OVA 5 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, August 30, 2017, 12:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Ricin on February 29, 2020, 11:34:47 PM
If it doesn't end in Tenchi's wedding in episode 6 we buy some black masks and fly to Japan and RIOT!

Or be salty online which ever works!

Right now, I want to know the year when the series happens. If Kajishima is focusing on what's happening in Japan during the early 21st Century, Tenchi will likely get married after he turns 25.  I will like to see the wedding. Still, It would have been a better ideal to allow Tenchi's wedding to happen before the series' first episode.

:Hap: :vrage: :omgwtf: :really:

Quote from: takahata on March 03, 2020, 08:37:06 PM
Quote from: Ricin on February 29, 2020, 11:34:47 PM
If it doesn't end in Tenchi's wedding in episode 6 we buy some black masks and fly to Japan and RIOT!

Or be salty online which ever works!

Right now, I want to know the year when the series happens. If Kajishima is focusing on what's happening in Japan during the early 21st Century, Tenchi will likely get married after he turns 25.  I will like to see the wedding. Still, It would have been a better ideal to allow Tenchi's wedding to happen before the series' first episode.

i already read that on twitter its 5 years later so far. like i predicted. same year as the last part of ova 4

:Hap: :vrage: :omgwtf: :really:
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

So excited for this!!! no news yet of a torrent for the episode?

This is where we desperately need some kind of presence on Reddit, they usually have a mod post about links hosting raw scans.

My other guess is the VS Battle Fandom might have some FAQs about where to find raw ISOs.

But even so, you won't find an active seed for a while as the episodes are coming out slowly by disk instead of broadcast straight to TV sets and it is very unlikely that these collector items are going to be leaked to the Internet.

My only other disclaimer is to check with active copyrights in the market, whether it is available through a streaming service, and don't get yourselves in any sort of trouble but simply ask the right people first. Cheers. :)

I have Episode 1 encoded. I am trying to remember how to make a torrent for Nyaa.

Quote from: Ricin on March 04, 2020, 04:53:19 PM
I have Episode 1 encoded. I am trying to remember how to make a torrent for Nyaa.

you had to have an account i think and I know last i checked it was reaaaaaly hard to get one... ive been wanting to make a torrent for the translations but had no luck
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

March 04, 2020, 06:12:22 PM #246 Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 06:21:21 PM by Ricin
I can make the torrent and post it, my account creds are good. I am just wondering if doing this within a week of launch would hurt Japanese sales and lower our chances of for more good shit.

We can make our shit local for a bit. I am still working on it

https://imgur.com/a/fj5ai5a
opening credits spoils two new additions
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

March 04, 2020, 08:47:57 PM #248 Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 08:53:36 PM by GP cadet 87
Quote from: Eff Efferson on March 04, 2020, 07:14:13 PM

Ohhhh, yeah! I couldn't be more excited!:)

Those extra episodes were probably needed to accommodate all that screen time. This really seems like a proper sequel to OVA 3. The cast has balooned exponentionally, and become even MORE confusing to non-Japanese fans lol.

I am holding off from posting the episode on Nyaa for a bit. I do not want to hurt Japanese sales of Tenchi

We could make a 'before you watch OVA V' checklist. Somewhere there is a continuity tree that shows which series to watch in what order.

I think it looks like:

OVA 1
True Tenchi Jurai
True Tenchi Yosho
GXP
True Tenchi Washu
OVA 2
OVA 3
Geminar
OVA 4
Paradise Wars
OVA V

GXP before OVA2 makes no sense as it takes place after the events of OVA 3.

Paradise War might be better served after OVA 5 as well because of timing.

Quote from: Ricin on March 05, 2020, 12:30:00 PM
GXP before OVA2 makes no sense as it takes place after the events of OVA 3.

Paradise War might be better served after OVA 5 as well because of timing.
or... you know if you don't wanna bore them to death.
.... OVA1
photon
OVA2
AGGARUTER (ENGLISH DUB and don't tell them what it is at all lol)
OVA3
DUAL
GXP
ALL THE NOVELS including paradise war
GEMINAR
OVA 5
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Eff Efferson on March 04, 2020, 07:14:13 PM

Quiz Panta.

Quiz Panta?

Quiz Panta.

Maybe Quiz Panta got a tan?

Also, Eff, I think the first three True Tenchi Novels should be on your list before OAV3. They really help people enjoy OAV3.

Okay, Putting this topic back on track.

OVA 5 Ep 1 has been ripped, Encoded, and is with a vendor for subtitles. Expected Delivery is 3/23/20.

As soon as I have them, I will work with Eff to get them reviewed, placed in canonical context and embedded into the video file.
Added bonus they are doing Japanese subs as well for any deaf Japanese.

That is all, back to your regularly scheduled non-sense