Are you a fan of how MK connected other shows to Tenchi Muyo after OAV2?

Started by جبريل 無道, September 05, 2013, 07:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you a fan of how MK connected other shows to Tenchi Muyo after OAV2?

Yes.
9 (69.2%)
In the middle leaning to yes.
1 (7.7%)
Neutral.
1 (7.7%)
In the middle leaning to no.
0 (0%)
No.
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

I've always been a big fan of the "Meta Story", Gives kinda a bonus to the story.

I don't mind, as Dr.Soviet says, "Meta Story" in a way. Sort of like how CLAMP does it with their series. Or even Akamatsu's series and American examples like the DC and Marvelverse. I like the idea of how a 'separate' series could be interconnected and meet up other characters of a different series. Extra points when it's like an universe unique object, or magic with rules unique to the metaverse, all working the same.

Then again, I voted for in the middle leaning yes because, in a way, CLAMP also shows me to the 'dangers' of making all your works connected in some way. Since you have fairly dark series connected to a lighthearted one as well as a "WTF just happened" ones. And if they are connected just for the sake of saying "hey, we're in the save verse", can't say I'm a huge fan of that either.

But so far, I don't have any problems with the way Kajishima is handling it.

As long as it's done like MK's done it so far, I fucking love it.

When you do it like Marvel or DC does it, it's the worst thing ever. Confusing pointless bullshit.
"Wanna know what happened to Batman between this issue and last weeks issue? Well you better buy #468 of this other obcure bullshit comic and read it! Then read this and this and this to understand what the hell that bullshit was about!"

Fucking dumbass comic books...
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

I have no problem about it as long as the series are good and that the case so far.

Quote from: Tensami on September 06, 2013, 06:49:56 AM
When you do it like Marvel or DC does it, it's the worst thing ever. Confusing pointless bullshit.
"Wanna know what happened to Batman between this issue and last weeks issue? Well you better buy #468 of this other obcure bullshit comic and read it! Then read this and this and this to understand what the hell that bullshit was about!"

Fucking dumbass comic books...

Yeah and also the fact the characters have like 1000 personality 'Hey kids remember the villain who was both sympathetic and funny ? Now he is a evil rapist who eat babies for breaksfast but if you don't like it don't worry because you will reboot the continuity in the next 5 years anyway.''

That's actually similar to the CLAMPverse issue that, I completely overlooked when I made my previous post. And probably the main reason if, my mind probably didn't block it out when I made that reply.  :shepicide: For example, reading xxxHolic, suddently the Tusbasa characters show up. Okay, what's up with that? So I'm forced to read Tsubasa to know what's going on with that part, which, half way through the series, whole lot of bullshit and WTF just happened gets thrown in. And vice versa was true if, instead of starting off with xxxHolic, I started off with Tsubasa. WTF is with these xxxHolic characters doing here? And worse, one of the motivations for the main villian in Tsubasa, is directly connected to xxxHolic. And to find out what happened to said character, you would have to read xxxHolic.

They're not just connected, they're joined at the hip. And by doing that, it becomes a complete and total clusterfuck.

Absolutely, and only one more needed to complete the plot.

We learn that LHWs are actually Midichlorians from fallen Jedi warriors that aid the Goddesses in the 3rd dimension. We also learn that Jurai really got their power not from Tsunami, but Palpatine-sama who granted them all the secrets of the dark-side in return for complete removal of all male power figures, making them weak and linked to masochism by the female members.

Then we learn the shoking truth that Tenchi is not the higher dimensional being we were looking for, but it was in fact the almighty Jar-Jar-sama who watches over our lands and creating the Goddesses.

We learn his dumbassness was only a ruse that only the most gifted could see through and a test for the path of the true Chosen one. Tenchi's heart being kind and pure, he is chosen as the next Jedi Master of the Japan quarters and chooses Ryo-Ohki as his padawan and forever shunning his harem to no penis due to complete devotion of the force. They travel to the temple of Brooklyn to learn the secrets of the force....

"With great power comes great responsibility".

There Jedi Master Masaki learns that his true calling is to protect the people of the Milky Way galaxy. He thus abandons his humanity to become the hero of justice, known as spiderman-kun.

And thus the galaxy is saved and Jar Jar Binks left satisfied with his work.

And that wraps up episode 1 of OVA 4

On one side MK's multiverse connection to Muyo post OVA2 is surprisingly quite simple and easy to follow, on the other side each show connected to post OVA2 is quite formulated to be near same to each other, there are nice subtle hints that certain elements are part of the much larger picture but it doesn't add much depth.

I still think in regards to structure it is done well, but I am looking at this from the anime and not comics, there have been a few shows that shown a better scale of continuity the 'Timmverse' of batman the animated series, superman and upto justice league is perhaps the best example of structuring spinoffs and seemingly separate series into a well established connected series.