OVA 4 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, December 30, 2015, 09:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 15, 2017, 01:00:30 PM #705 Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 01:25:21 PM by GP cadet 87
Hah, I knew it! I knew there was a reason they were dropping so many references to GXP besides fanservice!

Really cool to see a grown-up Seina. Now I"m curious to see how much Seina will contribute to Kenshi's training/upbringing. Perhaps the novels explain this, but does Seina have anything special to contribute for training Kenshi besides his mecha pilot skill-ooooooohhhh.

Amane and Gyoukuren (sp?) showing up too is a surprise. I wonder how much screen time they will have.

I hope the OVA has sold well enough so that we can to go into OVA 5 soon, instead of ending on a blatant sequel hook.

Quote from: GP cadet 87 on July 15, 2017, 01:00:30 PM
Hah, I knew it! I knew there was a reason they were dropping so many references to GXP besides fanservice!

Really cool to see a grown-up Seina. Now I"m curious to see how much Seina will contribute to Kenshi's training/upbringing. Perhaps the novels explain this, but does Seina have anything special to contribute for training Kenshi besides his mecha pilot skill-ooooooohhhh.

Amane and Gyoukuren (sp?) showing up too is a surprise. I wonder how much screen time they will have.

I hope the OVA has sold well enough so that we can to go into OVA 5 soon, instead of ending on a blatant sequel hook.

This should answer your question about Seina's contribution.
https://e-hentai.org/s/e278fbc6f0/677737-16

Really cool to see a grown-up Seina. Now I"m curious to see how much Seina will contribute to Kenshi's training/upbringing. Perhaps the novels explain this, but does Seina have anything special to contribute for training Kenshi besides his mecha pilot skill-ooooooohhh

seina and mihoshi specificly are credited with using their abnormal probability vectors to help  train kenshi. mihoshis is positive seinas is negative so

oh wait someone beat me to it... i never considered he was also helping eith mech pioliting
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: CajunShaun on July 15, 2017, 12:12:34 PM
Makes me wonder how the episode will end. Will it be with Tenchi and Seina's families watching Kenshi battling Gaia or will it end with Kenshi being sent to Geminar?

You can split the difference. OAV 4 can end with sending Kenshi. OAV  4+1 can end with them watching the Geminar fight.

July 15, 2017, 11:14:03 PM #709 Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 08:16:08 PM by Ricin

I am not sure ZINV would allow Kenshi to pilot it. Also Kenshi was said to learn his piloting ability from Dagmyer's crew.

Also when they were discussing Kenshi's upbringing and fail condition he was pretty much surrounded by all of the GXP girls. There is also the scene with Mexiah where Kenshi states that he had same the look in her eyes from Aunts, grandmothers and so on. That needs to show up in the montage too.

Quotes from ISM Subs:

Kenshi: You have a scary look in your eyes, Ma'am. Am I just imagining things, or are you about to teach me what's applicable or abnormal?
Mexiah: You're Imagining things!
Kenshi: You're lying! I am not imagining things! I have sister-in-laws, aunts and grandmas who get that same mischievous look in their eyes!

Also the bottom left hand inlet of this picture is what I am talking about when I say he is surounded by the GXP girls.

https://e-hentai.org/s/f4fdf12905/676809-12

If that's what it takes to make it properly...
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Quote from: CajunShaun on July 21, 2017, 12:57:15 AM
:frustrated: :rwhy: :rwhy: :rwhy:

THIS.  SO much this.  I'm actually upset with AIC right now.  They were on a roll and then suddenly a delay?  They seriously can't afford this on the 25th anniversary year after the 20th anniversary failed.

Quote from: Harls on July 21, 2017, 03:07:35 AM
If that's what it takes to make it properly...

Which is only a 2 week delay.  I don't think that's making it properly stuff... that's actually suspicious.  If it was 3 weeks or even a month, then yeah, I'd hear you on that... but it's only 2 weeks.  That just screams of something fishy going on to me.  So sorry, can't agree with you on this one.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on July 20, 2017, 11:54:15 PM
Episode 4 got delayed until September 13 :neg:

Paaaaaatience is key.

In a weird way this works for me.

I had Dragon Con the day the OAV dropped in Japan. I would have been unable to download it for a week or so anyway.

Sucks for the delay I would love to know the reason.

Quote from: Ricin on July 21, 2017, 10:23:14 PM
Sucks for the delay I would love to know the reason.

Same here.  Though with the delay being only 2 weeks, I don't think it has anything to do with the episode itself.  Given anime production and stuff, especially for an OVA series, it would have been delayed 3 weeks or more if it was something in the episode that was messed up and had to be corrected.  Common sense dictates that.

Anyway, if I was a guessing man... I'd have to say that AIC's crowdfunded Megazone sequel / reboot hitting the stretch goal for its first PV has something to do with this.  Maybe they halted work on the episode so they could get that out top priority given the fact that it's crowdfunded?  If that's the case, it makes me REALLY glad that AIC sold Tenchi to Kadokawa (As noted earlier in the thread), because that combined with episode 4 being the finale means we won't have to put up with these kind of holdups for much longer.  But like I said, this is just a guess, because we don't know details.

TLDR Given that it's only a 2 week delay, I highly doubt it's something related to the episode of the OVA itself.  If it was 3 weeks or more, yeah... but it's not.  It's likely something unrelated to the OVA and / or just AIC being shady.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

if kadokawa has indeed bought tenchi it will be glorious for all of us. or super incredibly awful... i mean they also have to get kajishima's other works with it or else that could ruin so much. :/     AIC is a mess of a company. they have so many good titles and no idea how to manage them.
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

I would appreciate if somebody could provide a link to the news of AIC selling Tenchi Muyo to Kadokawa. Thank you.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki