Completed Nontan Translations

Started by Dreamr, February 07, 2023, 06:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 07, 2023, 06:34:44 PM Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 07:43:51 PM by Dreamr
This is where I will maintain links to the google docs where I have my translations. Feedback welcome. I can only get better by receiving plenty of criticism.
I figured there was no reason to keep these to myself. But I didn't want to clutter up other threads with semi- or unrelated material. Best to keep it all organized in one place. Many thanks to those of you who have done the scanning, and uploading.

Tools and Methods: I use mostly ocr.space for OCR, sometimes onlineocr.net, and deepl for machine translating. Google Translate is sometimes useful. I also use jisho.org for certain unusual phrases or words, especially slang terms. Between OCR and bulk translate, I remove all the carriage returns because those absolutely screw every attempt at machine translating. Then I attempt to correct the remaining mistakes. Most OCR programs can't get the ellipses right, miss trailing periods, and small words at the beginning of lines. The free version of deepl gives you a glossary of up to 10 words you can have auto-translated. Works great for names. That works for 99% of the work. But there are always issues that need human attention to correct.

I do this because I love Tenchi Muyo, not for any sense of ego or profit. These characters brought me out of a dark place, post-war deployment. I figure this is the least I can do.

Muyou no Hitobito: (無用の人々) Complete.
Souran Partial, early episode 5 and 13 scripts only. Holy crap is episode 5 funny.
Fuyou no Hitobito Done. Page 49 scene 74. In case anyone ever doubted. This entire doujin deserves this:  :emot-iiam:
Koukairoku (Voyage Record) Incl. Sasami manga.
Yohou Keebo = Keyboard. According to Ikigame, Keyboard is a fictional character he made to help explain a few things. Details in the afterword.

You totally rock!
Thanks much!
If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway!

Fuyou no Hitobito is done. Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentines, Dreamr. Thank you for these!

i can preserve these on my site if you like
also i have shuppanroku and had scans but i think they were on mega and got deleted
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Eff Efferson on February 19, 2023, 02:34:59 PM
i can preserve these on my site if you like
also i have shuppanroku and had scans but i think they were on mega and got deleted

Go for it.

Souran is slow going. There's a lot of blurred kanji in the margins. I've managed to figure out most of them. Got to page 70 and discovered that the rest is a reprint/reissue of the 1993 Kajishima interview from hitobito, though it seems to be transcribed from a rerecording. Previous to that there are interviews with Kajishima-san, Kenichi Yatani, Ryoe Tsukimura, and Hajime Satsuki.

August 01, 2023, 11:21:36 PM #6 Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 01:30:41 AM by Dreamr
I've started on Yohou. Nothing earth-shattering yet. Some interesting tidbits about Mr K's career.

edit: Finished first pass on Yohou. Kinda boring. Though now I need to find Gall Force and watch that. Moving on to Kukairoku.

edit2: Discovered I suck at guessing names. Its Ikigame, not Ikame. He specifically stated it in Koukairoku. Corrections incoming. Whoever invented Replace All, thank you!

Koukairoku is done. Link in OP. Did you know Ryoko is completely immune to mind-control? Explicitly stated by Kajishima. Not sure how that works with Kagato controlling her.

Photon was originally a radio drama that debuted on Ai Orikasa's Moonlight Cafe, on Kyoto Broadcasting Service (KBS). She played Keene. Might be fun to find a copy of that. There are definitely some CDs of those sessions. Not finding one specifically of that session, though.

Outstanding,
Thanks much!

If there are any Nontan Project books at Manadarake (that are reasonably priced), I'll pick them up next week when the C102 Doujin drops.

BoB

Now isn't that funny.
My wife is up in Ariake going to a musical this afternoon. She said that the Comiket crowds are just nuts.
That reminded me  to start my frequent search for 15.03, the missing Nontan stuff and 23.08.

23.08 dropped on Mandarake sometime today. I also picked up Shuppanroku 出帆録.
That will bring us down to 4 missing Nontan Project items.

Ordering on Mandarake is kinda strange. I expect to get the books Thursday or Friday. We're going to Tokyo Disney for 4 days next weeks so I'll try to get 'em scanned and up when we get home.

BoB

Quote from: BobSchlotkin on August 12, 2023, 06:53:04 AM
Now isn't that funny.
My wife is up in Ariake going to a musical this afternoon. She said that the Comiket crowds are just nuts.
That reminded me  to start my frequent search for 15.03, the missing Nontan stuff and 23.08.

23.08 dropped on Mandarake sometime today. I also picked up Shuppanroku 出帆録.
That will bring us down to 4 missing Nontan Project items.

Ordering on Mandarake is kinda strange. I expect to get the books Thursday or Friday. We're going to Tokyo Disney for 4 days next weeks so I'll try to get 'em scanned and up when we get home.

BoB

i have shuppanroku but its forever doomed to just be in my personal stash...
i totaly forgot all about comiket
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Just finished uploading Shuppanroku to e-hentai.

https://e-hentai.org/g/2653425/d999bca0c8/

Enjoy
BoB

Page 25 though. Jesus Christ that's horrible. I don't know who "SPARROW" is, but I'm not sure I could live down writing that. It's not just that it's "hentai" - it's that it's just stupid.
"Haha, little girl chokes on shong while giving a blowjob."
...in my pants

Quote from: Nonsuch Ned on August 26, 2023, 11:09:41 PM
Page 25 though. Jesus Christ that's horrible. I don't know who "SPARROW" is, but I'm not sure I could live down writing that. It's not just that it's "hentai" - it's that it's just stupid.

Yah, he definitely all-in on the hentai in that one. Still, thx to Bob for posting.

Quote from: Dreamr on August 28, 2023, 03:00:35 PM
Quote from: Nonsuch Ned on August 26, 2023, 11:09:41 PM

Yah, he definitely all-in on the hentai in that one. Still, thx to Bob for posting.

yeah when i bought it that part made me go wtf
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here