Humble Bundle

Started by Unit 01, August 15, 2013, 04:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
There's a pretty good deal going on at Humble Bundle!

The games:
Dead Space - Steam + Origin
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - Steam + Origin
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition - Steam + Origin
Mirror's Edge - Steam + Origin
Dead Space 3 - Origin only
Medal of Honor - Steam + Origin

Note - You get both Steam and Origin keys for the Steam + Origin titles.

Pay more than average ($4.77 at the time of post):
Battlefield 3 - Origin only
The Sims 3 Starter Pack - Origin only

EA is donating their share to these charities - Human Rights Campaign, Watsi, San Francisco AIDS Foundation, American Cancer Society, and American Red Cross.

If you don't know how Humble Bundle works, you pay however much you want (over $1) and you can divvy up how much goes towards charity, the developers, and Humble Bundle themselves.  In this case, you can divide funds up between the above five charities.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Happy gaming!
Unit 01

Ok...pause. How does this work, do I say pay 5 bucks and get ALL those games?

August 15, 2013, 05:35:12 PM #2 Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 05:47:42 PM by Unit 01
Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on August 15, 2013, 05:09:44 PM
Ok...pause. How does this work, do I say pay 5 bucks and get ALL those games?

Yup, all on PC.  As long as you pay over $1 you get all of the games on the left.  If you pay more than the average ($4.77 right now), you get the two games on the right.  If you scroll down the page, there are sliders for you to adjust who gets how much of your money.  You don't have to create an account, but it makes it easier to keep track of purchases, IMO.  After you purchase, all the keys can be found on your Humble Bundle account.  They'll also email you the appropriate info.  The logos below the games indicate which ones come with which keys.  You can redeem them or pass some to your friends. :)

Edit:  Origin code redemption was hammered hard enough to knock the service down last night.  It's back up, but worth noting, just in case it happens again.

You are the fucking man Unit....

Not only you get all these games, but for the ones that have steam, you get 2 copies!!!

All this for only 4.77 is insane!!!!

Had me a very productive day  :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke:

It's too bad the Sims 3 one is Origin only. I have the game already for Steam. But I might have gone with the Humble Bundle if it had a Steam Code since, I don't have the DLCs in that particular starter pack. I mean it's pretty crazy to consider that if you include all the Sims 3 DLCs, we're talking $300 barring a sale (and this was after The Katy Parry one was taking out since, I'm sure their deal with her expired).

I guess in theory I could get it 'all over again' for Origin. I just have no intention of ever using Origin. Yes, it's simply EA's version of Steam. But while I think Steam is a good, if still evil program (detractors say it is DRM. Well, it is. But I can 'almost' say it's good DRM), from what I heard, EA took Steam... and made it wrong (liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike, add 'spyware' to it that eat up bandwidth. Something Steam doesn't do).

Still, I could donate even just $1 for the other games if I wanted. But, despite my 'collector' side and my 'screw EA' side here (since $1, not a dime will go to them.  :getin: ), I'm... I'm not really interested in the other games. Yeah, my collector's side could simply get it just to get it. But meh. No interest to doing just that.

It's funny that Humble Bundle has been getting more flack recently. Since they started off as a platform to support promote Indie games while also donating to charity. Not to mention Linux supporters love it since before, all the games that showed up there all supported Linux. Now the big companies like EA are showing up. And the big companies don't all support Linux. And let's just say long time fans of theirs aren't happy they made deal with the 'evil big publishers' instead of being exclusively indie. Despite the fact that, big or small, some part will still go to a good cause.

So I paid another dollar to get the pack again because my little brother wanted me to get a copy of Dead Space 3 so we can play together. So because of that, I have two extra versions of these games. PM me, and I will let you know the availability of the game. Going by a first come, first serve basis. Earliest message gets the Steam or Origin version of their choice. I'll regularly update the post too.

Origin Version

Steam or Origin Version

Steam or Origin Version

Origin Version

Steam or Origin Version

Gave my lil bro Darksiders 2 that came with the bundle, and he's enjoying the hell out of it. Must admit, wasn't expecting the game to be this good. Can't wait until steam rolls out the family share feature, gonna play it.

It's too bad Darksiders became a victim of THQ's meltdown. While I admit I haven't played the first game, or the second game beyond that really long demo, it's too bad Darksiders 3 appears unlikely at this point. The demo, being so long, was pretty good. And most people I talk to have called Darksiders 2 a good/great game.

I know someone picked up the rights to Darksiders. But, let's just say said company doesn't have the best record when it comes to games.

^^
I caved and bought Darkstalkers 1 since it was on sale for 3 dollars on steam last week. Since my brother keeps raving about DS 2 being so good, decided I'd give the franchise a try.

Anyway, its that time again, or almost that time to be exact since the sale hasn't started yet. But anyway, its time for a new HUMBLE BUNDLE: WB EDITION!!

http://www.youtube.com/v/T3odm79gCnE

And the best part for me, don't even need the 5 dollar version since I already have Batman Arkham City. I just need Asylum and that Lord of the Rings game.

HB launched their store section today, seems to be releasing individual purchases now...