Trigger Magazine Production Reports

Started by Harls, October 16, 2013, 01:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

December 19, 2013, 01:29:49 PM #16 Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 01:33:00 PM by Harls
KILL la KILL production report 011

One of the more popular gossips I hear amongst the animator in the studio is how hard it is to draw Mako. She's cute, yet crazy in the mind. She's crazy yet she somehow manages to be charming. Even trying to express her verbally is difficult! It really does surprises me how the crew manages to pull off such a crazy character. Mako is also the reason why KILL la KILL had to be written mostly by Mr. Nakashima. The original plan was to have multiple scriptwriters, but her wild personality proved to be too much for outside scriptwriters to handle. Mako is hard to draw for the animators; her personality is way over the top, yet something about her sounds very natural. Why is that? What could possibly make her insane nonsense sound so convincing? Yes, it must be due to the acting done by Ms. Suzaki! She even looks like Mako with her new haircut! Now, I've yet to confirm this myself but according to the rumors, even her personality seems to be identical to Mako! I have come to the conclusion that Mako as a character is only made possible due to the love and care of all of the staffs involved in this series! Please look forward for more of "Mako" I can guarantee you that she won't bore you!
Higuchi reporting out!

The story is starting to fire up! I feel that episode 11 was the second climax to for the series. Just when we thought Ryuko will be having a rematch with Sanageyama a new character interferes! Prior to reading the script back then, I've had a feeling that an outside character will interfere with Ryuko and Satsuki's affair, but definitely not in this matter. While I was eager to see their rematch, I am not disappointed with how the script continues to surprise me!

The hips! The curves! What more has to be said, seriously? Just the right amount of meat on her body, can't make a single complaint here, A5 rank meat for sure (laughs). And, wow I got derailed fast here... I made a promise with myself to take things a bit serious this week, but I guess that's not happening.

Looks like lady Satsuki can't hide her excitement this week with all the new characters popping up! We got our twin tail character Nui Harime, and our healthy dark skinned girl Hououmaru!

Everything in one angle! Perfect! According to our settings management staff, the one of our key animator noted that her breasts should bounce more in this scene.

Why is Sukuyo so hot? How in the world did Barazo manage to marry her? It's a mystery no one can solve... He probably waged all his luck with the devil or something.

"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

KILL la KILL production report 012

A lot of new character popped up this episode! The series had a secluded feel until now, but with these new enemies from outside the campus, I feel that the world of KILL la KILL has finally expanded past the campus grounds! We had Nui, Ragyou, and Hououmaru introduced in this episode, and they all have a powerful personality! But, something about these characters felt awkwardly masculine. Come to think of it, that applies to almost all of the female characters in KILL la KILL. A good amount of the characters in this series are female, but it feels as if this series is compiled of just male characters. According to Mr. Nakashima, this is not due to the fact that the characters in KILL la KILL possess a manly personality. It is because the supposed female characters are simply males "packaged" in female bodies. Although the characters gestures and reaction is very feminine, their behavioral principle is the one of a male personality. Mr. Nakashima says that he has intentionally designed his characters in this way. While having the cuteness of the girls, the characters possess the wildness to stir the story and the hook the viewer's attention at the same time. There is no question that the girls will bring a load of surprise in the second half of the series so please don't miss out!
Higuchi Reporting out!

Merry Christmas! What did everyone get for their Christmas presents!? I can tell you Santa did not grant Tattun's wishes, at all... I was suppose to get my Ryuko pillow cover and Satsuki's mouse pad...didn't happen. I was for sure that I was being a good boy this year too. Anyways! It's the holiday season and I think we should do a little bit more for this week's issue. Starting off with our main illustration! This week the director for LWA, Yoshinari Yoh has stepped up and provided us with a holiday illustration!

Surprisingly I feel that I can manage to pull this week off without a single lewd content! (and I meant it!). Let's start off with Nui! How does everyone feel about her? I personally enjoy her cute yet cynical personality. Come to think of it, almost all of KILL la KILL's female characters aren't simply just cute. Ryuko is cute yet full with vitality, Satsuki is a badass and somehow manages to be cute still. I don't even think there's a explanation needed for Mako.

Moving on to Satsuki! A lot of important events took place in episode 12, but Satsuki stole the spotlight in my opinion. Awesome is an understatement for how awesome she was in this episode. I believe the last time Satsuki transformed and had some action was episode 3, it's been a while but I think the wait was well worth it. The action scene and the BGM was simply perfect!

TRIGGER End of the year special!

We are proud to announce that a figure of Ryuko Matoi from KILL la KILL will be released from Phat Company! The figure will be available for purchase and preorder on our official TRIGGER store with an added bonus! For customers who purchase the figure at our store will receive a printed copy of a Shikishi autographed by our main staff!
For further information, please check our official site regularly for the most up to date information!
We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
*The TRIGGER newsletter will be taking a 2 week break due to new years.

TRIGGER

"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Quote from: Harls on December 26, 2013, 04:33:08 PM

Let's start off with Nui! How does everyone feel about her?

We are proud to announce that a figure of Ryuko Matoi from KILL la KILL will be released from Phat Company! The figure will be available for purchase and preorder on our official TRIGGER store with an added bonus! For customers who purchase the figure at our store will receive a printed copy of a Shikishi autographed by our main staff!

To be quite honest, I'm not a fan of Nui; something about her character really turns me away from liking her as a villain. I think it's how she acts cheerful all the time that drives me a bit nutty.

I wonder how much that figure is going to cost. If I turn into a buy friend my year is going to be just as expensive as last year.
This is not a sig, it's a Sandwich.

Quote from: Ryokos Stepdad on December 26, 2013, 04:49:32 PMI wonder how much that figure is going to cost. If I turn into a buy friend my year is going to be just as expensive as last year.
8,800 yen, delivery approx. June 2014 :doom:

i want that figure so bad, but i don't have a good display case.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but first I gotta thank Harls again for obliging my personal request.

Just wanted to let folks know that these Trigger Production reports have started up again for Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de / When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace.  So now's the time to signup to their newsletter if anyone wants inside info and production art, assuming you like the anime.