Mihoshi's voice actress has died from breast cancer

Started by antvasima, May 19, 2016, 05:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on May 19, 2016, 08:09:41 PMAs far as OVA 4 is concerned, I don't think there will be any delays at all. They could always hire Hyo-sei (YOKOTE Kumiko), who was the voice of Mihoshi in Sasami: Mahou Shoujo Club.

Wasn't aware of that considering that I didn't watch Mahou Shoujo Club.  Crisis averted there.  Still reeling over this emotionally though much like everyone else is - as I noted, Yuko had a bunch of major roles aside from Mihoshi and Mitoto, the two most well known ones being the aforementioned Sora (Digimon Adventure and 02, she did not return for Tri as all eight human leads had their VAs replaced because they are older than even 02) and Excellen (Super Robot Wars, too many entries of the series to count).

Yeah, this one hit MANY anime fans hard.  Not just us Tenchi fans.  Said it once and I'll say it again.  Darnit cancer... :frogonk:
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Seeing all of the Japanese fans posting images of Mihoshi on Twitter lately was really sad as well.

Quote from: WarOmnimon on May 19, 2016, 11:07:14 AMAnyway, let's face facts.  AIC could be in HUGE trouble because of this in regards to OVA 4, especially if they already started production work on episode 1.  If production has already started and Yuko Mizutani did any voice work, they are now going to have to find a new VA for Mihoshi at the last possible minute which could prove to be VERY difficult.  Replacing Ayeka's VA worked because they had time to do that beforehand (And because Haruhi Nanao is a good fit to replace Yumi Takada - Nanao surprised us with how well she played Ayeka in Ai, albeit that series as a whole was still bad), but if Mizutani already did voice work, then they don't have that option here.  And this could cause episode 1 to get delayed.  In most circumstances, this wouldn't be a bad thing...

There's a reasonable chance that she told told AIC months back, so they had time to prepare.  Let's just hope for the best.  I never watched Magical Girls Club, so I have no idea how that Mihoshi sounds.

May her family know the joy she brought to others through her work.  Gomeifuku wo inorimasu, Yuko Mizutani.
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

It's always sad to see someone pass away from cancer. I think most people these days know somebody who's had it, or died from it.

Thoughts are with her family.

How old was she?

May 21, 2016, 11:53:25 PM #20 Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 06:43:03 AM by antvasima
Only 51.

Btw: I posted an almost copy of Jibril's blog message in the front page of the Tenchi Muyo wiki.

http://tenchi.wikia.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

DS told me about this shortly after I picked him up. Very sad to hear. It was a damper on an otherwise fairly decent weekend.
This is not a sig, it's a Sandwich.

Quote from: جبريل 無道 on May 21, 2016, 12:38:44 PMThere's a reasonable chance that she told told AIC months back, so they had time to prepare.  Let's just hope for the best.  I never watched Magical Girls Club, so I have no idea how that Mihoshi sounds.

She was fine. You knew it wasn't the same seiyuu, but she did fine. It is kinda like Aeka's new seiyuu -- she was fine in Ai Tenchi Muyo. The Japanese try to get new seiyuu who are close in vocal performance to the original seiyuu from many old series I've seen (Lupin III springs to mind).