True Tenchi novels licensed by Seven Seas!

Started by Ryo-Okay, November 16, 2017, 04:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: antvasima on March 14, 2019, 12:54:47 PM
Okay. I thought that it would come out first the 19th.

That's its official release date. Books aren't supposed to be sold prior to the official date, but some places do it anyway.

Yeah, mine is supposed to arrive Monday. I have gotten some stuff early in the past from amazon but looks like they said no to this book being early

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on March 17, 2019, 12:49:11 AM
I should really get around to reading the Yosho novel.

Me too! I am so far behind

Anyone got their copy of Washu yet?
I'm still trying to pick up mine.

I picked mine up from the comic shop today.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Amazon recently shipped my copy.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

I'm halfway through Washu. I'm trying to take my time and not breeze through it, but I might give up and finish it the next time I pick it up.

I've read every translation of these books we've ever had in English, but somehow this time I gained a lot more sympathy for Yosho. In the past I always unfairly compared him to his dad, who has always been, in my mind, just the coolest. Here's to Yosho! He did what he could with what he had!

He and Ryoko were so damn melancholic heading into battle on Earth. Very dramatic. Love it.

Also ... there are so many typos in these books. Fap, rest assured you are not the only one whose translations have the odd gender-flipped pronoun mistakes. Regardless, I love them all! Every translation! Even the machine-translated ones! ENDLESS APPRECIATION!

Might I add, OWNING THESE BOOKS IN ENGLISH IS A DREAM COME TRUE!!!

Yes, the translated copies have put many fans on a solid groove  :eng101:

Quote from: Y_Anthony_Who on March 24, 2019, 05:35:34 PM

Also ... there are so many typos in these books.

Really? Ugh. Either I f'd something up or it got jacked up somewhere along the line. 😓

Got my copy of washu.... Less disapointed then expected but also still disappointed by all the poorly transated lines and botched translating. 4\10
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Don't take it badly ANB. You probably tried your best under time constraints.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

I gotta ask--what was the deal with the translation?

> Don't take it badly ANB. You probably tried your best under time constraints.

I did try my best. I haven't compared what I sent in with what was printed. I can't tell you how many times I read over this thing. But it makes me feel ill that I might have f'd up stuff.

Could I see some examples? I didn't really notice any and it seems fine  :blush:

it got some things i didnt expect it to get in... but the phrasing and interpretation of so many lines is just... awefull.. and yes it just glosses over and misses all the dou ble speak and i understand why. but it still renders whole conversations into unintellegable messes if you ask me... like washu and najas first conversation and mei and washus first talk and i never expected them to get her first talk with light house lady right but i see things that i know str8 up isnt interpreted right. i went through this bool dman near word for word at times i remember the original text and prose well. but just in general... the phrasing of everthing is just soooo baaaaaad in alot of parts... i need to do a full write up of it as i read through and compare  but thats alot harder then you think. honestly though i think astro nerds controbutions were perfect from what i can tell its not on your end.
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here