Sega Dreamcast Thread

Started by Tenchi Ryu, September 09, 2012, 08:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 09, 2012, 08:30:30 PM Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 02:34:33 PM by Tenchi Ryu
13 years, and we still going strong. Still play the sucker, download new games every now and then, and just have overall fun experiences. And to top it off, got some PICS!!!!

Went to the game store today, and found these beauties. Classics that are still played today on different systems. Dreamcast started it all though....

Decided to show off the tech as well starting with Dreamcast #1, the MAIN console

Dreamcast #2 that's more for collector purposes, the SEGA SPORTS edition

The controllers including my VMU memory cards and Vibration Jump Packs

Can't call myself a true fighting game fan without it. My Dreamcast Agetec Arcade stick, so I can beat that ass with Ryu arcade style

My Dreamcast game collection. One of the reasons the Dreamcast is so popular is cause unlike other systems that need mod chips, Dreamcat can play burned games right out the box. And since Dreamcast is no longer an active system, all free games online are now legal to download. Also a few PSX games in there since Dremcast can play them with Bleemcast, which is basically a PSX emulator.

One of my favorite games of all times, Phantasy Star Online. This game is what started it all for MMORPGs on consoles, which at the time was a PC exclusive thing.

Got some gameplay too, popped in Sonic adventure 2. The nice thing about Dreamcast is that you can get a VGA adapter, which lets a dreamcast connect to a VGA cord (the cord you use to connect a PC to the screen) thus allowing it to connect to a PC screen or HDTV that supports a VGA outlet. What this does is instead of seeing the nasty interlaced image that was plagued with composite cables (The red white and yellow cables) you get a nice 480p output that is interlaced free, and looks smooth and crisp, especially on newer LEDs imo. Here is some dreamcast on my 60 inch sharp.

The Blur is just from the camera, not the actual game. Guess Sonic is really fast  :P

So with me upgrading my technology hardware recently, was also able to get a color printer. One of the first things I did was do what I've been wanting to do for the last 2 years, make legit looking cases for my burned DC games.

This is what I was working with before....

Yea, pretty ugly and generic looking. But now, I've re-created covers using various dvd/cd/video game case sites.

Must say, I'm pretty impressed with the results so far. And it definitely beats paying 30-50 dollars on ebay just for a good looking case to go with the game. I'm about half way finished with the project, my first row being complete, now just needing to finish the second row.

Was looking at one of my subscribed Youtube channels Adam Koralik who's a retro game enthusiast as well as a huge Dreamcast fan. He recently uploaded a video showing off his damn near complete and perfect dreamcast collection, completely shitting on the few 70 Dreamcast games I have....

http://www.youtube.com/v/X_M0-IBA3Jw

So disappointed in myself. Playing SF3 on the hardest difficulty was a breeze, now I get my ass kicked, especially on SF3 second Impact.

:neg: :neg: :neg:

And don't even get me started on Power Stone...

http://www.youtube.com/v/freEoN3uPlw
"Now that I'm in charge, Sega's back in the console war! We're gonna show these two bickering glorified Netflix VCRs how videogames are really done. [Knocks over XB1 & PS4] Whoops!"

>straps "portable" Sega CD to random dude
>dude screams 'oh god'
>topples over

comedic gold