Is there a character you were meh about that you grew into liking?

Started by جبريل 無道, December 06, 2013, 07:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Mihoshi.  It's not that I disliked her, it's just that she was just kind of there and annoying when put with one of my favorites, Kiyone. 

But she's really sweet in the OAV, especially in ep7 with her Tenchi & Sasami moment.  Plus she has elf ears, no one ever mentions them but I like elf ears.
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

Same. In fact, although I'm always going on about not really having a favorite, Mihoshi would be the closest thing to having a favorite. She gets the virginity night, then the rest would have to roll a dice or something. Or make some kind of schedule.

Though, I still can't stand her personality in Universe and OVA 3.

Seiryo is a cool dude too. OVA 2 episode 13 made him look like a bitch and GXP...kinda did the same lol. But they did a decent job fleshing his character out and made him look like a overall good person at heart. He can be pretty smooth too with the ladies when he actually tries, and his theme song helps.

Chihaya....FUCK DAT BITCH. For all the Noike hate, she ain't shit compared to this trifling whore, was willing to kill Kenshi over some dick that doesn't even care about her, thirsty and desperate, very unappealing. And then didn't even warm up to him at the end of the series and still acted bitchy. Yea, the Tsundere thing ain't for me if they're like 90% Tsun and .5% Dere. Other 9.5% dumbass.

Mihoshi has ears?!  :fuck:
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

I didn't care about Seiryo in OVA 2 and GXP made me like him.

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on December 06, 2013, 09:56:51 PM
Yea, the Tsundere thing ain't for me if they're like 90% Tsun and .5% Dere. Other 9.5% dumbass.

.5% Dere ? You are too generous. I would said. .000000000005 %.

December 07, 2013, 06:44:06 AM #4 Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 08:57:56 AM by جبريل 無道
Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on December 06, 2013, 09:56:51 PMShe gets the virginity night, then the rest would have to roll a dice or something.

I like Washu for that, as long as it''s ep8 at-the-dock Washu and not ep7 laboratory Washu O.o

After that, I think Kami Tenchi can split himself up a la ep7 Ryoko for the rest of them so they don't fight so much (would the 2 Tenchis at ep20 count as such?).  Recombine at the next mealtime.

P.S.  I'm happy I could inspire some Tenchi talk here, if even just a little bit, whee!  :shygirl:
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

Nope. The feelings I've had for these characters from the beginning remain true to this day. Of the main family in TM!, Sasami/Tsunami is my favorite by far. Aeka and Washu are secondary favorites whom I like but don't love. I'm completely apathetic towards Mihoshi. And I hate Ryoko. And that's not even getting into the TM! cast outside the main family. That's the way I've always felt, and will likely always continue to feel.

Edit: Correction, I did end up finding Seiryo to be a much cooler character in GXP than how he was originally portrayed in OAV 2. Can't really think of anybody else, though.

Quote from: جبريل 無道 on December 07, 2013, 06:44:06 AM

P.S.  I'm happy I could inspire some Tenchi talk here, if even just a little bit, whee!  :shygirl:

I can talk about the dumb things in the French translations of the first manga if someone is interesting.

I like Ayeka a lot more now that I'm older.

On the flip side I don't like Kiyone anymore.

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on December 07, 2013, 07:56:55 PMOn the flip side I don't like Kiyone anymore.

Makibi or Mama?

Is there a character you were meh about that you grew into liking?

Sakuya. While I never liked Tokyo, because of how it slaughtered everyone's personalities, I did grow to like her. I don't believe I've ever really disliked any of the core characters, so there were no others that grew on me as the story unfolded.

Sakuya is what happens when you apply real life drastic measures to fantasy harem life. Dude has a harem and you want him? Take him away from the harem. Compliment him once in a while, make him feel like a cool guy. And you will see results.

Hell this wasn't rocket science, basic courting and social habitats for high schoolers IMO, not like Haruna's method of brain washing and stuff. Speaking of Haruna, though she had an extreme case of "he left me I need a rebound", at least Tenchi got some ass. Canon or not, TMIL 2 gets the one up on Kajishima til he animates the Noike session, cause animated > drawn every time lol.

Hell, I don't even care for Kiyone much, and I'd still probably smash. Screw Chihaya and I'd probably smash, but she ain't meeting moms or anything, don't deserve it. She gets the "you're only for sex" treatment.

I agree with Tenchi Ryu. Fuck Chiaia, I hate tsunderes in general and plus I like Noike WAY more Kiyone Makibi

Quote from: animecartoonfan on December 09, 2013, 04:17:54 PM
I agree with Tenchi Ryu. Fuck Chiaia, I hate tsunderes in general and plus I like Noike WAY more Kiyone Makibi

Not gonna lie way back in the day I was one of those people that didn't like the idea of Noike (Not because she replaced Kiyone mind you) but after watching OVA 3 I don't really mind her.

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on December 09, 2013, 05:48:21 PM

Not gonna lie way back in the day I was one of those people that didn't like the idea of Noike (Not because she replaced Kiyone mind you) but after watching OVA 3 I don't really mind her.

Unfortunately (or probably fortunately for that matter considering the state of the fanbase back then lol) I didn't even know Tenchi was still on going and at best thought it was just gonna be that old show I'd think about from my kid days when toonami came on.

So my freshman year at college which was bout 4 years ago is when I had a bunch of free time and decided to check out Tenchi again. That's when I realized there was more episodes in the form of OVA 3, and it was around the time Funimation just finished dubbing it. So I DL'd the dual audio batch from Exiled Destiny (didn't really know about the anime fansub groups at the time, was just megaupload downloading shit randomly and ended up with the whole 6 episodes). But I went and watched the whole thing from 1-3 compared to just watching 3, so it might have a reason why I was never hostile towards it.

Then I decided to see if there was a place to talk Tenchi and that's when I found the NNFT board, but mofos was wildin out over there and split up into the current 2 main cores just around the time I actually joined.

Crazy all this is like in a 4 year time span. Well I guess 5 now since we're approaching 2014.