What Anime are you currently watching?

Started by Surgeon Of Death, November 07, 2014, 11:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

:rwhy:
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Quote from: WaitoKon on March 18, 2020, 11:19:33 AM
Rising of the Shield Hero is getting more seasons.

Bleach is also coming back. https://comicbook.com/anime/2020/03/18/bleach-new-anime-return-2020-report/

Sheild Hero got a second and third season, I am hyped about that.

Bleach is a dumpster fire.

I liked Bleach, but then the author got sick and decided to rush the ending, rather than take a break like the Hunter X Hunter creator.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Dang... this next anime season is gonna be really empty. So many sequels that I'm not caught up for and not much variety outside of the sequels (I mean, TWO baseball anime, and one of them is one of the sequels I mentioned? COME ON NOW!). About the only thing I'm watching for seasonal anime this season is Kaguya-sama: Love is War Season 2 (Which I am caught up for and will be checking out). Aside from Digimon Adventure: (Not a seasonal anime, but I'll get to that in a moment), the only way this season will have anything else for me is if Tomica Kizuna Gattai Earth Granner gets subbed.

Outside of seasonal anime, I'm also going to be watching Digimon Adventure: (Doing a reboot was the right thing to do, especially given that Digimon Adventure tri. left too many plotholes open in the original timeline that will never be resolved; I am hearing that Last Evolution Kizuna turned out to be good which I was hoping for, but sadly it didn't retcon tri. in the process), and will be continuing to watch Kamen Rider Zero-One and Mashin Sentai Kiramager (Those are toku, but still). And of course, Tenchi OVA 5 episode 2. Hopefully something gets announced for the Summer 2020 anime season aside from what's there now, because if not... I'm gonna have to rely entirely on Adventure:, Zero-One, Kiramager, and Tenchi OVA 5 episode 3.

Also... that cliffhanger ending to Magia Record: Madoka Magica Gaiden Season 1 HURT. Most unfair cliffhanger ending / sequel hook to an anime I've EVER seen, even by Madoka Magica standards (At least the original series didn't have an unfair cliffhanger before a break like that!). The cliffhanger ending to Mairimashita! Iruma-kun's Season 1 was also unfair, but nowhere near as unfair as Magia Record (Iruma-kun's cliffhanger was a character based plot twist, while Magia Record's cliffhanger is like "WHERE DO THEY EVEN GO FROM HERE?" given that they actually dared to leave the main protagonist's fate at the end of the season's final episode uncertain). At least we know when Iruma-kun Season 2 is going to air. Not so much for Magia Record Season 2...

...but hey, at least Autumn 2020 is when the Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken reboot is airing, and that's something that I'm definitely checking out. :)
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Watched That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime over the last few days. It was fun isekai schlock. [spoiler]I still have to watch the first episode of OVA 5.[/spoiler]

So, it's official. Even compared to 2018 and 2019, this really doesn't seem to be my year for anime. Save for Digimon Adventure:, Tenchi Muyo! OVA 5, and Kaguya-sama Love Is War Season 2, pretty much everything is sequels that I'm not caught up for, or new stuff that just didn't grab my attention... I mean, come on. At least the sequels in 2018 and 2019 included several sequels that I was actually caught up on and ready for, and the new stuff in those years actually had my attention. The fact that Dr. Stone: Stone Wars and Cells at Work! Season 2 (Both of which I'm caught up on and am ready for) aren't coming until 2021 basically reinforces that. The only other anime I'll even be paying attention to aside from Digimon and Tenchi for the rest of 2020 is the Dragon Quest: Adventure of Dai reboot... unless by some crazy miracle we actually get My Hero Academia Season 5 and / or Kantai Collection Season 2 (Both of which have been confirmed already) outta nowhere in the Autumn 2020 season... but given a certain pandemic that held things up for a while, I doubt it. In short, this year is all about the tokusatsu on my end, meaning that Digimon, Tenchi, Kamen Rider Zero-One (Which will end in August and be replaced by Kamen Rider Saber in September), Mashin Sentai Kiramager, and Ultraman Z literally have to carry the rest of the year (At least until Adventure of Dai starts up, LOL).

Ah, well... at least I know that Winter 2021 has two sequels that I'm ready for, and at least I know that an anime adaptation of THE iDOLM@STER: Million Live! is finally happening (Hence my avatar change). Which reminds me, I need to finish the final stretch of episodes from the first iM@S anime that I haven't gotten to yet (I only have the endgame last I checked) as well as the movie; for those unaware, this is because Million Live! is a direct sequel to the main story unlike Cinderella Girls and SideM.

May as well take advantage of the anime drought to play catch up. :)
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.

Made the huge mistake of watching Isekai Cheat Magician recently, tried to wash it down with the remake films for Code: Geass. Nunnally was as cute - evil as ever  :Hek:

I watched all of The Misfit of Demon Academy. It was pretty shit, but I watched 12 episodes in one sitting. It's been a long time since I've sit down and just plowed through an anime like that.

Finally, an anime season not mostly comprised of sequels that I'm not ready for or new stuff that just didn't catch my eye! :) Here's what I'm watching this season...

•Dragon Quest: Adventure of Dai
•Hanyo no Yashahime (Though being a sequel to Inuyasha, this one might end up not being a seasonal anime)
•Love Live! Nijigasaki School Idol Club (On which note, tough to choose best girl; I had the same problem with Sunshine!! TBH)

Compare that list to the other anime seasons this year, which had almost nothing for me. Everything I was interested in save for Kaguya-sama: Love is War Season 2 and Magia Record: Madoka Magica Gaiden (The only two seasonal anime I watched this year aside from the above, with the former being the only sequel this year that I was actually ready for) was all sequels that I wasn't ready for (Blame IRL circumstances in 2018 and 2019 that are no longer a factor anymore for preventing me from playing catch-up in time; sadly, the damage was already done). It's the reason why I was hit a bit too close to home when the COVID-19 pandemic caused Digimon Adventure:, Kamen Rider Zero-One, and Mashin Sentai Kiramager to go on hiatus. Not only was Kaguya-sama: Love is War Season 2 almost done by then, but Ultraman Z started up right when those shows returned.

As for stuff that isn't seasonal...

•Digimon Adventure:
•Kamen Rider Saber (This one's toku, but I'm listing it for consistency reasons)
•Tenchi Muyo! OVA 5 (We don't get episodes for a few months at a time, but I'm also listing it for consistency reasons)
•Ultraman Z (See Kamen Rider Saber; this one's almost over BTW)

I've officially dropped the aforementioned Kiramager, because I was a couple of episodes behind... and then a certain announcement frustrated me to no end at the very beginning of the month which threw me even more off course (*COUGHSTEVEINSMASHCOUGH*). Shame because I was enjoying the heck out of it. Definitely checking out Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger once that starts, though.
Quote from: WaitoKon on July 12, 2020, 05:00:06 PM
Made the huge mistake of watching Isekai Cheat Magician recently, tried to wash it down with the remake films for Code: Geass. Nunnally was as cute - evil as ever  :Hek:

^ When a show looks interesting on paper and then it turns out to be bad. Don't feel like falling for that, LOL. It's too true about the new stuff that comes up in the seasonal lineups as of late. This is exactly why I'm not too keen on checking out new stuff in the seasonal anime lineups unless I've heard good things about the source material and / or the fanbases feel that the anime adaptation nailed it. This logic led to me checking out the first seasons of shows such as Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kun! Dr. Stone, and Cells at Work! as they aired (And good thing I did, because I enjoyed all three of those and can't wait for their second seasons this coming year), and is also why I plan on checking out Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! at some point.

I've stalled out on Ai Tenchi Muyo, but I'll try to finish it soon. I think I only have about 15 episodes left.

I started the Okaa-san Online anime. It's okay, but JC Staff have been cutting a lot of corners with it.

I also watched quite a bit of Ahiru no Sora. I wanted a fun sports show, but the drama has been really off putting. I probably won't end up finishing it.

I haven't been feeling great lately, exhausted, a bit disoriented... almost matches "post-covid" symptoms... if they weren't also the same chronic exhaustion problems that I've been having off and on for 3 years.

So,  I needed something easy to digest that I could watch in bed. So I'm going through Working! aka Wagnaria!.

I bought the 3rd season last year when it was going out-of-print, finally watching them (saw them streaming, of course)
...in my pants

Please don't overwork yourself Ned. You can take it slower with improving the Tenchi wiki for example. There is no great hurry.

The wiki stuff keeps my mind running and is zero stress (but not wanting to take on actual responsibilities may explain my lack of interest in moderation/Admin duties for it). It's what I do when I am sleepy (and hopefully it doesn't show too much).

And as I say, I've had this for 3 years without a proper diagnosis. I take some depression medicine and it may help some, although I don't really fit a depression diagnosis either, but if I forget to take it, I tend to feel more tired. I need to get a proper sleep study done, but don't feel excited about sleeping in a lab overnight these days and keep putting it off.

Into season 3 now. Seeing Takanashi coping with the fact that he might have feelings for some "old" is hilarious.

"Nazuna, do you think I'm a masochist?"
"...aren't you?"
:D
...in my pants

I think that medicine against depression tends to have unintended side effects. I was overmedicated to the point of severe psychosis several years ago.

The best medicine is likely 30+ minutes of sweat-creating exercise at least 3 times a week combined with taking some Melatonine sleep hormones an hour before you go to bed.