Another reason why AnimeNewsNetwork can f#%k themselves

Started by Tenchi Ryu, August 22, 2012, 01:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/aesthetica-of-a-rogue-hero

Seriously, this is why no one takes ANN's reviews seriously....

WTF are you reviewing a ecchi anime series clearly aimed at young adult males when you are a female who clearly has bias against ecchi? She spent like 75% of the damn rant complaining how she didn't like the main character, who for everyone else has been considered anime MC of the year. Compared to the same puss leads we always get who lack testicles, this guy actually has a backbone and don't take shit. An MC who's surrounded by girls and actually does what a normal guy would do and not act like a girl simply touching him will give him aids.

Just stick to the emo shit you like....don't review shows you clearly don't care for.

I didn't see anything strange or offensive within the review.

The premise of living in a fantasy and having to be retrained sounds relevant enough.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Not offensive but you can definitely feel the hostilities in it. They should have a second review or something, from a fan.
Denka! Kenshin-sama! Anata no kami no hogo o yokose!

Why the members cannot gives a review, like in myanimelist. That will be better if people who like and dislike the series can said their opinion.

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on August 22, 2012, 01:53:42 AM.
An MC who's surrounded by girls and actually does what a normal guy would do and not act like a girl simply touching him will give him aids.

Huh...LIke when he forces the pink hair girl having sex with him ?  :o

Or allegedly hangs from the ceiling naked to spy on her in the shower, or pees on her...   :P

Actually,  he doesn't pees on her. They pee because of him IRRC.

didn't know that "Professional Reviews" in the Anime world are just as bad as they are in the gaming world.

So, you guys want cheerleaders?  ???
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

August 22, 2012, 07:26:01 AM #8 Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 02:21:49 PM by antvasima
Agreed. She has to be able to mention when a main character comes across as a jerk.

Then again, ANN also gave a partially scathing review to the latest Kingdom Hearts, which is a series that I love.  And it apparently didn't understand the even to somebody as limited in this area as myself, very straightforward themes and allegories about positive imagination being threatened by vileness and corruption, and preparing children to hang onto their optimism in the harsher adulthood.

Quote from: Harls on August 22, 2012, 07:16:30 AM
So, you guys want cheerleaders?  ???
You ain't gotta be a cheerleader, but if I want someone giving me a review of this hamburger place, I don't want a vegetarian giving it to me lol.

August 22, 2012, 01:47:59 PM #10 Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 01:50:40 PM by shades of blue
Quote from: Dr.Soviet on August 22, 2012, 07:04:34 AM
didn't know that "Professional Reviews" in the Anime world are just as bad as they are in the gaming world.

That's because the same hacks hired to review video games moonlight for sites like ANN too.

Tenchi Ryu, are you sure everyone like the main character ? Because that seems many people dislikes him here.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1160319

And personally I am not found of what I see of him. I would like see a  lead guy who has no problem just touch a girl, but the way he acts make me dislikes him. I would have preferred someone like Kamina or Simon from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (in fact I think Simon should get many girls, but at least he has the best) or Cobra from Space Adventure Cobra.

Quote from: Gaston on August 22, 2012, 04:34:24 PM
Tenchi Ryu, are you sure everyone like the main character ? Because that seems many people dislikes him here.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1160319
Of course everyone there doesn't like him, they don't even like ecchi. The animenewsnetwork community is known to be pricks and elitist. Go look at the discussions on MAL.

What pissed me of wasn't that she doesn't like him, but is obvious she doesn't even like this genre of anime. So why are you even watching and reviewing it?

As far as Akatsuki, I like the jerk-ish qualities he can show. He's still a good guy, but can have a asshole side to him, and I like that when I've been seeing wuss leads for years now. In a show that is suppose to be about the ecchi, its retarded that you have a main character who acts like he doesn't want anything to do with it, let alone touching it. Yet reverse the script and have a girl who's a Tsundere bitch and hitting the MC all the time. No one says anything then, yet when the guys an asshole, double standards kick in.  ::)

TTGL wasn't a ecchi show though, so they really didn't have a need to be touching girls like that.

That funny you talk about tsundere who abuses guy because that also something I hate in manga/anime unlike what you seems thinking. In fact, I often see nice guy get crap by bitches while asshole guy get least (like, well, our best friends Chaia). I would see nice guy with nice girls well asshole get bitch tsundere. They can be miserable together, that will great to see.  ;D

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on August 22, 2012, 04:46:08 PM
What pissed me of wasn't that she doesn't like him, but is obvious she doesn't even like this genre of anime. So why are you even watching and reviewing it?
That's her job? Her side, from ANN's forum:

QuoteI was nervous about being the one to review it, but no one else wanted it, so...*shrug*

That said, I started watching it for the premise, which I thought was a good one - I love the idea of enough kids getting sent to alternate worlds that it merits its own syndrome - and I kept watching in hopes that it would go back to that. Really, it was the shower scene that completely turned me off. (To be honest, I didn't get what was going on in the pee scene immediately - damn spin-y censorship things!) I really appreciate that Akatsuki has more of a brain than the average lead in this kind of show...I just wish he was less of a predator. And that it looked better. That would be nice.

Sorry, just gonna' have to go ATD on you.  :-X
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."