Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Started by Surgeon Of Death, February 08, 2014, 01:40:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Amazing anime, just watched it recently and I haven't read the manga yet but I'm really considering it from all this waiting for Part 3. I wonder how they'll start replacing hamon with stands now....

http://www.youtube.com/v/TsKalKU_Yg8
My body is ready for more JoJo. Based David Production! Can't wait till April!

Haven't read Part 3 or watched the OVAs so I don't really know who Petshop is...but here's a new Teaser featuring Avdol and DIO!
http://www.youtube.com/v/4NXgHW_XBsc

Does anybody know if the author of Jojo is homosexual? There were an awful lot of posing effeminate men in the few chapters that I read.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Well no...Araki is just fond of drawing his characters in very eccentric poses. His style has even landed him collaborations with Gucci and other famous fashion magazines. I suggest watching the 2012 anime instead of reading the first chapters of the manga since its really hard to read the early parts of the manga especially part 1 due to how dated the drawings are. Much like One Piece, people need to get a bit used to the art style but once you get into the anime you won't even notice how silly it looks. I find myself enjoying the poses and its even a cult meme with doing the poses from the various Jojo protagonists.

Okay. Which are the best manga arcs to read then?
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

I had read the third first arc a long times ago. I thought that was just okay. I do like the animation in the anime thought.

Quote from: antvasima on March 07, 2014, 03:18:18 AM
Well I can't say which to read seeing that I've only watched the 2012 anime and read bits of Part I & II. The 2012 anime is quite faithful to the first two parts of the manga without the dated art. Its not a butchered adaptation like most shonen jump anime are so yeah I can only recommend you watch the 2012 anime and not the OVAs.

http://www.amazon.com/JoJos-Bizarre-Adventures-Phantom-Blood-Part/dp/1421578794
Phantom Blood will finally be released in English! They will use the Jojonium volumes instead of the regular manga volumes! I'm getting so close to owning Battle Tendency in English! Finally Viz is using their heads on this release!

#1 JOJO SUPER FAN!
JOJO HAS BEEN MY SECOND FAVORITE THING SINCE 2007 WHEN I FINALLY GOT AROUND TO READING IT. Now I wait eagerly every month for the next Jojolion. The anime has been great, although part 3 is my least favorite. I AM SO EXCITED TO (hopefully) ONE DAY SEE PARTS 4, 5, 6, 7, AND 8 animated!

ASK ME ANYTHING ABOUT JOJO!

Quote from: antvasima on March 07, 2014, 03:18:18 AM

JOJO SHOULD BE READ IN ORDER! It's a sequential story! That being said, part 5(Aureo Vento)'s translation SUCKS. It totally kills all characterization and makes everyone boring. Only the first volume has had a decent translation. So if you HAD to skip one, it would be five. It's more of a side story anyways. Also, part 7(Steel Ball Run) and 8(Jojolion) take place in another universe, and could arguably be the best in the series, so you could just read those, but others have still felt lost doing so in the past.

Quote from: antvasima on March 06, 2014, 02:28:45 AM
Does anybody know if the author of Jojo is homosexual? There were an awful lot of posing effeminate men in the few chapters that I read.

Araki is married to a woman and has kids(which doesn't mean anything.) But basically he's like me, not literally gay but appreciating certain 'gay' things like fashion. He's explained in interviews that all of the wonderfully homoerotic poses in Jojo are his nods to the fashion industry which he gets a lot of inspiration from, which is why the outfits get so wonderfully bonkers. It's called "high concept fashion" I think. The author has had his works displayed in Paris, Venice and Rome. THE LOUVRE HAD ARAKI'S JOJO ARTWORK! THE LOUVRE!

Quote from: Y_Anthony_Who on August 31, 2014, 02:19:28 AM
ASK ME ANYTHING ABOUT JOJO!
So can you tell me who's the best Jojo and why its Joseph?

Quote from: Surgeon Of Death on August 31, 2014, 11:58:41 PM
So can you tell me who's the best Jojo and why its Joseph?

INCORRECT-O!

The best Jojo is Higashikata Josuke according to Hirohiko Araki himself, so that's Canon.

In my personal opinion it is Josuke, Jolyne, or the other Josuke. After all, how could best Jojo be a philanderer?

Ah yes, Josuke. He looks awesome, I ended up getting mildly spoiled on JoJo's storyline and cast thanks to ASB and /a/ so I don't really know how it went down with Joseph and his 2nd child but yeah I'm currently only up to Part III right now. That might change when the anime break happens but I do know basic spoilers like Giorno being DIO's son, SBR Universe reset, etc. I just really hope Diamond is not Crash is good since Jotaro isn't really clicking with me and yet he's the face of the entire franchise. I do hope that Josuke and Part IV can amazing me much like how Part II did. I've heard nothing but praise for Josuke and Part IV.