Spring 2013 season

Started by Tenchi Ryu, March 01, 2013, 06:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey Tenchi Ryu, I am surprise Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai season 2 is not in your choice.  :staredog:

April 11, 2013, 04:38:48 PM #16 Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 01:28:02 AM by Harls
Quote from: Gaston on April 11, 2013, 03:45:10 PM
Hey Tenchi Ryu, I am surprise Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai season 2 is not in your choice.  :staredog:
Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on April 10, 2013, 08:09:01 PM
7.Oreimo Season 2
:milk:
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Sorry to be piling on... but oh well~

Not realizing Oreimo is short for Ore no Imouto.  :bravo:

I'm with Simmy, and in fact, Hataraku Maou-sama is my favorite of the season. Funny as shit....The real funny part is that if you take a powerful evil leader, strip him of his power and throw him into another world, this is probably a realistic outcome.

http://www.youtube.com/v/43uanyfqRtY

http://www.youtube.com/v/d9RVzleDqDE

http://www.youtube.com/v/xfSVsRRHmyM

Well, that didn't take long to get blasted... :fyh:
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Well, in the risk of hurting my data cap (well, not really. We've been really good with it recently. When things look dire, we've done a pretty good job on dialing down the usage. It still sucks we have to do that, but on well. Save us $10-20). And 30 minute NON-HD video isn't that big of a file anyways), more Hataraku Maou-sama!

And warning, there will be spoilers. Watch the episode first before reading my impression/review.

It's official. Best girl lost~ And no, shipping isn't the only reason why I watch a series even if it might seem like it.  :parrot: But I admit, I was expecting more harem hijinks. At most, we're getting triangle, with one obviously being onesided.

But let's look beyond shipping, and off to the actual story. More goodness for sure. The comedic parts were hilarious in its subtlety. Mostly subtle at least. While the serious aspect of it, more intrigue. A villian that wants to take down BOTH the Hero and Demon King. Emi's reaction to Chiho is, typical tsundere reaction. And expected. If I wanted to bitch for the sake of bitching, I'd say it was too predictable. But eh. Doesn't take away I am loving this series so far.

And when I said Best Girl, I don't mean Chiho the big breasted loli. :P I meant the girl who is even less relevant, the manager. :D

I should start Railgun soon. As long as I don't find an HD version, should be all good.

Still feeling confident I have enough data cap space, watched the first two To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S episodes. Like my previous post, expect spoilers so, I suggest watching the episode first before reading my impressions/review.

So far? Loving it. But...

First the loving it. Continues off of last season. Love the writing and the interaction. Action is fun too.

The but... part. And even here, it only really concerns the first episode. The first episodes was filleresque. A typical start a series without jumping into the main story arc. A reintroduction of the main characters, with a predictable plot to go with it. That predictable plot, bad people try to cause problems, encounter our heroine, never seem to realize who they were dealing with... heroine saves the day. What's funny is how the episode plays out. Because they were simply a generic bad guys, it makes me think the city is full of roving rapist (well, assaulter, but we all know what they want~) after, or kidnapping little girls. And for whatever reason, they only realize too late that they encounter one of the most powerful people in the city. One that, seems to have a hard time trying to keep a low profile.

Now, it did introduce a new character, and possible antagonist so it wasn't all bad. And it gave a hint to what should be the main story arc. Just that it was still, filler.

The second episode starts off feeling filleresque. Shopping trip, mysterious dropped cash cards, etc. However, if it was a small hint in the first episode about what the main arc was going to be, this, was knee deep into it. And I honestly can't wait to see what they plan on doing.

*I say that, having not read the mangas to a point. So me calling the cash card thing filleresque was probably premature giving that, for all I know, it was in the manga. Unlike some manga adaptions, they had plenty of time since there mangas didn't have enough to truly make a full season (half of the season was complete filler). However, they still cut out an awesome scene with Touma because, well, my only guess was that they wanted to make Railgun stand on its own by limiting the Index crossover. But that still pissed me off because that crossover scene, was awesome.

Well, been watching some episodes, and I'll be using my patented "Pimp" reviewing system to rate how "Incredibly Pimp" to "Extremely Un-Pimp" the shows are.

Now I know y'all like writing long ass posts about every episode you watch, but I'mma gon' follow some words from my homeboy, Stephen "Jiggy" Hawking: "Treal smart peeps keep it short."
Yo true dat, Stephen. True dat.

Yuyushiki - "Pretty Damn Pimp" so far.

Garganita - Might go both ways but so far it's "Decently Pimp".

Attack on Titan - "Extremely Un-Pimp".

Muromi-san - Gotta give out a second "Pretty Damn Pimp" here.

Game of Thrones - "Ain't even an anime but still Really Really Pimp".

Peace out!
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

Turns out the "Pimpest Of The Season™" has to go to Little Witch Academia. Shit was fuckin' incredible.  :worship:

Watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBlqxEIJ_Cg
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

April 26, 2013, 05:16:50 PM #27 Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 05:21:00 PM by Tenchi Ryu
Quote from: SimmyC on April 19, 2013, 05:49:00 PM
It's official. Best girl lost~ And no, shipping isn't the only reason why I watch a series even if it might seem like it.  :parrot: But I admit, I was expecting more harem hijinks. At most, we're getting triangle, with one obviously being onesided.
I think the him being a demon king part is working well, because even with the romantic setup, I like his overall blunt nature. With the typical high school harem leads you get the sweaty nervousness when it comes to stuff like this....but with the Demon King?

"Can we hold hands?" -Sure

"Is this a date?"- Yea

"Do you mind if I spend the night" -Here's a pillow

Just completely bluntness, and in the process just making her panties more and more wet. I love it. Or it just might be his overall maturity level I love. Hell, instead of your typical highschool setup, he's got to be at least 19-20, so that automatically makes it easier for me to relate to the MC compared to the typical 16 year old. Even went a got a part time job.

I do agree his bluntness is refreshing. Although it another form of naivete like other 'harem' leads (and this series isn't really harem. At most a RomCom in that direction). After all, he's agreeing to all that on the basis of not knowing about relationships and what they mean. :P

And yes, unlike Tensami, I do like to write long ass post. Many times, much to my detriment (since yes there is such a a concept as less is more. :P This is especially true when I think my thoughts are meandering too much) but oh well. Probably will continue to write them anyways (hopefully, more focused).

Anyways... Hataraku Maou-sama. A more story driven, and more serious episode than the previous ones. A great episode. Another thing I had expected was the series to be much more comedic than it appears to be. Comedic in the sense of visual gags and just being 'up front' with the humor. It's not, and I believe the series is stronger for that.

In trying to keep this focused, :P I will say that I thought the antagonist was predictable especially after the flashback part. Predictable isn't always a bad thing but, would be lying if I said I was surprised. The story also seems to be relying on the concept of 'there are no coincidences'. Nice touch as long as they don't go too far with it.

And now, it seems like a competitor for the "Best Girl not even in the running" is coming. :D And yes  :orks: my shipping mind.

Now to Railgun Episode 3

This episode was knee deep in the main arc of the story. Last episode as well if I had read the manga (only bits and pieces of it. One day I tell myself I'll read it). For those that watched Index, they would know what arc this is. Well, while I can say it's a great episode, not much to say besides that since it did what it did. And did it well. Hey, not a long rant. :D

I should watch Gargantia episode 3 and 4 later. I'm reluctant after reading spoilers but, well, have to see how it turns out and not rely on 4chan's overreaction of it.

Hmph. I had expected to splurge on the anime watching since this is a new billing month. And we've so far used a lot less data. Funny how that hasn't happened yet. And that's mainly because I'm easily distracted. : :cat:

At least I got in another episode of Hataraku Maou-sama. Episode 5
Well, this episode kind of put things into more of a loop for me. I mentioned how I expected the series to be more comedic than serious... this episode, which I had expected to be more serious than comedic, was a lot more comedic. Heck, in many ways, this was an episode I had expected most of the series to be. Sight gags, non-serious fighting, etc. Still, while I might have preferred the comedy to be more subtle like what I thought the previous episodes were... it's the best, or second best, series I'm currently watching. You know... the few I'm actually watching.  :parrot: