Mihoshi's voice actress has died from breast cancer

Started by antvasima, May 19, 2016, 05:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 19, 2016, 05:03:34 AM Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 08:04:22 AM by antvasima
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20160519-00000328-oric-ent

I am very saddened about this. Mihoshi is my favourite Tenchi Muyo character. :(
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

And the world keeps getting shittier every day... :shepicide:

Rest in peace Mihoshi. :swave:
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

DARNIT CANCER!  We are losing too many good people to that accursed disease this year... that is one thing that needs to die in a fire.

RIP Yuko, we're gonna miss you.  *Plays Taps*  :swave:
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

GODDAMIT!!! *punches a wall*
Mihoshi's my favorite character after Kiyone.
Now who's gonna say ara-ara to Washu?

DAMMIT!!! she is also soras main voice actress in digimon as well now who is going to replace mihoshi and Sora? :neg: RIP Yuko we shall miss you greatly

God. another celebrity death from cancer?!

RIP Mihoshi.

Quote from: glacierlioness on May 19, 2016, 08:36:53 AM
DAMMIT!!! she is also soras main voice actress in digimon as well now who is going to replace mihoshi and Sora? :neg: RIP Yuko we shall miss you greatly
I know, right?

Anyway, let's face facts.  AIC could be in HUGE trouble because of this in regards to OVA 4, especially if they already started production work on episode 1.  If production has already started and Yuko Mizutani did any voice work, they are now going to have to find a new VA for Mihoshi at the last possible minute which could prove to be VERY difficult.  Replacing Ayeka's VA worked because they had time to do that beforehand (And because Haruhi Nanao is a good fit to replace Yumi Takada - Nanao surprised us with how well she played Ayeka in Ai, albeit that series as a whole was still bad), but if Mizutani already did voice work, then they don't have that option here.  And this could cause episode 1 to get delayed.  In most circumstances, this wouldn't be a bad thing...

...but then you realize that the previous iteration of the anime (The aformentioned Ai) was penned by Nabeshin without Kajishima around to keep him in check and as we all know, it actually turned out to be worse than Shin / Tokyo and even the Japanese fans pooped on it.  So yeah, this could spell trouble for AIC.  Trouble with a capital T-R-O-U-B-L-E.  Only way it wouldn't is if got a new VA for Mihoshi in time to start production on schedule.

This is likely why only Tenchi, Ryoko, and Ayeka's VAs have been confirmed to be returning thus far - that way, they show tell us that they were prepared for something like this to happen.  If not, they'll be in the same kind of boat as Nintendo right now - the NX got delayed from Holiday 2016 to March 2017 when they couldn't afford for it to happen.  And here, it would be OVA 4 getting delayed from Fall 2016 to who knows when in 2017 when AIC can't afford for it to happen.

Thoughts and prayers to Mizutani's family, friends, and fans (She has many other roles on her record aside from Mihoshi and Sora - Excellen in Super Robot Taisen is a big one) right now, and hopes that AIC was ready to land that Crush Counter on this situation.  Right now, the former is more important than the latter.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

This is terrible news....May she rest in peace.

I think you're overreacting a tad. Sure, it'll slow things down, but it's not a disaster.
It won't be the same, but they'll find talent easy enough.
At least it didn't happen mid-way.

Quote from: WarOmnimon on May 19, 2016, 11:07:14 AM
...but then you realize that the previous iteration of the anime (The aformentioned Ai) was penned by Nabeshin without Kajishima around to keep him in check and as we all know, it actually turned out to be worse than Shin / Tokyo and even the Japanese fans pooped on it.
I believe you're mixing up Ai with GXP. Nabeshin's name is nowhere on Ai's credits.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Jesus, that sucks. :( Goddammit, moratorium on celebrities dying this year, thanks.
Is that you who's standing next to me?
Or just a shadow, of a dream I lost?

As I posted in my blog, it is a sad day for us Tenchi fans. Not only did she portray Mihoshi so awesomely, but she also voiced Mihoshi's mother Mitoto in GXP. Yuko-san is now the second Tenchi seiyuu to pass away.  :-(

As far as OVA 4 is concerned, I don't think there will be any delays at all. They could always hire Hyo-sei (YOKOTE Kumiko), who was the voice of Mihoshi in Sasami: Mahou Shoujo Club.

This really is a damn shame. She did such a great job, cancer is a bitch.

My dad just recently had his bout with cancer (though it's been taken care of), and while I'm incredibly thankful for that.  I hate that cancer still is such a plague on today's society.  RIP Mihoshi. :swave: