What happened to Mihoshi?

Started by Empress of Jurai, October 21, 2012, 05:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
It has been mentioned that Mihoshi went through some kind of incident which resulted in her death, or near-death, the loss of her competency as a GP officer, and the gaining of her mysterious abilities. What this accident is supposed to be has never been clearly said. Originally, there was a rumor she had been engaged to marry someone and the trauma of being jilted caused her to commit suicide and she had to be revived by her family. However, this rumor was proven false and may have risen rom the fact that Misao seemed to correlate the accident with possible pain of being in a relationship with Tenchi. So, where  does that leave us? Well, the current theory is that she may have wandered upon one of the distortion zones placed by Tokimi to create a superior being. The theory rises from an image of her during said incident, where her body seems to be unraveled and she stands in a strange, technicolor background. It's never been confirmed what the incident really was, so all we can do is speculate. What do you think happened to Mihoshi?

I thought a pre-trauma pic of Mihoshi was just interesting.  I don't have many thoughts on the topic.  I never really viewed Mihoshi as broken somehow although that is what MK is plainly aiming for.
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

Quote from: جبريل 無道 on October 21, 2012, 05:22:23 PM
http://www.uselesstenchi.org/Forum/index.php?topic=207

This is actually an awesome glimpse at something I recently touched on in my fanfiction.  I actually went along with the prior rumor of her jilted love life and subsequent suicide[attempt?].  The idea that if she ever removed her ribbon she would lose her memory just seems ludicrous to me, but it wouldn't be outside of the Tenchi universe technological advances to have something that looked as innocent as a ribbon act as a memory inhibitor.  Something as scandalous as the prized daughter of the Kuramitsu family killing herself would smear their name across tabloids throughout the galaxy, so why not hush it up, revive the girl and then have her forget it ever happened?  Somewhere deep inside her still lives the Class A Detective she once was, but to take off the ribbon would bring years of suppressed memories flooding back in an instant, potentially rendering her COMPLETELY broken. 

Just a thought, of course.
Thought the path is paved with jagged stones and I cannot see its end, I shall strive ever onward, for one day my bleeding feet will heal and the free air is too sweet in my lungs for any other to suffice.