My inactivity and site suggestions

Started by Dr.Soviet, December 05, 2016, 11:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi all I prolly haven't been as active in the last few months but now that OVA 4 is out and the US election is over I can refocus here!

Also do you guys want a real front page or do you think it would go unused?

This is the current front page.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Well, maybe we could use an image from the new OVA series instead?
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

A smaller front page so it doesn't look weird on phones pls.
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.

Quote from: Harls on December 07, 2016, 04:48:32 AM
This is the current front page.

ah, I just google "uselesstenchi" and first link bypasses it and sends me to the main page.  my bad.

December 26, 2016, 10:35:28 PM #6 Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 11:29:00 PM by Warmaster
Yeah I would just change the image to the new OVA's. So people instantly know the site's active. 

Quote from: Warmaster on December 26, 2016, 10:35:28 PM
Yeah I would just change the image to the new OVA's. So people instantly know the site's active.

I'll do that this weekend

Hey guys and gals. I wanted to recap some of the points Dr. Soviet mentioned through Discord about maybe expanding the front page to include more functions.

• Combine ALL the top-level / pinned threads into one "Weekly Updates" section on the front page.
  • Post other media to make the site more of a news / fandom hub.

My two cents: Shoutbox embed, with 'Are you 13&Up?' prompt for people not signed in / registered yet. Perhaps in a sidebar, like those livestream YT videos.

:parrot: This is where it gets a little crazy: Embed the general & anime categories into a wall post where users don't leave the front page, they just scroll down. Site navigation would have to be streamlined.

Hey again! Did you all survive round one of the lockdowns? If you're reading this, my hope is you retain some kind of roof over your collective heads.

Anyhow, I would rather 'necro' this top-level thread instead of posting about the very same in its own thread if that's all right with OP.

I like the splash page, that it sits dead center with crisp 1080p resolution like someone embedded a YT video about Geminar. However, part of me wonders why there is a severe lack of jiggle.

In all seriousness however, I want to bring the following idea to light:

1. Post an announcement regarding archived Tenchi content, not necessarily on the top splash page, but at least some visibility beyond the 'what we support' thread in Tenchi subcategory. Only because a lot of image aggregators are going 'premium' or otherwise letting links expire.
2. Develop a template for site redesign in conjunction with other social media hype surrounding the Tenchi 30th ( & BGC 35th?) and whatnot.
3. Catch up to the Tenchi Fandom site in not only aesthetics, but overall traffic numbers. If that requires raising monies, funding thermostat right out of a sick Tenchi's mouth with Fuku mopping up sweat from his forehead.*

*Fan art commissions from Tenchi aficionados over at DeviantArt or Pixiv sold separately.