OVA 5 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, August 30, 2017, 12:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey, nice to get an idea where OVA V fits in the GXP / Geminar novels.

It's definitely Jovia. The hair, the eyes, and most of all the eyebrows are a dead giveaway.

I'm very excited!

July 12, 2019, 06:39:23 PM #123 Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 06:44:05 PM by takahata
Jovia Jarvis is going to be one of Kenshi's martial arts trainer.  While Kenshi is going to be a swordsman, martial arts training will essential for him whenever he has no sword. In some episode of Genimar, Kenshi finds himself having to used his martial arts training.

For OVA 5, I do want it to be a sequel to the Ryo-Ohki series.  The series' timeline is set during the first decade of the Twenty-first century. If Tenchi is becoming a father. I want the names of his first two daughters to be Kiyone and Achika. Achika honors Tenchi's mother from Universe and Tenchi in Tokyo.

:Hap: :ragdoll: :swink:

Really, really happy we've got confirmation that OVA 5 is happening!

And we're gonna see more elements/characters from the GXP novels animated too? Nice! :)

Quote from: GP cadet 87 on July 12, 2019, 11:29:39 PMAnd we're gonna see more elements/characters from the GXP novels animated too? Nice! :)

I believe it was mentioned by Kajishima at one point that we'll also see characters and elements from Paradise War and IF (The latter meaning we'll probably see Tenchi's kids!) during OVA 5.

Even though took us a little while longer than we thought... the hype train is here.  ALL ABOARD!  :parrot:
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Google eats up my "Jovia Jovis" request and pings back with a "Jon Bon Jovi desu ka?" Someone make a character page for her!  :shy:

i really dont want to have to finish translating that last novel but looks like im gonna have to eventually
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

I really hope ova 5 is going to be good because ova 3 an 4 were in my honest opinion terrible and a disappointment.

I rather liked the Z parts of OVA 3, but do not like that the focus has shifted away from the main cast.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

July 18, 2019, 10:13:42 AM #130 Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 10:20:19 AM by takahata
I want to see the main villain of OVA 5 to be a member of the Jurain Royal House of Amaki.  If the villain is from the House of Amaki, his goal can focus on attempt to discredit the present Head of the House. The present Head of the Amaki is likely focusing on the stage of ending the centuries long bitter rivalry between the House of Masaki and the House of Amaki. The Head plans to let his house to continue to be the main rival of the House of Masaki. Like I stated before, the Head of the Amaki House travels to Earth to discuss  the matter of arranging a political marriage between two of the children from the two Houses. Since most of Tenchi's daughters are destined to married most of Siena's sons,  Tenchi and Ayeka will have to focus on a betrothal with their oldest son and one of the daughters of the Head of the House of Amaki.

Arranging the betrothal between Tenchi's and Ayeka's oldest son and one of his oldest daughters is the true objective of the Head. The Head of Amaki, Tenchi, and Ayeka will allow their two children the option of ending their engagement when they become adults.  For some members of the House of Amaki, they are opposed to the betrothal plan. Most of those who are opposed to the betrothal plan, they are merely stating their opinions. For the villain, he is opposed to the betrothal because he felt that the present Head of his house is betraying it. The villain can form an alliance with one of the illegitimate Space Pirate Guilds.

Aware of the villain's plans, the Head of the Amaki House tricks the villain into believing that he had made a betrothal agreement with Nobuyuki and Rea. Tenchi and Ayeka are aware of the Head's plan as well as Nobuyuki and Rea.

For some humor,  Airi and Katsuhito's third wife come to Earth to ask their husband to have another child with them.  If Tenchi becomes a father, he finds himself in funny situations like changing diapers and dealing with Ryoko's  and Ayeka's problems with becoming mothers. Of course, Ryoko and Ayeka have two women to ask for advice on motherhood.

For Mihoshi, I want her to become less like  Universe's Mihoshi and more like her own parents and brother.

:why: :how: :omgwtf: :shyboy:

July 18, 2019, 02:58:13 PM #131 Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 03:05:08 PM by GP cadet 87
So re-watched OVA 4. My opinion hasn't improved one iota. There are some nice moments. Ryo-Ohki waking up the whole household. Ryoko and Ayeka refreshingly NOT being jealous of Minaho spending so much time with Tenchi. Tenchi's dad and grandfather's discussion of Kiyone. Minaho and Tenchi's conversation is also very interesting.

But it's all exposition and set up. None of the original OVAs humor, character interactions or action is in here to spice up the world building. It makes even less sense to me now on why these episodes were made, knowing it was intended for the Japanese fans. Besides seeing Nobuyuki and Rea's wedding, there's really nothing here worthy of being animated IMO. Yes, I know this is a bridge between 3 & 5, but it doesn't change the fact that it's all conversations, telling the Japanese audience who have all the novels and doujins handy, what they probably already know.

It's like if they made a miniseries of LotR and only filmed Gandalf's talk with Frodo about the One Ring and the Council of Elrond.

I just want to see Tenchi's family, his "inner" family, not Misaki village, be the focus. Show Kenshi, the kids, the girls, and Tenchi's day to day life. Don't have the entire OVA be a training montage. We have War on Geminar available to us, we *already* know where all the training is going to lead.

Have some action, some comedy. I'm tired of seeing most of the main cast out of focus and/or little to no cool action or space opera stuff.

Agreed.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

I just wish that OVA 5 has more character interaction especially with Tenchi. OVA 3 has the potential but I still feel that there's lack of interaction or dialogue with the main character which can make the series more interesting:

Seto: I hold you once when you were a baby.
Tenchi: Huh?
THE END

OVA 4 is just a drag about Tenchi's family.  :son:

Dare i say it...

OVA 4 is bad and boring because instead of focusing on the girls story arcs like OVA 1 2 and 3 it focuses on resolving tenchi's story arc and most people never even pick up on his ark / care if poor little mommyless tenchi gets over his feelings of loss and abandonment from his mother figure.

it also works on resolving nobuyuki's story ark which no one really ever cared about / was shoe horned into ova 3.

it's a nessesary story section that could have been way better executed if ova 3 hadnt been cut short by simply having minaho show up with airi and tennyo and having her be the one to talk to tenchi after he found out the truth instead of noike... granted i love that moment between noike and tenchi and i feel like thats the only moment that really legitamizes her as an ok waifu in my book... but the problem is minahos visit is a retrack of the same plotline to tie it up. also seto could have dropped off that fabric at the end of ova 3 easily as a suprise you are all getting married instead of an unannounced except in the book anouncement of a marriage right after a marriage.. which takes place right after an engagement....

EVERYONES GOTTEN TO SHOW OFF THEIR WEDDING AND ENGAGEMENT BUT TENCHI GETS A SILENT ANNOUNCEMENT OF IT! its just bad writing... expecially cause there just skipping past the marriage all together for tenchi...

#lets not forget the whole tarrant shank kiddinaping set up that is just totaly ignored.

who's to blaim AIC or kajishima.... id say both.

OVA 3 is bad sepecificly because of something no one ever likes to put the blame on. REA. people want to blame noike... noike is a good waifu and a decent character. rea... rea is a needless tie in to war on geminar. her personality is mush. her design... meh. the fact that her existance warrents an entire seasonal arc around her... bleh.

originally kenji wasn't planned to be his half brother but his granson... and honestly it should have stayed that way.
https://tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com/2017/03/night-before-carnival-vol3-heisei-ban-3.html

for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here