What video games are you currently playing?

Started by WarOmnimon, December 28, 2012, 03:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Full on Ultra Street Fighter 4 mode right now for me, and will be picking Street Fighter 3 Third Strike and Super Smash Bros Melee back up soon as well.  This is due to the fact that I will be entering the GUTS 3 tournaments for those three games on September 19, 20, and 21 at Foxwoods.  Won't be entering the Edition Select tournament for Ultra though.

It's almost surreal that my official first step into the FGC will be at a semi major.  From this moment on, you can dub Abel, Alex, and Mr Game & Watch as the WarOmni Wrecking Crew if you guys want - those will be the characters I'm maining in each game respectively.  I'll switch to Oni and Ryu in USF4 and SF3 respectively when necessary though.  ;)
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix. Trying to get ready for 2.5.

Shantae. Downloaded it from the eShop on my 3DS. It's amazingly high quality and fun, but hard as hell. Plus the soundtrack is second to none for the Game Boy Color. Listen to this gorgeousness.

https://www.youtube.com/v/bEp6GFqSgDY

Dynasty Warriors StrikeForce on 360. Definitely feels like a much needed change of pace compared to the usual DW formula.

https://www.youtube.com/v/p3zFBb-Y6mI

Slight update as to what tournaments I'll be entering at GUTS 3, as I have basically finalized which games I am entering.  USF4, SF3 Third Strike, Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3, and Super Smash Bros Melee.  Also hyped that they're going to have the Japanese version of Super Smash Bros 3DS there (Two copies and two Japanese 3DS systems).  Don't know if there's a tournament going on for it, but people will get to play it and whatnot before the release here in the US.  Hoping that the Duck Hunt squad is unlocked so I can get an early start on getting their moveset down and figure out my gameplan, and I'll be doing the same with Pac-Man, Little Mac, and Mega Man (Though for those three it will be much easier for me to figure out what to do as their movesets are known and in the open).

Current list of games I'm regularly playing (Aside from what I'm playing at GUTS - those are on my current playlist due to training) would consist of Aquapazza and Tomodachi Life.  Not much else on my plate right now... but when Smash 3DS comes out I'm gonna be on that regularly.  As I said, expect Pac-Man and the 1985 Trolling All-Star team (Duck Hunt) as my mains - Mac, Mega, and Dr Mario will be my subs.  Especially if Dr Mario is similar to how he is in Melee and has no FLUDD holding him back.  :haters:
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.

Was messing around with Guilty Gear X

The Proper way    :chord: :chord: :chord:

September 05, 2014, 03:24:06 PM #96 Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 08:17:35 AM by antvasima
Tales of Symphonia.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on September 05, 2014, 12:10:08 PM

*snip*

The Proper way    :chord: :chord: :chord:

*ity snip snip*

Agreed BEYOND completely TR!  If there's an official Dreamcast port for any arcade game, it's usually the best port.  And by usually, I mean 95% to maybe even 99% of the time.  Case in point - I would be playing the Dreamcast regularly at this point if I wasn't training for GUTS.

In short... this man gets it.  :goodman:

Been playing Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce more, and really loving it. A very nice change of pace compared to the usual some old formula of "fight deadpan AI and run shit over with a horse".

Fuck a horse, we get to fly in this game, do some super saiyan like transformations, and combo our ass off.

https://www.youtube.com/v/Cbmq08AeIIQ

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on September 05, 2014, 12:10:08 PM

Caved in and bought the Xbox Version of GGXXACRP cause while the dreamcast version is the purest, it doesn't have Order Sol and Robo KY. So at least I have all the characters now.

September 17, 2014, 07:38:58 PM #101 Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 07:43:26 PM by WarOmnimon
Training for the games I'm going to be playing at GUTS 3 as of late (Ultra Street Fighter 4, SF3 Third Strike, Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3, and Super Smash Bros Melee), as well as playing quite a bit of Tomodachi Life.

Speaking of which... have a group photo of my island's residents.  Aside from my look-alike Mii, the lineup mostly consists of video game characters... aside from Tenchi and the girls who you can see closer to the top.  In addition, some of the Miis are based on lesser known characters (Such as Tokotoko from Super Mario Land - that Moai with sunglasses just told you to deal with it).  :woop:

Double post apologies, but hey, TR did it so it should be no problem.  :)

Anyway, quick update.  Right now, my playlist is basically cut down to mostly Smash 3DS and Ultra Street Fighter 4.  I'll be going to one of GameUnderground's weekly tournaments next week (October 17) to participate in at least Ultra.  If they have a Smash 3DS tournament, I'll be entering that as well.  I'll be adding Dragon Age Origins to this playlist soon (Considering EA is giving it out for free on Origin, and I capitalized on that already!).

On another note, I downloaded the Japanese Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires demo from PSN and am messing around with that a bit.  I'll post some Tenchi characters for said demo real soon, which obviously will be transferable to the full game... just don't be surprised if certain characters are not part of the first batch, as finding a good hair style from DW7E for at least Ryoko is proving to be a pain in the neck... though I don't have all the DLC so that may be part of the problem.  Who knows, I may use Ryoko's alternate hair style (Up in a ponytail) as a temporary solution.  ;)

(And yeah, if you own DW7E, you can transfer your edits from that to DW8E's demo.  Comes in handy when you know that game for movesets and whatnot, especially when you have the means to change the US / PAL save for that game to one for the JP version.)

Hyrule warriors
Warlords of Draenor pre patch
Bayonetta 2 later this month
Pinball Arcade's Bram Stoker's Dracula table and the new Phantom of the Opera one.

Awesome playlist by the good doctor!  I would probably pick up Bayonetta 2 at release like most everyone else is going to, but alas my funds are semi limited at this point as I have quite the list of upcoming "locked in" purchases as is (Smash Wii U and Pokemon Omega Ruby on release day, along with a 5,000Y PSN card to buy and download the Japanese PS3 version of Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires, I will receive said card around mid-January 2015... that list only includes video game purchases by the way).  It's needless to say that I will be catching up on Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 2 as soon as the other purchases are dealt with.

As for me, I'm still pretty much focusing my efforts on USF4 (Omega Mode HYPE soon hopefully!) and Smash 3DS.  Added DoA5 Ultimate to my current playlist recently though, and right now it seems that Bayman and Nyotengu are going to be my mains.  I'll be starting Dragon Age Origins as soon as I get back from the weekly tournament at GameUnderground this Friday.