Shitkaku's Top 25 Harem Masters

Started by Tenchi Ryu, September 15, 2013, 11:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
    1. Kousaka Kyousuke (Ore no Imouto)

2. Yuuki Rito (To Love-Ru)

3. Kamijou Touma (A Certain Magical Index)

4. Issei Hyoudou (Highschool DxD)

5. Araragi Koyomi (Bakemonogatari)

6. Maehara Keiichi (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni)

7. Itsuka Shidou (Date A Live)

8. Kidou Eita (Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru)

9. Kirigaya Kazuto / Kirito (Sword Art Online)

10. Katsuragi Keima (The World God Only Knows)

11. Ayasaki Hayate (Hayate the Combat Butler!)

12. Hiraga Saito (The Familiar of Zero)

13. Hasegawa Subaru (Ro-Kyu-Bu!)

14. Himenojouji Akito (OniAi)

15. Aikawa Ayumu (Is this a Zombie?)

16. Kusanagi Godou (Campione!)

17. Sugisaki Ken (Seitokai no Ichizon)

18. Kodaka Hasegawa (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai)

19. Sagara Yoshiharu (The Ambition of Oda Nobuna)

20. Aono Tsukune (Rosario + Vampire)

21. Tomoki Sakurai (Sora no Otoshimono)

22. Saotome Ranma (Ranma 1/2)

23. Manaka Junpei (Ichigo 100%)

24. Touhouin Ikuto (Nagasarete Airantou)

25. Okazaki Tomoya (Clannad)

NSFW source: http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2013/09/16/top-25-harem-masters/

I would have been ok with Tenchi being dead last

:gust:

Wow except Ranma 1/2 all those show are from the 2000s. People just care about new shows ? I like the characters in number 1 and 2 but I would had put them in a lower position and put Tenchi on the top. I am glad Tsukune and Saito make the list thought.

BTW, that maybe off-topics but seeing the male lead from Ichigo 100% in this list make me remember this is the show with the two stupidest scenes I ever saw in an harem show. The girls's logic make TV MIhoshi looks like a genius.

Quote from: Gaston on September 16, 2013, 06:12:12 AM
Wow except Ranma 1/2 all those show are from the 2000s. People just care about new shows ?

Japanese are lemmings, breed to feed the machine and do so without question or thoughts of what came before. As a result, any title not currently being released is cast aside for 'the next thing'. Ranma & Urusei Yatsura only made the list because the blurays are currently being listed and a major name is behind them, Rumiko. Without her name behind them, they wouldn't have made mention. Infinite Shit & Negima both dropped bellow the top 25, thou both are highly successful titles and it's all because both are currently 'dead'. That's how fast these lemmings move onto 'the next thing'. Given the moods of the Japanese lemmings, I'm surprised Clannad even made the list. Guess we can chalk it up to the remastered blurays too. Lists like this are really just a marketing tool to drive said lemmings into buying dvd/bluray discs anyway.

September 16, 2013, 04:21:19 PM #4 Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 04:25:39 PM by SimmyC
There is that. Most people that took this poll probably didn't watch anything before 2000. Not to mention, a lot of these shows are probably the more, popular 'mainstream' ones. Which due to I feel is AiC's lack of marketing, even Isekai isn't included.  :doom:

BTW, supposing Shitaku didn't change the title to sensationalize the article, this is apparently the source (for once, Shitaku provided the link).

http://anime.biglobe.ne.jp/userranking/chara/43157/

Tenchi is apparently number 43.

[edit]And this is all supposing the number of voters is high. if it is just a few hundred or so, and all those are the n00bs that only watched the recent stuff, it would skew the numbers. Since I can't read moon (I was able to find Tenchi by copy and pasting the characters from the wiki to the find text bar), don't know how many people participated.

When Tenchi Muyo had came out,  it was considered to be a love comedy. It was the North American fans who had declared Tenchi Muyo as the first Harem series even through there was Ranma 1/2.  The Japanese seem to like the ideal of using Harem as a separate genre.  There have been a lot of harem series which came out since Tenchi Muyo: Ryo-Ohki had came out.  Only of a few of them are on the same level as Tenchi Muyo and Ranma 1/2. As usual, there have a few stinkers which dare to call themselves Harem series.

:ohboy:

We're basically Anime hipsters aren't we?

"So what anime do you watch Dr.Soviet?"

"Heh you've probably never heard of it"

A "news item" from Sankaku?

:ignore:
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."