[AiTM] The new "Tenchi Muyo" series is a Negishi created AU

Started by antvasima, August 01, 2014, 01:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I am planning to treat the new series as a parallel version of Tenchi Muyo.  Tenchi UNiverse serves as an excellant example on how an alternate version of Tenchi Muyo can work.  The new series seems to start out with two of the female characters who are going to bee a part of Tenchi's harem. 

Well, if the series does feature all the regular cast, and the two new characters are just introduction windows for new viewers, then I suppose it could end up as good as Tenchi Universe, which is better than nothing.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

I'm starting to think happened is that AIC had some other project in the works anyway, Okayama was willing to partially fund the animation and also promote a Tenchi anime, and so AIC took the money and just added a rat tail to the protagonist.  Call it Tenchi and pocket the money.  All in a day's work.  :/
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.

Quote from: جبريل 無道 on August 13, 2014, 06:40:02 PM
I'm starting to think happened is that AIC had some other project in the works anyway, Okayama was willing to partially fund the animation and also promote a Tenchi anime, and so AIC took the money and just added a rat tail to the protagonist.  Call it Tenchi and pocket the money.  All in a day's work.  :/

Kaji right now

it's official now ....

" ORIGINAL CREATOR " : Masaki Kajishima

nothing else
this is hopeless

by the way ....
Kanjishima have .. his own light novel ..  and new dojin every year
He actually not need to work at AIC anymore .. I think ..

Well, personally I want to see Kajishima's GXP and Tenchi Muyo novels animated, as well as a 4th OVA series. Doujins and novels that I cannot read aren't nearly the same thing.

The main page though at least adds Washu:
http://www.ai-tenchi.jp/#intro_box

"天地、女子高教師になる!? またもや鷲羽の起こした問題から、世界が大ピンチ! 世界の危機を救うため天地が順愛学園という女子高へ教育実習生としてもぐりこむことに。 天性の巻き込まれ体質の天地には赴任した早々、数々の問題が降りかかる。 そして、それはまさに、天地の苦難に満ちた教師生活の始まりとなる...."

Something about "Washu" causing a big problem and Tenchi becoming a student teacher because of it?  It just says Washu and not Washu Hakubi, so she may be intended to stay in the background (if she's even a person in this at all.)

So that's the bone old time fans get this time around.  A single name drop.  If Washu appears at all, it is probably going to look as different as she did in that new Sasami Shoujo Club anime 7 years back or worse if "Tenchi Masaki" is any indication.

The scenario spells it out, old characters aren't gonna play much of a roll.  9 character cast so far.  This is a show in 5 minute increments.  It sounds like it will (must) have a lot of action, not a ton of high profile characters to track.  I suspect if the classic girls show up, it will be in "copyright" cameos.

As I have said earlier: Why do they even call this "Tenchi Muyo" instead of, say, "Random Generic High School Comedy Anime With Bland Designs"?

Quote from: antvasima on August 22, 2014, 04:10:39 PM
As I have said earlier: Why do they even call this "Tenchi Muyo" instead of, say, "Random Generic High School Comedy Anime With Bland Designs"?

Quote from: antvasima on August 22, 2014, 04:10:39 PM

Uh, the 16 Million Yen that AIC screwed Okayama out of to make a Tenchi series?  I bet they had this series on a backburner, suddenly Okayama shows up, and then they are like, "Sure, we'll do Tenchi show to promote MK's birthplace for that money," and proceeded to add a rat tail to the protagonist and drop in a Tenchi name in the background information.