My personal project complete: Custom 360 controller

Started by Tenchi Ryu, November 01, 2013, 10:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
November 01, 2013, 10:17:55 PM Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 11:01:54 AM by Tenchi Ryu
So for a while, I've wanted a custom 360 controller, but if you look at those online prices, they'll cost you about 125-200 dollars, and to me that shit is ridiculous, especially since I don't even need any rapid fire mods or bullshit like that, I just wanted a custom color job. So I ordered all the parts and decided I'd put this sucker together myself. Had to wait about 3 weeks for everything to arrive (most of the wait was cause of the damn D-pad coming in from china).

So I took off the standard white controller shell that comes on a typical controller and replaced it with a green chrome shell back and front. For the bumpers I used a blue chrome bumper shell, I also used blue chrome on the bottom where the headphone slot is. Went on and threw on some blue thumbsticks to match the bumpers. And also used gold buttons to replace the standard ones.

Here you can see a better view of the bumpers, as well as the triggers with I used a clear red to match the D-pad. Also bought a battery pack on amazon.

Here on the right is the new Xbox controller that started coming out around last year with the transforming D-pad. As many know, the one thing that kept the 360 controller from being absolute perfection was the terribad dpad, so the transforming one really improves that aspect and makes the controller probably the best one to date. So when getting the pieces for the new controller, I knew I just had to get that and got a red chrome one. The bitch came all the way from China and took up most of the shipping time. The dpad was also the longest and most difficuly part, having to cut out and scrape a piece of the controller so the new pad can fit inside.

Other than that though, pretty pleased with my finished product, and only cost around 50 bucks including shipping, handling and a old controller I already had. Must better than spending 150 dollars for the exact same thing.

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on November 02, 2013, 07:02:30 AM
should have made it green and purple

Unit-01?
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

People ask me why my favorite colors are these 3, other than the green ranger. I really loved Shining Force when younger, and the main character wore these 3 colors.

Ever since starting this project, the entire Xbox 360 controller has been engrained to the back of my head, can get in and change shit in about 5 mins at most compared to having to watch youtube tutorial vids and shit.

Went and changed all my controllers by mixing pieces and stuff.

Chrome gold controller on sale for 35 bucks at best buy. Highly recommend it for the D Pad for those who might need a new controller

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-special-edition-wireless-controller-for-xbox-360-gold-chrome/2130026.p

Gamermodz now doing next gen controllers. Did a mock up of a Xbone controller I'd get eventually.