OVA 5 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, August 30, 2017, 12:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Eff Efferson on July 07, 2020, 12:43:33 PM
Tenchi finally talks to ryoko alone episode

This is all I ever want. Who knows if this scene will even contain an ounce of heart but I'm hopeful!

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on July 07, 2020, 12:20:05 PM
BEACH EPISODE!!!!  :derp: :derp: :derp:

https://youtu.be/ZTGNuOwMcjQ

Quote from: Eff Efferson on July 07, 2020, 12:43:33 PM
Tenchi finally talks to ryoko alone episode

We're getting both in one go? OHHHHHHH SNAP- :getin:

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on July 03, 2020, 09:09:59 PM
All I want is an SoL anime about Tenchi and his harem raising their kids.

I'd love if we could get this after OVA 5 as well, actually. However, I'm not gonna directly hope for it given AIC's current financial status.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on July 03, 2020, 09:09:59 PM
All I want is an SoL anime about Tenchi and his harem raising their kids.

I'd love if we could get this after OVA 5 as well, actually. However, I'm not gonna directly hope for it given AIC's current financial status.
[/quote]

The Tenchi camp needs to set up a GoFundMe. There's enough fans who can make a show with a decent budget happen!

Quote from: Sushi on July 08, 2020, 08:36:34 PM
The Tenchi camp needs to set up a GoFundMe. There's enough fans who can make a show with a decent budget happen!
AIC has crowdfunded multiple things and not a single one has bore fruit. Nobody should give them money without knowing if they will follow through.

Isn't that a fully grown Sasami? I'm judging by the the dots on the face. They were a different shape in ep 2. The Samami peeping doujin was had the same shape as ep 2.

Quote from: Eff Efferson on June 26, 2020, 01:38:27 PM
Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on June 24, 2020, 07:09:50 PM
In OVA 4, it is indicated that Seina is married to all eight girls. But then OVA 5 muddies the water.

we have no concrete idea if he marries the girls at the end of the renza ark yet. but yes you are right it sure does.

(Back after a hard drive tragedy)

As far as I can recall from the novels the ones said to be Seina's wives in marriage are Kiriko, Amane, Ryoko B., Neige, and (cabbit by participation) Fuku. Miki, D, Kirche (a.k.a. the rest of the Dual! girls) are cabbits so at most all of them are also cabbits by participation during the first ceremony. Note that this ceremony never really finished as Seina was kidnapped by the Renza Court Ladies (Karen, Suiren, Gyokuren, Hakuren). As I don't have a text file copy of the last GXP Novel volume yet I can only go by the post-Renza-time-skip scene in the GXP anime where it was implicitly shown that apparently Seina married the Renza Court Ladies as well (making 8 wives in the first ceremony + 4 cabbits). This fits in well with the stuff shown on OVA 5.

As for other wives in line for Seina, it was explicitly implied via various characters' dialogues that Seina will be made to marry more and more "volunteers" women because it will allow the many political bodies in the galaxy to monitor his existence well.

The most obvious ones "waiting for the next few rounds of marriage ceremonies" based on their dialogues in the novel are: Tatsuki Ringo, Minaho, Kuramitsu Mikami, Tsukiko Masaki, Kuisu Panta, Kagami-Seto (via Kuisu Panta).

The ones implied who are going to be "made to marry" Seina (a.k.a. being officially "assigned" to deal with duties regarding him) are Minaho's Court Ladies: Mizune Masaki, Otoka Masaki, Fuuka Masaki. And Mikage (who is still a baby in Jurai) is also "reserved" to marry Seina in the future. As of OVA Dai Yon-ki Mikage and co. have stated they aren't allowed to publicly and officially meet Seina yet (although they are already in charge of his finance management in the galaxy) because it is still not publicly known in the Galactic Federation that Yosho and the Masaki Family of Earth are actually alive. They will be given permission to directly interact with Seina after Yosho's survival declaration and the inclusion of the Masaki Family of Earth to the Royal Houses' ranks.

Apart from them, the rest of the ladies implicated to sooner or later also get a piece of Seina are the Renza girls Sojyu, Kaguya, Airen, (Souren??? Daga otoko da.), Jovia, Maya (just wants the DNA), Makihi (Maya's mom so maybe after DNA ONLY as well), Acha (still a kid in the novels but she's a living sacrifice to Seina and JINV so she can't go home to her planet and stays with Seina), and really, just hints and bits and pieces blended in through the novels' dialogue so it's hard to really count the rest. JINV's humanoid terminal and the Philosopher's Stone's humanoid form might also be included there for all I know but that's going to at least be hinted by the last volume still not out. It has been confirmed by Yosho though that Airi does want a piece of Seina which is why she keeps on bothering him, and Yosho has stated that she will probably mellow out if Seina gives her what she wants. He apparently doesn't mind taking care of the resulting offspring back on Earth (that's some complicated husband wife understanding there).

Quote from: nugi on July 09, 2020, 01:47:58 AM
Isn't that a fully grown Sasami? I'm judging by the the dots on the face. They were a different shape in ep 2. The Samami peeping doujin was had the same shape as ep 2.
Not quite. This is Jailbait Sasami, late teens, probably still in school.
Full Grown Sasami is physically identical to Tsunami.
The easiest way to tell is not by Sasami, but by Kenshi and Ryo-Ohki. He's at the same point as in the last panel here, still a few years from going to Geminar, and episode 3 isn't long after 2, so we can assume Ryo-Ohki is full grown in both.

Kenshi is five years old in episode two. Rea had stated that Kenshi will be of school age.  The year for episode 2 is likely 2002. For the year of the birth Tenchi's and Ryoko's first daughter will be set in a later episode. Ideal name for Ryoko's and Tenchi's first daughter is Kiyone. The name Kiyone honors Tenchi's mother.

:china: :ohboy: :really: :huhm: :huhm:

:son: Put that Kiyone babyname in the oven already!

Quote from: Sushi on July 08, 2020, 08:36:34 PM
About that...
Quote from: Ryo-Okay on July 08, 2020, 10:45:45 PM
AIC has crowdfunded multiple things and not a single one has bore fruit. Nobody should give them money without knowing if they will follow through.
^ ...this is why I said what I said. Crowdfunding wouldn't work because AIC has clearly shown that even when they call for said crowdfunding, they're not willing to follow through. They called for crowdfunding for three things... and nothing came out of any of it.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Fk me that sucks. So a bunch of fans basically threw away their money? Sighh. I do wonder if it'd be a different story if it were specifically for Tenchi. I mean....they're making these OVa's with a teeny budget now, I imagine they wouldn't stop if more money were handed their way.

Well, episode 1 had JP Blu-Ray sales in the range of USD $87K according to another forum member months ago. That is enough to secure 5 key animators and do some promotionals. Episode 2 did show an improvement in both art direction but there were still missteps. I'm with Astro and a few others, they should have started another anime Geminar style with perhaps the True Tenchi novels as source material.

"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Thank you for the cover image.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Distributed through the official account of the 5th line messenger