Vectored Tenchi pics by JDavis

Started by JDavis, February 10, 2014, 12:47:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'd brought these up in my intro thread, but I figured they'd likely be missed there, and I needed to find and reupload them in better places anyway. These were all done by hand, not simply running a filter on the existing image.

This first one was made in 2006. For complicated reasons (rotating monitor), I needed a wallpaper that was 1280x1280, and none existed. So I made one based on an image of the choushin. Unfortunately it was a small image, which I've since lost, but here's what it looked like enlarged and cropped to the size I needed. I know a better scan popped up on the net years later, but all I had to work with was a tiny one.

And here's the image I ended up with. A HUGE improvement over the original pic, although with the experience I've gained over the years I could do much better today. I kinda half-assed the stars, because there was no way I was doing that by hand. Random NASA image + filter.

The next couple ones are slightly more recent; 2009. At this time there was a site called animepaper which was host to a vast library of high quality anime scans and wallpaper... but [insert huge rant I deleted about a dead website's stupid policies that nobody cares about here]

First thing I worked on using their scans was this image of Ryoko from the Tenchi manga by Okuda Hitoshi.

And here's the finished image.

Finally, after that one I did one more vector at animepaper before I got tired of their crap, and this one was a bit more involved.

I decided to do a vector based on this scan of one of the chapter covers from the Tenchi manga... but in color.

This is the finished image. The colors came from some of the promotional images for OVA 3.

Haven't finished any other Tenchi images (though I did start a couple at one point). Too much work, too many videogames.

Quote from: JDavis on February 10, 2014, 12:47:18 AM
I'd brought these up in my intro thread, but I figured they'd likely be missed there, and I needed to find and reupload them in better places anyway. These were all done by hand, not simply running a filter on the existing image.

Nice work. Sure beats the piss out of my crappy vector edits. You should probably upload copies of them to minitokyo or zerochan. They probably won't get a lot of attention, mind you, but they'll have a nice stable home for others to see for a long time to come.