Your favorite of the girls?

Started by Washu Student, August 10, 2012, 01:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Take your pick. Ryoko, Ayeka, Sasami, Mihoshi, Washu, Kiyone, or Sakuya? I'm only talking about the girls from the original series up to and through TinT.

I'll pick Washu. She's cute and really brilliant.
"Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice." -Sydney Freedman from M*A*S*H.

August 10, 2012, 01:52:53 PM #1 Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 01:55:57 PM by Tenchi Ryu
Quote from: Washu Student on August 10, 2012, 01:31:22 PM
Take your pick. Ryoko, Ayeka, Sasami, Mihoshi, Washu, Kiyone, or Sakuya? I'm only talking about the girls from the original series up to and through TinT.

I'll pick Washu. She's cute and really brilliant.
Why stop at Tint? I'm actually one of the oddballs who LIKE Noike as part of the core. And I know Jibs and Gaston love Ryoko B from GXP. And lets not even get started on Yukine and Auir, aka my wives.

I like Ryoko the best.

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on August 10, 2012, 01:52:53 PM

Why stop at Tint? I'm actually one of the oddballs who LIKE Noike as part of the core.

I don't know why so many people hate Noike I mean shes basically Kiyone

For the 10000 billions times, I said my favorite girl is Aeka and after Sasami/Tsunami. BTW, Tenchi Ryu, you forget said I also love Kiriko and Airi from Tenchi GXP and also PS characters Ramia, Misa and Misao.

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on August 10, 2012, 02:21:52 PM
I like Ryoko the best.

Why stop at Tint? I'm actually one of the oddballs who LIKE Noike as part of the core.

Because she likes Tenchi. And that terrible.

August 10, 2012, 02:41:17 PM #4 Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 02:44:03 PM by Tenchi Ryu
I like Ryoko the best.

As far as the Noike hate, its pretty much limited to the Western audience who started Tenchi 10-20 years ago. The Japanese have no beef with her, and people who pick up the series and marathon it have no issues with her. Just the ones who've idolized Ayeka and Ryoko for the past 2 decades to unhealthy proportions.

I think she has a better leash on things than Kiyone. Kiyone just doesn't put her foot down on Mihoshi like she should, especially a Mihoshi who is half as competent than OVA Mihoshi. No way in hell she should have let her career go down the shit hole when simply getting in Mihoshi's ass would have done the job. You see her messing up? Take her shit away and make her EARN her tv shows and food back, stop coddling her laziness then complaining when you have to bite the bullet.

And Yea, like Gaston said, her liking Tenchi instantly puts her in my favorable eye. I've always had the pet peeve of girls who don't like the MC in Harem shows. Like in Sora no Otoshimono, when Mikako start showing signs she was more interested in Sugata than Tomoki, I instantly start liking her less and less.

Nothing wrong with being a SUPPORTING character and not liking the guy, but when you are a MAIN character in a HAREM series and NOT part of the harem in liking the MC, its like, why are you here?

That funny you seems consider Kiyone will never in love with Tenchi since apparently she is in love with him in the novel wrote by Hasegawa. Why if Kiyone was introduced in the OVA, she would be not in love with Tenchi ?

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on August 10, 2012, 02:41:17 PM
Like in Sora no Otoshimono, when Mikako start showing signs she was more interested in Sugata than Tomoki, I instantly start liking her less and less.

I don't see where is the problem. Tomoki already deal with Chaos, do you want his dead ?  ;D

August 10, 2012, 02:59:09 PM #6 Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 03:01:08 PM by Tenchi Ryu
Quote from: Gaston on August 10, 2012, 02:48:30 PMhat funny you seems consider Kiyone will never in love with Tenchi since apparently she is in love with him in the novel wrote by Hasegawa. Why if Kiyone was introduced in the OVA, she would be not in love with Tenchi ?
Most don't even FOLLOW the novels like that, and many don't even know that version of Kiyone even liked Tenchi. Which is funny cause when people have the Kiyone vs Noike debates on who was first, the Original Kiyone had more in common with Noike than Universe Kiyone.

Quote from: Gaston on August 10, 2012, 02:48:30 PM
I don't see where is the problem. Tomoki already deal with Chaos, do you want his dead ?  ;D
What killed it for me is that at the beginning, Mikako use to flirt/harass/lightly torture Tomoki. So of course I thought well she probably likes the guy. So finding out she is all for Sugata caught me off guard. If it was clarified from the beginning, cool. But it feels like they flirted with the idea, but then decided to not go on with it.

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on August 10, 2012, 02:41:17 PM
I like Ryoko the best.

As far as the Noike hate, its pretty much limited to the Western audience who started Tenchi 10-20 years ago. The Japanese have no beef with her, and people who pick up the series and marathon it have no issues with her. Just the ones who've idolized Ayeka and Ryoko for the past 2 decades to unhealthy proportions.

I think she has a better leash on things than Kiyone. Kiyone just doesn't put her foot down on Mihoshi like she should, especially a Mihoshi who is half as competent than OVA Mihoshi. No way in hell she should have let her career go down the shit hole when simply getting in Mihoshi's ass would have done the job. You see her messing up? Take her shit away and make her EARN her tv shows and food back, stop coddling her laziness then complaining when you have to bite the bullet.

And Yea, like Gaston said, her liking Tenchi instantly puts her in my favorable eye. I've always had the pet peeve of girls who don't like the MC in Harem shows. Like in Sora no Otoshimono, when Mikako start showing signs she was more interested in Sugata than Tomoki, I instantly start liking her less and less.

Nothing wrong with being a SUPPORTING character and not liking the guy, but when you are a MAIN character in a HAREM series and NOT part of the harem in liking the MC, its like, why are you here?

On top of that she is there as a Balance between all the girls

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on August 10, 2012, 03:22:53 PM
On top of that she is there as a Balance between all the girls
Which is why as a True Harem fan, I can't help but to like her. Her starting to bring order in the house is what started the movement of the girls realizing if they organized shit, they would ALL be able to get Tenchi instead of having to cut someone's head off to get him. She gets called a Mary Sue, but no way in hell you would have anybody else in that house putting the foot down like she did, excluding Sasami who's too young and Washu who was having a much better time enjoying the chaos. Peace in the house makes it a LOT easier for Tenchi to be able to get intimate, compared to having to keep his pants zipper on lock to prevent World War 3 in his backyard.

At least Noike does not dress like she just came from an 80s aerobics class.  ::) I'm half amazed Universe/Tokyo did not have Kiyone dragging all of the whole gang to a yoga class, simply for the fanservice and girls reactions, when all the extras start crawling over Tenchi's dick.

In TM! my favorites are Sasami/Tsunami and Misaki by far. In other continuities, Misao Amano and Pixy Misa are my favorites.

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on August 10, 2012, 02:59:09 PMWhat killed it for me is that at the beginning, Mikako use to flirt/harass/lightly torture Tomoki. So of course I thought well she probably likes the guy. So finding out she is all for Sugata caught me off guard. If it was clarified from the beginning, cool. But it feels like they flirted with the idea, but then decided to not go on with it.

I guess you're not a big fan of Chaia then either?
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.

As I said before, Tsunami and Washu are my favorites.  :)
⚆_⚆

I like Ryoko and Tokimi, but there really isn't a character I don't like. I like Noike, I like Kiyone, I like Achika and OVA Kiyone. *shrug*
Plenty of trees on Jurai, and plenty of big juicy melons.

August 13, 2012, 09:31:59 AM #14 Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 09:33:46 AM by Tenchi Ryu
Quote from: جبريل 無道 on August 11, 2012, 01:42:34 AM
Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on August 10, 2012, 02:59:09 PMWhat killed it for me is that at the beginning, Mikako use to flirt/harass/lightly torture Tomoki. So of course I thought well she probably likes the guy. So finding out she is all for Sugata caught me off guard. If it was clarified from the beginning, cool. But it feels like they flirted with the idea, but then decided to not go on with it.

I guess you're not a big fan of Chaia then either?
Absolutely. What makes her case even worst is that she was a bitch. I would have slapped the shit out her ass at least once, Kenshi was a strong man for keeping his composure. That and the extreme Dagmyer dick riding was annoying as hell. Could you possibly have this man's penis further down your throat? Jesus christ, then the final straw was she actually contemplated killing Kenshi just to get on Dagmyer's good side......really? I don't even care that she didn't do it, still showed her shady character to me. Zero had a legit excuse cause Clay had LEGIT control over her, and she even cried in pain at the thought of doing it. But Chiaia had went into it full knowing what she was planning to do, to someone who considered you a friend and thought you could trust them after the months you've gotten to know each other.