[AiTM] The new "Tenchi Muyo" series is a Negishi created AU

Started by antvasima, August 01, 2014, 01:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: takahata on August 25, 2014, 04:21:32 PM
Quote from: جبريل 無道 on August 24, 2014, 06:04:35 PM
I dub this show Tenchi Muyo Muyo.  No need for Tenchi Muyo.

I am starting to think that the new series is likely a sequel to Tenchi: Universe.

Not out of question.

Negishi (director) is now tweeting about the series.  Ai-Tenchi twitter is following him so it's legitimate. 

https://twitter.com/tsukumotakumi/status/503135190558851072
https://twitter.com/tsukumotakumi/status/502790573321768960

Ibawow or someone, can you guys translate?  One seems to be about Washu.  And another would be about Ayeka.

You know what's really going to suck?  If this is going to be a Tenchi Universe sequel, and the story goes all the girls left him because he wanted a normal life, and now he's alone and Washu (comes back for a cameo) to plunge him into some stupid shit and Ayeka has a cameo too, maybe on a view screen, maybe married off to some prince.  All because these schmucks don't want to pay for the old (japanese) VAs the whole series.  Total speculation because I read too many fanfics like this but it was almost the ending of TU TV right before Ryoko came back....

But we go from strong OAV Tenchi that would rather die than forsake any of the girls and ends up with a harem and a bunch of kids to TinT Tenchi deluxe bishi putz here acting the loser as if not enough irl guys were like that that we need to see it in anime--.--  OMG. 

Nothing displayed so far in this series gives me any confidence, especially Tenchi's propensity to "get into trouble" which tbh sounds more Seina-ish to me.
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

Is that why the regular cast isn't featured? Because AIC didn't want to pay for the voice actors? I really hate how they consistently mistreat the Tenchi Muyo franchise.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

You guys are seriously putting too much energy into this. This is a 5 minute 50 episode series that is pretty much a glorified travel promo for the japanese city that was fund raised and started this.

Seriously, expecting Universe 2 or OVA 4 from this is pretty ridiculous. This is an indie style spin off to gain revenue for the city of Takahashi, not the return of the franchise people are looking for.

Be real, if AIC's greedy asses didn't see themselves making a buck and putting a hand in this, most wouldn't even give a fuck about this project. And the people who started the project know this, so they took a familiar but pretty niche series to work off on.

Enjoy it for what it is, but putting high expectations on something that at best was meant to be marketable fan service will just leave you disappointed. I mean you only get 5 mins an episode, you can't expect much with just such a limited number of time. You get some comedy, some ecchi, and a cameo appearance every now and then from our favorite cast members.

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on August 26, 2014, 04:29:56 PM
You guys are seriously putting too much energy into this. This is a 5 minute 50 episode series that is pretty much a glorified travel promo for the japanese city that was fund raised and started this.

Seriously, expecting Universe 2 or OVA 4 from this is pretty ridiculous. This is an indie style spin off to gain revenue for the city of Takahashi, not the return of the franchise people are looking for.

Be real, if AIC's greedy asses didn't see themselves making a buck and putting a hand in this, most wouldn't even give a fuck about this project. And the people who started the project know this, so they took a familiar but pretty niche series to work off on.

Enjoy it for what it is, but putting high expectations on something that at best was meant to be marketable fan service will just leave you disappointed. I mean you only get 5 mins an episode, you can't expect much with just such a limited number of time. You get some comedy, some ecchi, and a cameo appearance every now and then from our favorite cast members.

All I wanted was the original cast really, I'll still watch it though.  :frogonk:

I'll give it a chance for what it is. If Washu or Ryoko show up, cool. If not, hey it's only five minutes. I'd like to see how it is going to promote tourism.
Plenty of trees on Jurai, and plenty of big juicy melons.

Some old characters show up, finally.  Sasami, Washu, and Mihoshi too.  Was I wrong?  We'll have to see.  But now I can watch it.  Mihoshi and Washu look horrible though.  Sasami hasn't really grown up.

Ryoko's outfit on her character page looks horrible, but the front page picture does not.  Ayeka has a tatoo or power symbol on her leg :/  At least's she's mostly covered although the one leg has to stick out.

Is this a response from overwhelmingly negative fan reaction in Japan?  Is that why it pops-up unlike the last character introductions?

I just don't see how 250 minutes, effectively 10 TV episodes, is going to support this large of a cast in 5 minute slots.  I really don't.

http://www.ai-tenchi.jp

image hosting over 10mb
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

But, how is this going to promote tourism?
Plenty of trees on Jurai, and plenty of big juicy melons.

Character profiles (I don't have time to clean this up):
Ryoko:
Demon of legend that had been sealed in 杻木 shrine. Use the powerful energy hidden in jewels, to exert a variety of capabilities. Selfish in the short-tempered.

Washu:
Self-proclaimed "Genius scientist of the universe". Appearance is young, but in fact I'm still alive 20,000 years.  Curious to Tenchi.

Ayeka:
Princess of Jurai.  Going to earth to look for a fiance.  Elegance, gentle personality, but scary when offended.  Weak catastrophic housework.

Sasami:
Sister of Ayeka. Second princess of Jurai. Personality of bright innocence. Housework is good at as opposed to Ayeka.  I'm in charge of the housework of Seiki-ka.

Mihoshi:
Class I Detective of GXP. Genius of chance.  That it goes to direction nor flying regardless of the will of the person in many cases.

What I'm seeing here so far is that these could be the profiles of the Tenchi characters back in OAV/TU beginning.  So this doesn't appear a continuation so far given the info given.  In fact, unlike the other character profiles which say how the characters fit in, these seem to have been very generic profiles lifted from previous sources.  I mean, that explains how Sasami didn't grow up (but Tenchi is 8 years older).

Did they really just bow to fan pressure and slap these in?  It's no secret that the Japanese reaction to the new characters have been very negative.  I wonder if they got any episodes done yet?

Overall, happy :)

I hope they wouldn't make Aeka a bitch, Washu insane and Mihoshi too stupid again.

How on earth you gonna change Ryoko's signature dbz looking hair?

Quote from: Meeeeeeelllllon on August 29, 2014, 10:51:00 AM
But, how is this going to promote tourism?

Throw Sasami and Ryo Ohki on one of those real life water falls or somehing. Watch Japan eat that shit up.

Well, I'm happy that the regular cast shows up, even though it isn't an OVA continuation. Negishi has done good work, such as Burn-Up W, and Tenchi Muyo In Love 1.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

I can't help but be drawn to notice the characters' hips, thighs, and bosoms, whenever I look at the character designer's concepts.
Absolute perversion! Dammmit.
⚆_⚆

Quote from: Negative Dave & The Pessimists
Negativity

So relieved now that we know the girls are in it. I'm loving all the Pretty Sammy references.

Don't like that he fucked with Sasami's bangs (also should have kept her freckles) but whatever, she and Ayeka came out a lot better than the rest.
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.