Asia Animation Partners files for bankruptcy

Started by Ryo-Okay, June 12, 2018, 06:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

June 12, 2018, 07:49:29 PM #1 Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 04:39:54 AM by Dr.Soviet
It's over :bomb:

Edit: A different company will do OVA 5, hopefully for the best.

AIC wasn't the production company? I though AIC and C2C co-produced OVA 4.

QuoteI though AIC and C2C co-produced OVA 4.
They co-produced the animation.

The rest would have been the committee members' responsibility.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on June 12, 2018, 07:49:29 PMEdit: A different company will do OVA 5, hopefully for the best.
Definitely important to note what the good doctor said.  This does NOT mean by any means that OVA 5 is cancelled.  They'll find a different company to handle it and it'll be business as usual.

...but on the other hand, hoo boy.  I seriously hope that this doesn't kill OVA 4's chances of being released in the west.  If it does, well... I guess that explains why we got Ai 4 years later and didn't get OVA 4 right alongside it (As I said before, I feel that's what should have happened).
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

I hope that some other studio will pick up OVA 5.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Quote from: antvasima on June 15, 2018, 02:02:21 PMI hope that some other studio will pick up OVA 5.

Fear not.  I guarantee you, that's basically what is going to happen here.  Remember, as far as Tenchi goes, this studio handled OVA 4... and that's it.  Kajishima did say that we're getting OVA 5, and he and AIC should be able to find a different studio no problem.  Heck, even Kadokawa could do it; remember, they do make anime AND they have the rights to Tenchi's printed material.  And now that I think about it... this might actually be what Kadokawa needs to decide that they'll make an attempt to acquire the Tenchi franchise as a whole.  Everyone knows that I've been saying for a while now that Kadokawa absolutely needs to try and free Tenchi from AIC after they resorted to a kickstarter for the Pretty Sammy sequel... which as we all know failed.

But back on topic.  My concern about this situation isn't about OVA 5's chances of happening, but rather how this could potentially impact OVA 4's chances of leaving Japan because, you know, licensing and all that jazz.  I'm not worried about OVA 5, because that's still gonna happen as I noted above.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Okay. Thank you for the information.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Quote from: WarOmnimon on June 15, 2018, 02:54:43 PM
My concern about this situation isn't about OVA 5's chances of happening, but rather how this could potentially impact OVA 4's chances of leaving Japan because, you know, licensing and all that jazz.  I'm not worried about OVA 5, because that's still gonna happen as I noted above.
Wouldn't Funi only need to talk to the actual rights holder (AIC et al.) not the contracted companies for the grunt work? I don't think this development will impact licensing one way or the other. I do feel bad for the animation company though because OVA4 was well made for being such a small project relatively speaking these days.