S. Naoe emails (Not us)

Started by Auir, February 26, 2013, 02:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Name: S.Naoe
Date: 2001 01/25 23:13
As I am a Japanese so following English may not be good.

1.Sasami got a certain kind of phisical disorder at Taro's home. Taro had nothing to do with it.

2.Due to the above, Sasami felt embarrased to talk with Tenchi or didn't want to show him herself.

3..Both also due to the disorder. It made her anguish worse which was revealed in ep 8.

I hope the res helpful for you.

No.906 Res to your question
Date: 2001 01/26 21:00

Sorry for being late to answer because I've been out for my job.

I got that information from some dojinshis which contain interviews of Mr.Kajishima and Mr.Yatsugaya, the director of 2nd OAV.  We can also watch a visual hint, the package brought by Tenchi's aunt for Masaki family in beginning of ep8.  It must be a ju-bako (traditional food box) of o-sekihan (red rice, rice colored red by steaming with red bean, usually served in celebration of some happy occasion.),and it's for Sasami, not for Taro's birth.
The conversation between Tenchi and his aunt:

"It's for Taro's birth, right?"
"Well, something like that."

is a typical pattern of talking by women and dull men in this case. That is why Aeka giggled hearing that.

The creators (Mr.K and Mr.Y) made it ambiguous intentionally because they thought it's not proper to show such a matter directly.

So it's not due to translation that you couldn't get it.
I think most Japanese, including me, cannot understand what happened exactly without explanation.

The above may be the answer for question "disorder what type?" as well.

(THERE IS ANOTHER HINT IN EPISODE 8, WHEN WASHU POINTS OUT THE MILFOIL PLANT TO SASAMI, STATING IT WAS USED FOR MEDICINAL PURPOSES, BUT SHE DIDN'T KNOW FOR WHAT.
IT IS ALSO KNOWN AS 'YARROW', AND WAS USED FOR THE RELIEF OF DISCOMFORT ASSCOCIATED WITH MENSTRUATION.)

Re[2]:Episode 13
Date: 2001 01/31 23:03

1. He is one of spies sent from Jurai to GP. GP is not related to nor under control of Jurai.

2. It's Funaho (Yoshou's Royal Tree) that makes Yosho keep young and gives ability to pretend to be old, not Tsunami.  Yosho attempted to conceal the fact that his tree still keeps its power being charged by energy from Ryoko's gem, but failed as his mother already knew by getting information from Mihoshi's report.

No.1477 Re[3]:tenchi manga
Date: 2001 02/06 23:17

Yes, Shin Tenchi comic is continuity of old series, by same characters and same background, just moving to new magazine.

Sorry I have no information of more True Tenchi novels now.
Being issued, it would contain stories of Mihoshi's family and her GP colleague (not Kiyone in TV and Movies), secret of her pony tail, and Tenchi's parents (how they married).  But now Mr. K is starting 3rd OVA and spinn-off GP series, some of the stories may be shown in the series.

No.1478 Re:episode 9-sasami
Date: 2001 02/06 23:45

It's simply because the woman's name is "Mama" why Sasami called her so.
In true Tenchi novel, Seto(Misaki's mother) also calls her "Mama" and her name is written in kanji characters, not in katakana(phonetic) characters as mummy usually written in Japanese.
It's also explained in Tatsumingo's homepage:

No.1662 Re:can ayeka use the light hawk wings?
Date: 2001 02/08 22:19

She can use Ryo-oh's LHWs as Yosho can use Funaho's in EP-5.
All 1st and 2nd generation royal trees can generate 3 LHWs by themselves, and their royal partners (for example Funaho's Yosho, Kirito's Azusa, Mizuho's Funaho or Karin's Misaki etc) can lend LHWs from them through their keys.

No.1790 To Walid
Date: 2001 02/09 22:29

<So what makes Tenchi special is that he doesn't need a tree or ship to generate LHWs, right? >

That's correct. And what more special is that Tenchi can convert LHWs into materials.
Any royal trees (maybe except Tsunami) cannot do it.

<which trees are 1st generation, and which are 2nd? >

Let me show you list of royal trees:

gen              tree                partner                          key

1               Kirito       Masaki Azusa       his left eye
1     Funaho      Masaki Yosho       Tenchiken
2     Mikagami   Kamiki Seto       unknown
2     Mizuho        Masaki Funaho    unknown
2     Karin        Masaki Misaki       her hair ornament
2     Ryu-oh        Masaki Aeka       her tiara on her forehead
2     unknown   Tatsuki Kotono    unknown
2     unknown   Amaki Shuzan'son    unknown

All other members of royal family have 3rd gen royal trees.

UPON TSUNAMI AND A BRIEF HISTORY OF JURAI

No.1994 Re:Tsunami and sasami
Date: 2001 02/12 23:04

Several hundreds of thousand years ago, Tsunami met a boy who would become the first king of Jurai. He had an ability to talk with animals, birds, and trees, and made friends with Tsunami. Tsunami felt some possibility that what she looked for would come out as his descendant and gave him her child tree (1st generation royal tree). She has given protection to Jurai for long time.

No.1992 Re[2]:Question for S.Naoe
Date: 2001 02/12 22:48

In the early days of Jurai, a lot of parties explored to find new frontiers in Galaxy.
Masaki took part in one of the parties to escape from restraint of her parents and brother.
She found Earth and was pleased to live on the planet. She also applied to register the Earth as a colony of Jurai.
She copied her memory and astoral body in her royal tree and now still watching the earth on the moon.
Azusa met her when he came to the Earth.
And 800 years hence, Tenchi's son will be a companion to talk with her long chat for his whole life.
You can watch her picture drawn by Mr.K in the following home page.

(THE OLD LINK IS GONE, BUT YOU CAN FIND IT ON MY SITE UNDER THE SHIN TENCHI NOVEL "JURAI".)

In this page, the picture is explained as "trees of Jurai" but actually it is a portrait of Juraians.
From right, Kasumi, first wife of Yosho on the Earth, young Misaki, young Funaho, young Azusa and Masaki.
Denka! Kenshin-sama! Anata no kami no hogo o yokose!

No.2056 Re[4]:Question for S.Naoe
Date: 2001 02/13 23:28

Masaki is name of the younger sister of the first King of Jurai. Her name is written by different kanji characters from family name of Tenchi.
Kasumi is a niece of Funaho, a daughter of her younger sister. She met Yosho and nursed him as he was injured in the battle with Ryoko. She's not Tenchi's grandmother but rumored that she's an ancestor of Nobuyuki and Taro.
The picture was drawn by Mr.K for cover of a dojinshi.
I made a mistake. The little girl who hold a comb is Funaho's younger sister and Kasumi's mother, not Kasumi.
The comb was made by Azusa of rosin and branch of Kirito.
He presented a pair of combs to Funaho. When she was leaving the Earth, she gave one of the pair to her younger sister as a keepsake.

The above stories are described in True Tenchi Novels vol 1 and 2.

No.2065 Re[6]:Question for S.Naoe
Date: 2001 02/13 23:58

The little girl (Funaho's younger sister) did'nt have a tree at all. Note the explanation of the home page that the picture is "trees of Jurai" is not correct.  Masaki just spent her whole life on the earth and she is an ancestor of Funaho. No more is explained in the novels other than I wrote before.

No.2161 Re[13]:Question for S.Naoe
Date: 2001 02/15 22:06

I know the chart.  I'm just saying about Azusa and Funaho, not others. Keep the point at issue.
Speaking others, only the marriage of Yosho and Kasumi might be called incest because they are cousin.
As Kasumi lived 600~700years ago, Nobuyuki and Kiyone are related distantly if the rumor is correct. It could be happen around you.
Miyuki is a stepdaughter of Mikamo and has no blood connection with Mikumo.
Anything else?  It seems for me that "incest" is overstatement.

P.S. I wonder why you thought Funaho was Azusa's niece with knowing the chart.

No.2162 Re[2]:Naja
Date: 2001 02/15 22:40

When 1st OVA series was released, Mr. K had already created most of whole storylines including huge volume of background stories. He regarded 1st OVA as just introduction of main characters and main story would be shown in following series. That's why Ep-7 was titled "The night before the festival".
But after 2nd OVA series, he cannot promise to make following series for a while. So he issued the novels to introduce the backgrounds and explain a lot of questions in OVA. They are not created for the novels originally.

In the novel Naja's personality is described very similar to Misaki, and any character in OVA cannot seem to be natural answer for me. What oni_shin says about Naja and Seto also supports my thought.

No.2116 Re:washu
Date: 2001 02/15 01:10
I think Washu means Akara Naja, her best friend in her days of Galaxy Academy.

No.2746 Re:Ask Not What Your Country...
Date: 2001 02/26 23:06
If you want to get the original novels, I think it is an easy way to contact to some oversea branches or subsidiaries of Japanese book stores.
Pls check the following home pages.

http://www.alc.co.jp/nihongoji/nj/njshoten.html
http://www.ocs.co.jp/sub/addover.html

I also show you id information of the novels:

publisher:
Fujimi Shobou (?????)
Auther:
Kuroda Yousuke(????), Kajishima Masaki(????)
ISBN:
Vol1 "Jurai"; 4-8291-2763-5
Vol2 "Yosho"; 4-8291-2804-6
Vol3 "Washu"; 4-8291-2889-5

No.2887 Re[2]:My work is never done...
Date: 2001 02/28 23:27
I think LHW is more correct than "Light Eagle Wing" for translation of Koh-Oh-Yoku(???)in Japanese.
Washu's name was came from Mt. Washu in Okayama prefecture, and there seems to be little connection with LHW.

Tsunami(???)'s name is written in defferent Kanji from tidal wave(??), but maybe no special meaning in the defference.

No.3019 Re:Tenchi OVA / TV Question(s)
Date: 2001 03/04 22:17
In original Japanese, Tenchi calls the old lady "Oka-chan"(mommy), not "Oba-chan"(grandma), in EP-5.
Tenchi's grandma has never appeared or mentioned in OVA.

No.2985 Re:oni-shin and S.Naoe where are you!?
Date: 2001 03/02 23:35

I checked the novels but couldn't find the other reason for Ryoko's attack against Jurai.
As for the Kagato's purpose, according to "Tenchi Muyo 101 Secrets", "Rule the Universe" is just a mean or a step for Kagato. "His" (and Washu's) ultamate purpose is to elucidate all mysteries of not only the universe but every dimention and constitute an integrated theory to explain the whole creation.
As their investigation was restricted by some political reason frequently, Kagato decided to conquest the whole universe in order to be freed from any kind of restriction.
The reason why I wrote "He" is, according to the novel vol2, Kagato was Akara Naja's clone originally.

No.2822 To Avatar
Date: 2001 02/27 22:08
After all, I think your points upon the novels are as follows;

1. They cannot be considered as OVA cannon unless they are in animated form.
2. You hate the stuff of them and don't want to see them in the bbs.

1. It's just your (and Walid's) opinion and seems strange for me.
Both OVA and the novels were created by Mr.K and released in general public via defferent media.
One more defferent is the novels are not translated in English publicly.
Why the above can be enough reasons for the novels being rejected?
Mr.K issued the novels in order to introduce huge volume of backgrounds and to explain a lot of unexplained questions in OVA (for example, meaning of Yosho's "have you already finished renovating the great hall?" and Funaho's reaction, Azusa's last comment in Ep-13, etc) as I wrote before.
Because he didn't have either budget or time to make them in animation, he chose novel as a medium being far easier than animation.
So most Japanese fans regard the novels as parts of OVA. Okuda Hitoshi has introduced some contents of the novels in his Manga seireis (True Aeka in vol 10, Seto appeared in a recent episode).
Anyway, you cannot force your opinion to others.

2. It's not a matter how you like it but what the fact is. I just showed you what I believe the fact.
A lot of people criticize censorship in CN in this bbs but someone may think CN is right and original OVA is terrible for children. Your opinion seems the same thing for me.
You lined up many reasons why you hate the novels, same thing can be done by CN for original OVA.
Note all Japanese fans are NOT willing to accept the relations in the novels or Yosho and Aeka matter in OVA.
I agree some of them are not necessary and should be got rid of. The novels contain some defects.
But I believe the uniqueness and excellence of OVA came from the creator's honesty for his own interest as many masterpieces so in any fields.
Mr.K should creat 3rd OVA according to his own interest. No need for censorship.

Again, you should respect defferent opinions from yours. No need for offending others or sarcasm.

No.2989 Re:Nobiyuki and Kiyone
Date: 2001 03/03 00:47
Mr.K says there are some stories how Nomuyuki and Kiyone met and married, why Kiyone died early but they haven't been disclosed yet as far as I know.
I doubt the marriage was prearranged by Yosho personally.

No.2890 Re:more tenchi name stuff.
Date: 2001 02/28 23:39
You are right. Most of them are in Okayama prefecture where Masaki residence is located in all Tenchi series.
I traveled to Okayama 4 times in this 2years (I live in Tokyo) and visited some of them, Ryoko's cave, a model of Masaki shrine, Mt. Washu, Sami beach, Bisei(Mihoshi) town, Kiyone village, Mt.Yosho, Funaho shrine and so on.

No.2937 Re[3]:more tenchi name stuff.
Date: 2001 03/01 23:43
Yes, the lake really exists at the foot of the shrine(called Taro shrine) but much smaller than in OVA. It's called Kirito ike(pond).
The landscape around the shrine(also smaller) and the pond looks pretty similar to in OVA.
Ryoko's cave is similar enough to amaze every Tenchi fan.
Great Seto bridge also exists and has not been destroyed yet fortunately.

Numbers of Tenchi fans (I don't know the exact figure) thronged to the places and a small cabin in front of Ryoko's cave was full of souvenirs (Tenchi goods, Bottle of sake, guest books etc) left by them in Tenchi's best days (around 1996~7).
But the number is decreasing, I could see a few parties when I was there. All souvenirs were removed by authority of Soja city where the cave is located 1 years ago.
Now only some guest books are left in Taro shrine....

No.3064 Re[7]:more tenchi name stuff.
Date: 2001 03/05 22:35
Yes, it may sound odd or even silly. I think they did half in joke, and they enjoyed to make themselves believe that Ryoko was really there because the cave was too unusual for them.
As for me, at least I enjoyed trying to feel her spirit when I was there.

No.3099 Re:Ep. 10 question
Date: 2001 03/06 23:29
It's "Shigaraki-yaki no Tanuki", a raccoon dog of Shigaraki pottery, believed calling good luck.
I don't think any significance for the story, maybe just joking.
Shigaraki is the name of a town in Shiga prefecture and famous for traditional pottery.

No.3520 Re:Albert Einstien said it
Date: 2001 03/16 22:54
Let me correct a point.
Tokimi is the youngest among the three goddesses.
She calls the other two "Nee-sama"(older sister) in Here comes Jurai 2.
Tsunami's 2 round crests on her forehead means she is the second.

No.3570 Re[4]:Albert Einstien said it
Date: 2001 03/18 12:06
You know, the girls call Tenchi in diferent ways in Japanese.

Ryoko: Tenchi
Aeka: Tenchi sama
Sasami: Tenchi ni-chan
Mihoshi: Tenchi san
Washu: Tenchi dono

I wonder how Tokimi will call Tenchi.

No.3476 Re:Yosho
Date: 2001 03/15 21:24
"Tenchi can't be copied, splendid plan!" ?
Oh, even Mr.K cannot expain the meaning because Kagato doesn't say that in Japanese version.
He says "This(damage) can't be regenerated" in Japanese.

No.3815 Re: S. Naoe, Mihoshi a genius????
Date: 2001 03/24 10:49
Yes, she ie extremly lucky but not just lucky in my opinion.
She is very slow but she has extremly good memory, she is very good at household works, she has good common sense, and she has gold in her heart.

No.3855 Re[3]:Mr.Okuda and Ayeka
Date: 2001 03/25 23:57
True Tenchi novels are Mr.K's work. The real title is 'Shin(true) Tenchi Muyo Ryoh-ohki' vol1 'Jurai', vol2 'Yosho' and vol3 'Washu'.
Mr.K created the plots and Mr.Kuroda Yosuke (the script writer of Tenchi OVA2, Photon and Dual) arranged as novels.
The novel vol2 was issued in March 1998, Mr. Okuda's graphic novel vol10 was issued May 1999 in Japan.
In the novel, Washu has Aeka's hair changed back in her original color and only Sasami sees that.

No.3757 Re:Mr.Okuda and Ayeka
Date: 2001 03/23 00:36
Aeka's true hair story is described in True Tenchi novel vol2.
Mr.Okuda introduced the stuff to his manga story.
Acording to the novel, Aeka changed her hair by her own will, not due to Yosho's suggestion.
He was rather surprised or embarassed at her action.
Aeka herself has worshiped Funaho as an ideal woman. Though her original personality is very similar to Misaki, she does'nt like to be told that. Aeka has been trying to be a woman like Funaho not only in her appearance but in her personality and behavior.

No.3975 Re:Question for S.Naoe Once Again...
Date: 2001 03/28 23:05
I think you understand the stuff correctly.
In the end of the novel vol2, Yosho decided to make contact with Hirata Kanemitsu, his friend in his Galaxy Academy, in order to ask his help to send his children/grand children to the Academy. He could do it with help of his royal tree Funaho.
At that time he saw Airi again and it had been about 200 years since he saw her last. In addition, he found he had a daughter with her for the first time.

No.4094 Re[5]:Jurains, species or race?
Date: 2001 04/01 19:42
Mr.K tends to introduce only human type characters. I heard a female Wau will appear in GPX. I think other non-humans will be just in background.
As for the Spock look like, all I can say is it's just a parody.
Seniwa is very cold planet and covered with snow for more than half the year so their skin color is not due to the sun burning. I have seen pictures of Mikamo (Washu's ex-husband), Koyori (Mikamo's second wife), Mikumo and Miyuki. Mikamo and Koyori have the deep tan colored skin like Mihoshi but Mikumo and Miyuki have light colored skin as you can see by the picture I linked before.
I haven't seen any picture of Mihoshi's mother yet.

No.3756 Re:GXP timeline?
Date: 2001 03/23 00:20
I have never heard about GPX novel. I checked web page of Fujimi Shobou(the publisher of True Tenchi novels) but nothing there.
As Mr.K's last interview hasn't been on AIC Japanese page yet, I cannot get what he means exactly. (You know, even Mr.H's interview hasn't been on Japanese page. I WONDER WHY! You overseas fans enjoy more information from AIC than Japanese fan do now!)
As for 'one year after Ryo-ohki', Ep-1 of Tenchi OVA took place at the end of August in Tenchi's first year of high school, Ep-13 is at the end of April in the next year, and GPX OVA story will start in early summer 1 year after the Ep-13 when Tenchi is 18 years old at that time according to Mr.K's comment in his latest dojinshi.

?Related message

No.3813 Re[3]:GXP timeline?
Date: 2001 03/24 10:17
You can mention any of my comment in the BBS. I don't mind at all.
Let me show you more details of OVA timeline according to Mr.K's comment.

Ep-1:
Tenchi breaks the seal of Ryoko's cave in the end of August.
Ryoko 'plays' with Tenchi and destroys his high school in the beginning of September.
Ep-2:
Aeka appears in the same night, and destroyed Great Seto Bridge in the next morning.
Ep-3:1 week after Ep-2
Ep-4:end of December
Ep-5,6:February
Ep-7:March
Ep-8~12:not mentioned, maybe Ep-9 is in the beginning of April as cherry blossom blooming.
Ep-13:end of April or beginning of May (so called 'Golden Week' in Japan)

Some of above may contradict with some stuff in OVA.
For example, Ryoko says to Aeka 'You have been just 2 months since you met Tenchi' in Ep-5.

No.3852 Re[5]:GXP timeline?
Date: 2001 03/25 23:45
I think "Ally Maguma" novel is True Tenchi Novel vol2. She appears in the novel as Airi Maguma.
Form the novel, Airi, her daughter Minaho, Seto, and Hirata Kanemitus will appear in GPX.
Mihoshi's mother, I know her name... I hesitate to show it here because it isn't official.... OK her name is Mitoto. BBS manager will delete the post if it's not proper.
Tenchi family will appear but only short.
It's also unofficial....Seiryo will apear in GPX.
I think Seto (in the novel, not Sedo) will look young.

No.3931 Re[7]:GXP timeline?
Date: 2001 03/28 00:05
The healing properties have been spreaded generally not only in Jurai but in the Galaxy.
People can live for several thousand years.
Members of Jurai royal family can live about ten times longer than common people do thanks to their royal trees. They have also some secret technology to reinforce their physical power and endurance.
Note those have nothing to do with races. As you know Funaho is an eathling, Seto is NOT a juraian originally as well.
As those properties and technologies have been developed gradually, their lives have been getting longer. In another word, they could live much shorter in their early days.
Sorry I'm not sure if Mihoshi's mother is part of the Jurain human race or how the two women will be connected to Seina.
(The two means Mihoshi's mother and who? You mean Airi? Anyway I'm not sure.)

Mihoshi's mother is a member of galaxy police (maybe an officer). According to a short story written by Mr. Kuroda for Gakken Mook of Tenchi OVA, She belongs to sanitation division.

No.3974 Re:Jurains, species or race?
Date: 2001 03/28 22:42
Sanitation may not be a proper translation. The division is in charge of cleaning and collecting garbage, she is mainly promoting to separate garbage for recycling.

Most of technologies for life extention except regarding royal trees have been developed by Galaxy Academy which is former Jurain Royal Academy and those have been opened to the public in the Galaxy maybe except protected developing planets like the earth.
I think Funaho means only military relating technologies which may offend Jurain sescurity.
Being the mightiest power, Jurai doesn't rule whole the Galaxy. There are some rival powers like planet Seniwa where Mihoshi comes from, Airai where Airi comes from.

No.4014 Re[3]:Jurains, species or race?
Date: 2001 03/30 00:01
Both Seniwa and Airai are the rivalries for Jurai. I think they are human as well and could be called the same species.
There is another species called Wau which the commander of GP 7th headquarter belongs to. No others known so far.

No.4094 Re[5]:Jurains, species or race?
Date: 2001 04/01 19:42
Mr.K tends to introduce only human type characters. I heard a female Wau will appear in GPX. I think other non-humans will be just in background.
As for the Spock look like, all I can say is it's just a parody.
Seniwa is very cold planet and covered with snow for more than half the year so their skin color is not due to the sun burning. I have seen pictures of Mikamo (Washu's ex-husband), Koyori (Mikamo's second wife), Mikumo and Miyuki. Mikamo and Koyori have the deep tan colored skin like Mihoshi but Mikumo and Miyuki have light colored skin as you can see by the picture I linked before.
I haven't seen any picture of Mihoshi's mother yet.

No.3934 Re[3]:Who is Miyuki continued
Date: 2001 03/28 00:28
Miyuki and Mikumo had a daughter and she is Mihoshi's grandmother. Not mentioned if they had any other children nor which the grandmother's child is, Mihoshi's mother or father. The marshal isn't mentioned at all.
Mihoshi has a younger brother who is also a member of GPX.
Mihosi's mother doesn't appear in the novels at all. Her appraiser thing is refered only in 'Here comes Jurai2'. I think it will be described in GPX OVA.

No.4184 Re:Character Sketches
Date: 2001 04/04 00:01
Yesterday I bought the book and read it.
Though most of stuff (87 of 96 pages) is about TinT, it includes Mr.K's interview and 3 drawings.
One pic is the same as the cover of True Tenchi novel vol1(Ryoko generating numerous LHWs with 3 gems). You can see the pic in Tatsuming's page.
Other two are new to me, one is pic of Washu in her Goddess form, another is pic of Washu, her husband and baby, Naja and young clay. (sorry, no pic of Ryoko and her daughter).
I found a lot of surprising information in Mr.K's interview which are new to me as well.
For example, Washu created 2 other children before Ryoko, and they already died due to a certain accident.

No.4280 Re:Mihoshi
Date: 2001 04/06 21:48
At least I have not seen any pic of Mihoshi's mother.
As for other characters... I see a black and white pic of 5 girls including the GPX detective who will invite Seina to GPX in Mr.K's latest dojinshi. Of course it's not official yet, all I can say now is every girl is so cool and fascinating.

No.4295 Re[3]:Mihoshi
Date: 2001 04/07 09:37
The book is sold only in 'Comiket'(Comic Market, the largest spot sales of dojinshi held in every August and December in Tokyo) directly.
I bought a used one from a specialty store by online.
I show you dojinshi stores link page. Some of them have English page.

http://www.skyblue.ne.jp/~inaba/link/link_dojin.html

Mr.K has issued 5 dojinshis so far.

?Omatsuri zenjitsu no yoru (The night before the carnival)
?Omatsuri zenjitsu no yoru-Heisei ban (Heisei era version)1
?Omatsuri zenjitsu no yoru-Heisei ban 2
?Omatsuri zenjitsu no yoru-Heisei ban 3
?Omatsuri zenjitsu no yoru-Sayonara 20seiki (farewell to 20th Century)

The first one is so old (maybe issued more than 10 years ago) and rare, I haven't got it.
Other 4 are issued after 1998.

No.4360 So many questions
Date: 2001 04/08 23:26
In the dojinshis, Mr. k has revealed his original concepts and designs.
He wrote the scripts and showed his original drawings by himself.
'issue' means he or his assistants ordered a printing office to make the stuff into a book, and sold them on the 'Comiket'.
They are his personal and private works.

Yes, I have the last 4 dojinshi.
The stuff of vol1 is 'Gosenzo-san-e'(To the ancestors, I don't know the correct English title)
and 'Space opera'.
Vol2 is Tenchi and Photon, vol3 is Dual, and the latest is 'Gosenzo-san-e' again.
As for his chracter design, his art style has been changed a little bit, refined and detailed in my opinion.
I love the design of the GP detective, so sweet and lovable.

No.4389 My policy
Date: 2001 04/09 21:21
I don't think it's stupid. Maybe natural.

I have mentioned little about 'who will be with Tenchi' things in the BBS. It's not because I don't like or am not interested in such a matter. Of course I would love to talk about that and am curious so much as you do and are.
Though Mr.K has not mentioned it clearly in the dojinshis, I have found some clues to assume the conclusion from some stuff in them.
But they are unofficial information and must be serious spoilers for the coming OVA. That's why I have refrained from mentioning the matter.
(Sometime I may have forgot the policy. Repeat I'D LOVE TO SPEAK THAT!)

I'm willing to share information about the episodes already released and /or from media available to the general public such as the novels with you.

No.4182 Re[2]:Ryoko
Date: 2001 04/03 23:22
Not Minagi. I mean the girl in the pic.

http://lemniscate.homestead.com/files/Tenko.jpg

Strictly speaking, the girl is called to be Ryoko's daughter. I think there were some discussion about the pic in the BBS.
Mr.K explains the girl is ?? between ?? and ×× in the dojinshi, censored by the editor.

No.4702 Re:Status of Kiyone, Airi, etc
Date: 2001 04/16 23:55
<Airi and Yousho were married after Kasumi died (persumably 500+ years ago), and that Airi is probibly Tenchi's grandmother. Do I understand that correctly?>

Yes, that's exact what I say, Tenchiken.

And there must be some special reason why Kiyone died so early as you think, but sorry I have no idea now.
The story which Walid says is come from one of Ms Hasegawa's novels. As you know, her novels are not considered as OVA canon. There is some posibility she knows Mr.K's concept as she is one of the creators of 1st OVA.

No.4502 Re[2]:Thanks
Date: 2001 04/11 23:54

I show you 2 links to English pages of dojinshi stores.

http://www.mandarake.co.jp/m1/index_e2.html
http://www.meikido.com/english/

And I found a great web site today. You can see cover arts of numerous Tenchi dojinshis including Mr.K's.

http://tenchi.org/doujin.htm

Followings are Mr.K's cover drawings from his dojinshis. I found there are 2 more his dojinshis, heisei-ban vol4 and 5.
The 1st and 2nd ones are from the latest, GPX characters.

http://tenchi.org/dou_ka/DOU1401A.JPG
http://tenchi.org/dou_ka/DOU1401B.JPG
http://tenchi.org/dou_ka/DOU1339A.JPG
http://tenchi.org/dou_ka/DOU1156A.JPG
http://tenchi.org/dou_ka/DOU1156B.JPG
http://tenchi.org/dou_ka/DOU1000A.JPG
http://tenchi.org/dou_ka/DOU1000A.JPG
http://tenchi.org/dou_ka/DOU1000B.JPG
http://tenchi.org/dou_ka/DOU1127A.JPG
http://tenchi.org/dou_ka/DOU1127B.JPG

And more Mr.K's drawings. Click the blue kanji characters.

http://tenchi.org/dou_no.htm

Enjoy them.

No.4672 Re[3]:Once Again S.Naoe...
Date: 2001 04/15 22:56
OK you mean you suppose Seto is one of the two children Washu created before Ryoko, right?
I'm inclined to assume that Seto is Naja's daughter or something as you supposed before.
It explains Washu's comment in ep-13 'She reminds me of someone', and Mr.K says the two children died clearly in the interview.

By the way, the fact of Washu's two other children remind me of D of Dual. Before her, there are A, B and C as unsuccessful trials.

No.4700 Re[3]:Kasumi, Airi and Kiyone
Date: 2001 04/16 23:22
Kasumi the first wife of Yosho and Kasumi the mother of Taro are different parsons.
Yosho's first wife already passed away about 560 years ago and her name is writen by a kanji character.
Taro's mother is Tenchi's cousin, a daughter of Tenchi's aunt who appeared in ep-8, and her name is writen by three hiragana characters.

As for Seto, please refer to oni_shin's post 4694.

Kagato is a female clone of Naja originally. She didn't assimiliate with a prototype male body of Ryoko which Washu created but just 'borrowed' it. She still keeps her original body of Naja's clone.

No.4671 Kasumi, Airi and Kiyone
Date: 2001 04/15 22:28
Kasumi is an Earthling. Yosho met her when he was wounded in a duel with Ryoko on the planet.
Airi isn't an Earthling. She is from Airai, another rival power to Jurai. Yosho met her in his days in Galaxy Academy. Both appear in the novel vol2. (Hope you to read the novel in Tastumingo's web site.)
I'm not saying Tenchi's mother(Kiyone) will appear in GPX. I don't think she will do but Minaho (Airi's daughter with Yosho, maybe Kiyone's older sister and Tenchi's aunt) will do.

No.4659 how many wives?
Date: 2001 04/15 10:24
OK,OK,^_^;

I thought Yosho had several wives but just one at a time in his 700 years on the planet.
But now I tend to suppose he had just a two wives, Kasumi and Airi.
In the interview Mr.K says Airi Maguma will appear in GPX, and in the dojinshi he calls her Masaki Airi, former Airi Maguma!
In the end of the novel2, Yosho contacted with his friend in Galaxy Academy after Kasumi's passing away and he saw Airi again. I assume he married her after that and now she is Masaki Airi.
What more important is it means Airi is Kiyone's mother and Tenchi's grandmother.
Note in ep-5 young Tenchi calls the woman 'Grandma' in English version, but he calls her 'oka-chan(Mommy)' in Japanese version. In another words, Tenchi's grandmother has never mentioned or appeared in OVA.

No.4753 Re[5]:washu
Date: 2001 04/18 00:39
Well said! It's amazing.

I have to say to you that Mr.K says almost the same thing what you say in his interview in Shin Tenchi Art Book.
Yes, you are right. Washu shares the same memory with Ryoko and has the same feeling for Tenchi as Ryoko does.

No.4813 Re:Yosho-sama
Date: 2001 04/19 23:11
If you really want to include the stuff of the novels in you essay, you should read them first. You did?
I don't think it's a good manner to ask other for help without doing what you can.

Anyway I don't have anything to add to what I already said.
Airi being Tenchi's grandmother is just my assumption as I said.
The facts are as follows;

1. Kasumi, the first wife of Yosho, already died about 560 years ago.
2. After that, Yosho met Airi Maguma again and he found he had a daughter(Minaho) with her for the first time.
3.Airi (and Minaho) will apear in GPX and she will be called 'Masaki Airi'.

I cannot explain you the relationship between Yosho and Airi in their Galaxy Academy days by a few sentences, especially by my poor English.
Repeat, read the novels.

No.4927 Re[5]:Avatar
Date: 2001 04/23 23:53
<But I don't think Tenchi will wind up as King of Jurai. He is destined for something else. That just MHO.>

That's right, oni_shin.
I think that Jurai is just a means to creat Tenchi for Tsunami and he is the exact purpose of the Goddesses.

No.5796 Re:How old is Tenchi?
Date: 2001 05/31 23:58
Tenchi himself says he is 15 in a short story in OVA music CD vol1.
Mr. K also explains that in a dojinshi.

No.5784 Re[6]:How old is Tenchi?
Date: 2001 05/30 22:18
I prefer to Tenchi being around 17 but actually he was in the first grade of high school and 15 years old in OVA ep-1.

No.6035 Re[7]:5 Ryoko
Date: 2001 06/17 22:04
As Washu says, Zero was a perfect copy of Ryoko.
(Mr.K says the technology of Zero was invented by Naja.)
The only differences were,
1. At first, Zero was under the control of Clay's order.
2. Zero was not used to Ryoko's feeling for Tenchi.
The assimiliation didn't changed Ryoko's personallity at all because Ryoko and Zero are perfectly the same creations.
In another word, Zero's attitude and personality which were shown in Ep-11 and 12 are completely the same as Ryoko's.
1. was completely eliminated before assimiliating, but 2. still remained a bit at the end of Ep-12.

No.6561 Re:Unanswered questions
Date: 2001 07/03 00:00
There was an important scene relating to your question 1 in Ep-6. The scene was omitted by the creator due to being short of playing time.

Sasami:What's happening? We are being pulled.
Tsunami:It's power from Soja.
Sasami:Can you shake off it?
Tsunami:I have enough volume of power. But in this case, everything within 100 light-year, including Soja, will be eliminated. It will be a matter for you, won't it?
Sasami:Oh, stop it!
Tsunami:Then let us believe him and wait.

No.6736 some correction and supplement
Date: 2001 07/11 23:04
The head of Kamiki family is Utsutsumi who is Seto's husband and Misaki's father.
It's not clear how Shuzan is related to the former king of Jurai. The novel says Mitsuki is a grand daughter of the former king of Jurai and Shuzan is Mitsuki's nephew. Shuzan is supposed to be a great grandson of the former king of Jurai.
The current leader of Masaki family is Funaho. Being the king of Jurai, Azusa has to be neutral for all 4 families.

No.6816 Hasegawa novels
Date: 2001 07/17 23:43
I have read most of Ms.Hasegawa's Tenchi novels.
But I don't think you need to care about the stuffs of them,
especially if you are a fan of OVA cannon. I regard her novels as a kind of commercial fan fics.
As one of the creators of 1st OVA, Ms.H may know something about Mr.K's concepts but apparently she understand little about them.
As for the story of Tenchi's mother's death, Ms.H wrote only the stuff of 'she was finally killed when Tenchi as a child generated LHW's and could not control them.' in one of her novels. As far as I know, she didn't write other stuffs of 'Achika showed a great potential when she was a girl.....'
I doubt Funaho(tree) would kill or wound Yosho's daughter even though she failed in the contract ritual.

No.6817 re:GP characeters
Date: 2001 07/18 00:02
OK, oni_shin.
From the left side there is Noike Sakatsu who is a former coleague of Mihoshi.
The next person is Marisu who is a member of a special force of GP and a fiancee of Mihoshi's younger brother.
They are planned to be appeared in the following Shin Tenchi novels or might be in 3rd or following OVA.

No.6864 correction
Date: 2001 07/20 08:35
Sorry, I made a mistake.
The name of the person next to Noike is Bizen Mashisu, not Marisu.
And it is not clear who is the young woman beneath Seto.
She is supposed to be
1. Akara Naja who happen to be still alive actually.
2. Female Kagato who is still alive.

No.7102 Re[2]:Reply to S. Naoe & a Few Questions
Date: 2001 08/01 22:29
Sorry for causing you to misunderstand.

Mr.K did create most of the depth of characters in Ep3 and 5 as well.

I find a conceptional drawing by Mr.K, being angry at Ryoko's egg Aeka slaps Tenchi, and some e-konte, the conversation between Tenchi and Aeka in the cabin, Ryoko watches young Tenchi crying over his mother's death.
And he says the flower of Royal Teardrop is Aeka's trauma because she noticed dimly that Yosho didn't want the marriage with her.
Ms Hasegawa wrote the scripts based on Mr.K's concept but she made some 'improvement' according to her idea and liking.
Reading her novels, apparently Aeka is her most favorite among the girls. She described Aeka as a tragic princess in Ep3 but Mr.K wanted Aeka be more human-like and let her give up Yosho more reasonably.

In Mr.K's concept Aeka has a lot of complication and background in her personality.
Originally she was very honest, straight, outgoing, affectionate and affective like her mother Misaki.
But fortunately or unfortunately, she had another mother, Funaho, who was calm, modest, elegant, gentle, and had some special aura making others feel peaceful. Funaho looked an ideal woman for young Aeka.
Aeka wanted to be like Funaho. She began copying Funaho's appearance and behavior. She changed her hair be close to Funaho's. One of reason why she loved Yosho might have been because he was a son of Funaho.
Of course she loved Misaki but it was (and has been) a taboo word for her that she was similar to her mother in her personality. Every time she saw her mother's usual behavior, she felt something bitter because she knew it was real figure of herself. Increasingly she tried to suppress natural herself and play a 'perfect' woman.

No.7073 Re[5]:Same script writers for OVA 3 or fresh blood
Date: 2001 07/30 22:29
I don't think Ms Hasegawa will come back to 3rd OVA because Mr. K doesn't put trust in her at all.
Ms H was in charge of only Ep3 and 5 actually. She didn't have anything to do with Ep1 and 2 because she took part in Tenchi OVA somewhat late. Ep4 was produced in accordance with Mr. K's concept mainly.
Mr. K complains that Ms H distorted some characters' personalities in Ep3 and 5. For example, Mr.K thought Aeka should have accepted Yosho's death and given up him in Ep3, Tenchi should not have hesitated to pick up Tenchiken and go to save Ryoko in Ep5.
In Ep6 Mr. Hayashi ordered Mr.K to omit Tsunami or Washu because Mr.H thought two of new characters were too many for the last episode. Mr.K disregarded the order and wrote/drew an e-konte (continuity with rough layout drawings of each cut. I don't know how it's called in English.) of Ep6. Mr. K says he didn't even read the script of the episode written by Ms Hasegawa at all. Mr. H admitted Mr. K's e-konte was excellent and adopted most of the stuff.
Talented creators tend to be stubborn and eccentric, for example Miyazaki Hayao, Anno Hideaki and Oshii Mamoru. So is Mr. K.

No.7471 Correction of my old post
Date: 2001 08/21 22:07
In my old post I may have said that Azusa's key of his royal tree Kirito was his left eye but now I find his right eye is correct actually.
It is described in Tenchi novel vol1 P107 and P156.

No.7777 Re[4]:Viz Comics and Hitoshi Okuda
Date: 2001 09/10 23:15

<others say that there are too many differences, and that it relates better to the OVA than his first series.>

I agree with the above view.
I think Okuda Hitoshi is trying to propagate the OVA to younger readers through the new series as a great fan of the OVA.
He has been doing a good job. He has created some of his episodes successfully, hasn't done some of remainings very well.
It is difficult for him to continue to creat new episodes for some reasons. I mean he is not a creator of the OVA, there are only 13 episodes of the original OVA for him and he cannot make either spoiler or contradiction for the coming OVA.