OVA 4 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, December 30, 2015, 09:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 13, 2017, 09:35:55 AM #780 Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 10:55:47 AM by GP cadet 87
Let me know when there's a copy of the ep on YouTube. For some reason Dailymotion is refusing to load for me.

September 13, 2017, 10:06:31 AM #781 Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 10:11:02 AM by Y_Anthony_Who
Quote from: Kyarotto keeki on September 13, 2017, 07:56:25 AM
Here the 4th episode (raw)  : https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x60j9nq

Have fun :)

Haha, that's the sword art online movie.  ^_^;

Found it though.     https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x60jgaa

Quote from: Y_Anthony_Who on September 13, 2017, 10:06:31 AM
Haha, that's the sword art online movie.  ^_^;

Found it though.     https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x60jgaa

Oups... I put the wrong link :D

Yes, it's the good ^^

Quote from: Eboshi on September 13, 2017, 05:50:29 AM
Even though I am in Japan, people who are producing Ryo-ohki do not seem to be keen on spreading their video work. That's a pity. There are many sales strategies for domestic and overseas. PPV is a really good way.
One of the reasons why I came here is because I want to know how the people of the United States and the world think about the behavior of the producers of Tenchimuyo.

Kajishima is brilliant. Nabeshin was the worst thing to happen to GXP. AIC though AI tenchi was Ok to produce... they sat there for months aproving the script and animation like it wasn't a steaming pile of poop.  AIC is the most inept production company, They couldn't do any of kajishima's work justice, they treat him like he is on the same teir as the people who wrote スーパーミルクちゃん. They also ran bubblegum crisis into the ground and havent done shit with armitage III other then put out a terrible sequal. they poorly promoted issekai seikishi in japan. GXP was a huge train wreck thanks to them not kajishima and so was OVA3.  AIC must be an acronym for Assholes In Charge.

#just my personal opinion
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Fap_fapperson on September 13, 2017, 12:24:07 PM
Quote from: Eboshi on September 13, 2017, 05:50:29 AM
Even though I am in Japan, people who are producing Ryo-ohki do not seem to be keen on spreading their video work. That's a pity. There are many sales strategies for domestic and overseas. PPV is a really good way.
One of the reasons why I came here is because I want to know how the people of the United States and the world think about the behavior of the producers of Tenchimuyo.

Kajishima is brilliant. Nabeshin was the worst thing to happen to GXP. AIC though AI tenchi was Ok to produce... they sat there for months aproving the script and animation like it wasn't a steaming pile of poop.  AIC is the most inept production company, They couldn't do any of kajishima's work justice, they treat him like he is on the same teir as the people who wrote スーパーミルクちゃん. They also ran bubblegum crisis into the ground and havent done shit with armitage III other then put out a terrible sequal. they poorly promoted issekai seikishi in japan. GXP was a huge train wreck thanks to them not kajishima and so was OVA3.  AIC must be an acronym for Assholes In Charge.

#just my personal opinion

I agree with this. Kajishima deserves better! WE FANS DESERVE BETTER!!!!!!

I hope we get more! More Tenchi! More Kenshi! A REAL GXP ANIME BASED ON THE NOVELS! Sigh. Maybe someday. Maybe.

Yeah, if only. At least the sales for OVA 4 and the GXP sales have shown the people at AIC that TM still has a significant fan base, at least domestically.

I wonder if the novels and manga were made available in English that the the North American fan base would be as strong.

Quote from: GP cadet 87 on September 13, 2017, 06:50:04 PM
Yeah, if only. At least the sales for OVA 4 and the GXP sales have shown the people at AIC that TM still has a significant fan base, at least domestically.

I wonder if the novels and manga were made available in English that the the North American fan base would be as strong.
the manga is in english and it was very popular back in the day like when i was in middle school.
but as for novels... they need to be animated americans are lazy/ dont read anything but comics. also theres the problem of the dubs ruining parts of the show.
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Just a heads up everyone. The raw episode is available on nyaa. Just finished downloading it. Gonna watch it tomorrow.

I was hoping it would have an extended run-time, but nope, still half an hour. I skimmed through it, and looks like we got some fanservice.

It seems Tenchi and at least Noike are married by the time Kenshi is born... she called Nobuyuki 'Father'.

Thank you for the heads-up about the new episode. :)

Also, I agree that Kajishima is brilliant, and that AIC has repeatedly severely mismanaged Tenchi Muyo in the past.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Ok, don't have the full context, but the entire episode revolves around discussing Kenshi and whether he should be sent to Geminar. Since we know how that panned out, it feels sort of boring. Love the little character interactions though.

Although it was funny, it seems unfair that the women get the whole five-star treatment during the meeting and the poor men aren't allowed to peep at all that glorious fanservice. ;) Maybe there's some symbolism there.

Great to see the GXP characters again, even though Seina only gets a few lines. Amane was complaining about Kiriko and Karen, so that's something.

So there's lots of talking, and because obviously I don't what's being said, I can't get invested yet. My own fault I guess. If this OVA was aired before War on Geminar, it would've had a way bigger impact. AIC didn't do Misaki-sensei any favors by sitting on this property so long.

September 14, 2017, 02:13:40 PM #791 Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 02:22:16 PM by Eboshi
Thank you for your opinion. The evaluation of Kajishima and AIC in Japan is similar to you. There are many people who wish that Kajishima will come back.
OVA 4 seems popular among Japanese fans (However, it was boring for me), but I do not know whether it is commercially successful. There are thousands of fans, but Kajishima's world is too wide and too deep for new fans to enter.
In the market only in Japan, the development of the Tenchimuyo franchise is difficult due to lack of finance and human resources. It should be released in North America at the same time as it is released in Japan, or it should be released as PPV.
I can not understand why they do not listen to the demands of the world fans.

Quote from: Eboshi on September 14, 2017, 02:13:40 PM
Thank you for your opinion. The evaluation of Kajishima and AIC in Japan is similar to you. There are many people who wish that Kajishima will come back.
OVA 4 seems popular among Japanese fans (However, it was boring for me), but I do not know whether it is commercially successful. There are thousands of fans, but Kajishima's world is too wide and too deep for new fans to enter.
In the market only in Japan, the development of the Tenchimuyo franchise is difficult due to lack of finance and human resources. It should be released in North America at the same time as it is released in Japan, or it should be released as PPV.
I can not understand why they do not listen to the demands of the world fans.
the problem there is for most non-japanise fans, kajishima's world doesn't make a lot of sense. We had incomplete translations of the true tenchi novels for the longest time. i only came in and re-translated them last year.  But that is only readable by the english fans who are still fans of the show in 2017.
Tenchi was in its peak here in the early 2000's. Anime only comes on one tv station here. one night a week. for about 5 hours.
Everything else is released with minimal advertising directly to video stores.

the English tenchi was also mistranslated and poorly voice acted. so it doesn't make sense in English.
They never explain that noike is kagato. They call tenchi's mother his grandma in ova 2. lots of things like that. GXP is a mess of its own.

But that is just english. Spanish, Portugese, Chinese, french, german, and italian fans of the show all exist. They can not read my translations. They have no idea what is going on in kajishima's story.

Kajishima's tenchi is not easy for non japanise people because it requires reading. True Tenchi should have been animated.
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

From now on, I will wonder if OVA 4 will have been a movie.  In OVA 4, we have no major antagonist.    For the first three episodes, it focuses solely around the events of Nobuyuki's and Rea's wedding.  Then came the fourth episode. As a result of the raw version,  OVA 4's fourth episode was a little confusing. 

From the episode, we do get a hint that Sasami is going to middle school. The episode should have disclose Kenshi's age.  Ryo-Ohki is enable to master her human form.

OVA 4 is likely the end of the Ryo-Ohki series.  A lot of  fans are disappointed about not seeing the wedding of Tenchi and the girls.  Tenchi is likely married by the last scenes of episode 4. 

I do suspect that there is going to be a sequel to Ryo-Ohki.  As a fan, I want the timeline of the sequel to take place sometime after 2017.   While there has been some news about OVA 5,  the news had stated that OVA 5 will include Kenshi and some of Tenchi's children.  I want the sequel to focus on Tenchi's oldest son.  Oddly, I want the sequel to be different from all harem series to date.

OVA 4 was not a prefect series.  At first, OVA 4 had seem merely the prequel to War on Geminar.  It had turn out to be the last OVA in the Ryo-Ohki series.  For the moment, the details of a sequel are a few.  As a fan,  I do want the sequel to known as TENCHI MUYO: THE NEXT GENERATION.

:lies: :ignore: :popcorn: :how:

Quote from: takahata on September 14, 2017, 03:45:15 PM

OVA 4 is likely the end of the Ryo-Ohki series.  A lot of  fans are disappointed about not seeing the wedding of Tenchi and the girls.  Tenchi is likely married by the last scenes of episode 4. 

tenchi is hella married.
they spent two whole seconds this ova on how jurai / seto is going to force them to all bite the bullet. Two! :/ muh lack of plot!
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here