the scary thing with that is, most of IM@S's source material didn't get licensed, yet the anime did.  Just something to point out

Forgive my ignorance, but I've never heard of Idolm@ster before so I was unaware of the series.

Quote from: CajunShaun on July 11, 2017, 12:10:47 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but I've never heard of Idolm@ster before so I was unaware of the series.
Hey, it's to be expected.  Like I said, IDOLM@STER isn't as easily accessible over here as it is in Japan.  It started as a series of video games, and the only things that got licensed aside from an iOS port of a PSP game (Which the game in question was one of the spinoff games and not part of the mainline games, so it doesn't play the same at all) was the anime (Petit IDOLM@STER which I just mentioned being the big one in this discussion).  And the anime didn't get dubbed, subs only, so yeah.

Also, in regards to the "OVA 4 isn't over in Japan so it won't be licensed by Crunchy" stuff.  I did have a thought just now that causes more chin scratching.  Digimon Adventure Tri is a series of OVAs that gets theatrical runs in Japan before home video... but on the day that each theatrical run begins, BOOM Crunchy has it.  Makes you wonder how a theatrical OVA can be put on Crunchy right away yet a traditional OVA cannot... right?

>.> <.<

Yeah, of course I was gonna bring up something Digimon as relates to the OVA releases.  I mean, I'm the Digimon guy around here.  *Runs*

Quote from: CajunShaun on July 11, 2017, 12:10:47 PM
It's "legendary" for delaying Berserk. ;)
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Some pics from twitter. First pic might be Ryo-Ohki and Sasami looking at baby Kenshi. Not sure who's in the third pic or fourth pics.

Looks like Azusa's parents

*Notices the first pic*

Well I'll be... we might be getting that Kenshi growing up montage after all.  *Runs*

thats definately kazuki azusas dad
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

The woman looks like Kanemitsu's wife. Maybe she comes to Earth with the baby to inform Minaho that she gave birth to a girl.

Quote from: CajunShaun on July 12, 2017, 05:15:30 PM
The woman looks like Kanemitsu's wife. Maybe she comes to Earth with the baby to inform Minaho that she gave birth to a girl.

you're right that does look like yuzuha kanemitsu's wife. but, minaho already knows it was  girl she learned in the 4th chapter of gxp which is still during ova 3. ... it would be funny if she tried to push her child on tenchi before she tried seina. and its probabaly definately her because she is in the doujin on the last page
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here