Comiket PROBLEMS?

Started by Dr.Soviet, June 27, 2013, 03:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
http://0taku.livedoor.biz/archives/4484810.html

Fellow /a/non posted this:

"TFA says that a known anti-loli leaning activist has become the Big Dome (the convention building)'s president.

That's all. People speculate that she(?) might do something about Comiket. That's all."

Nothing has come of this as of yet.

I doubt whomever this person is can do much about this year's events. Summer Comiket is at the end of August, which would not give attending circles enough prep time to change their works or create other works. And to pull something off, like a ban on lolicon/shotacon, this late in the game would really really piss off the artists & attendees and completely cripple the event.

IF I remember correct, OVER 50% of all doujins at Comiket are Touhou based, most of which are lolicon/shotacon. Lose that and there's no way in hell future events will be held at Tokyo Big Sight. If that happens, this new president is sure to find their self unemployed, with one of the worst black marks on their professional career. Even Eatshithara was forced to backpedal after he pressed too hard on otaku culture and nearly cost Tokyo Prefecture a massive loss in revenue, when Tokyo International Anime Fair(?) threatened to move elsewhere.

Quote from: shades of blue on June 27, 2013, 06:43:40 AM
IF I remember correct, OVER 50% of all doujins at Comiket are Touhou based

Why the fuck do people like that shit so much? Someone explain to me.

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on June 27, 2013, 08:19:25 AM

I guess it's a community thing, using already awesome character designs to make fun and interesting stories in Gensokyo.

Also the games are fun.
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on June 27, 2013, 08:19:25 AM

I don't understand it either, I guess it's just part of Japan's obsession with everything moe.

I remember Auir telling me one time that since the actual game's plot is so fucking thin and surface level, its too easy for doujinka to just create super detailed stories and stuff. A number of the characters are pretty hot though.

June 27, 2013, 05:09:43 PM #6 Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 05:15:39 PM by Auir
I will be frank. I don't get it either...
It's an insanely hard game. More aimed at people who are really dexterous with their fingers and challenge accept everything.
The storyline was thinly worked on until recently with the official doujins and fanbooks.
The artwork is... Let's say it's not the best.

Are you really going to call that moe? >.> ^
QuoteIt really depends on how you look at his artwork, whether it's "regressing" or getting progressively more creative...
QuoteThe art is what makes it special. There are lots of generic looking stgs whose characters lack a certain something.
QuoteI admit not all of ZUN's art is the greatest, and it seems like in some parts he decides to slack off, but I'm not complaining.
QuoteI will be honest, I am one of those that think Zun's games would be much better if he picked one of his MANY talented fans to draw for him. Some of these faces just look disturbing or flat out weird.
It has great music though. There's an unbelievable amount of remixes of Touhou music on youtube.
Drawing, programming, composing is all done by one man. Probably why his drawings isn't... The best.

I don't know. I don't know. Touhou 6 on pc came out and it just became popular. The snowball started rolling. Mabye it's because it's extremely easy to write a doujin on it due to its openness for interpretation. Maybe fans got angry at his art and decided to make it better. Or people loving his music and decided to remix them and then remix it again. People see the fanbase, got caught up in it, and went along for the ride. You would not believe how many people ask, "Hey, where can I find this anime?"
http://www.youtube.com/v/E7lHJXPKoX0
^You're not going to learn anything from that but it's hilarious.

Edit:
Anyway, impossible. There's been numerous attempts at banning loli, none of them worked. The rate of the world getting more and more open with sexuality matches or is overtaking the rate of... Idk, anti-openess?
Denka! Kenshin-sama! Anata no kami no hogo o yokose!

Quote from: Auir on June 27, 2013, 05:09:43 PM
Are you really going to call that moe?

I was actually referring to the doujins it spews forth. But yeah, that fugly pixiv/diviart quality art is pretty moe. Huge eyes, awkward facial expressions, cute poses, frilly clothing; moe, moe, moe, moe. The basic elements are all there, you're just letting the shit tier artwork cloud your judgement.

As for the games itself, never played a damn one. I love CAVE's bullet hell shooters, but I've never been interested in playing a Touhou shmup or any other awkward looking game they've whipped up. Which is even more amusing, because I've got the perfect gamepad for it too; SLS Saturn controller. Oh, and an arcade stick.

Ahh, Cave's. Those are so fun...
Yeah, Touhou isn't something I would play for fun. It's something I would play for bragging rights. Clear it on Lunatic and there's no game on the planet you can't clear. Until Touhou 14.2....
Denka! Kenshin-sama! Anata no kami no hogo o yokose!