OVA 5 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, August 30, 2017, 12:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
She was the head of a magic guild in Renza. She had Married Seina somehow. People have described her as Seina's Mihoshi

OK, so Jovia is part of Seina's harem.

Weird that although everyone has been spelling her name "Jovia", CR spelled it Jobia.

Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on March 08, 2020, 01:17:53 PM
OK, so Jovia is part of Seina's harem.

Weird that although everyone has been spelling her name "Jovia", CR spelled it Jobia.

it seems that way from the doujin her part in the novels isnt really till the next volume
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Yeah, I've wondered about that, with all the Renza fantasy stuff and Jovia being a mage. It's fine for Masaki to want to write fantasy, more power to him, but...

Even with al the craziness of the Tenchiverse, with all the hyper-advanced tech and sapient trees, and the fact that our MC has three goddesses in his harem, adding magic into this setting feels weird.

Don't get me wrong, the jokes involving Jovia were great, and you can always excuse the magic as "Clarke's Third Law". To be fair, Ryoko summoned a "demon" all the way back in ep 4, and it looks like straight up magic to me. So, there's precedent.

Well, since we have 5 eps to go, and several more GXP characters confirmed already, it's safe to say we will see the rest of Seina's "Renza" harem. Judging by Jovia's intro, I'm really looking forward to seeing what Souren and the rest are like.

Eh, GXP anime had "Kazishima" in the credits.

Quote from: GP cadet 87 on March 08, 2020, 02:27:35 PM
Yeah, I've wondered about that, with all the Renza fantasy stuff and Jovia being a mage. It's fine for Masaki to want to write fantasy, more power to him, but...

Even with al the craziness of the Tenchiverse, with all the hyper-advanced tech and sapient trees, and the fact that our MC has three goddesses in his harem, adding magic into this setting feels weird.

Don't get me wrong, the jokes involving Jovia were great, and you can always excuse the magic as "Clarke's Third Law". To be fair, Ryoko summoned a "demon" all the way back in ep 4, and it looks like straight up magic to me. So, there's precedent.

Well, since we have 5 eps to go, and several more GXP characters confirmed already, it's safe to say we will see the rest of Seina's "Renza" harem. Judging by Jovia's intro, I'm really looking forward to seeing what Souren and the rest are like.

magic pretty much already existed in the series... its just called ahou.

QuoteEh, GXP anime had "Kazishima" in the credits.

is it balta.... is it varta.... is it valuta.

this series regualarly has this issue.... shit aggaruter should be translated as Agartha.

the x in GXP is supposed to be silent
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

No worries, same thing happened with Evangelion back in the day. Asuka or Oscar, Shinji or Shinchi?

you know im just gonna say it. its clear why kajishima is relying on heavy exposition.

like we all saw the animation for the jovia scene

we all saw the badly drawn kiriko n other girls in my profile pic

this isnt up to artistic snuff for a tenchi ova episode its practicly on par with the worst animated episodes of the anime... the scene with the dragon the only action wcene of the show gives away a key problem.

clearly aic has no budget. this is  in many ways a glorified storyboard animation.  on par with episode 13.5... clearly aic doesnt have the budget to make tenchi like they used to.

i suspect if anything this is a sort of  intentional bottle episode meant to raise funds for the rest of the series so he kept it to set up exposition and one light action scene. not the first time.... ova 3 episode 1 was mostly reused footage after all... the first few scenes with rea and tennyo were pretty but also just pan shots and stills. and they clearly ran things low budget towards the end.

Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Egads, don't get me started on OVA 3 ep 1. The thumbnail that Funimation used for that episode had everyone thinking it was the original OVA 1 reuploaded.

Ah...a bottle episode. Yeah, that's what this was.

TBH, I was really worried when the first thing we see in the ep was Rea and Baby Kenshi.

I mean, it was a  sweet, but I'm thinking, "Oh God, why are we going BACKWARDS from where OVA 4 left off?" But the episode improved as it went on.

My biggest hope now is that we see the gaps in between the -if- doujns animated. That would make this OVA a huge win, even on a low budget.

Quote from: Eff Efferson on March 07, 2020, 11:09:26 AM
Quote from: Ricin on March 07, 2020, 10:44:06 AM
I am of mixed emotions.

I am happy that we are getting subs.

I am pissed that I have committed a lot of resources to this project.

Well, I can't wait to see what the next episode has to offer.

how the heck are they just gonna sub ova 5 and not 4

Hi folks,

My two cents of the year :D

ANN, on the French version of the news, says : "The 4th series, produced between 2016 and 2017, will soon arrive at Crunchyroll" ;)

[INSERT McLane.gif]

Welcome to the party pal!

Hey Kyarotto. I noticed after a re-read of the English ANN update about Crunchyroll's streaming of season 5, that they are referring to the original 1992 and newest 6 episodes as "OVA" while the 4th season is an "OAV". Granted the terms are interchangeable, who uses OAV these days?

Quote from: WaitoKon on March 10, 2020, 10:51:54 AM
Hey Kyarotto. I noticed after a re-read of the English ANN update about Crunchyroll's streaming of season 5, that they are referring to the original 1992 and newest 6 episodes as "OVA" while the 4th season is an "OAV". Granted the terms are interchangeable, who uses OAV these days?

I'm an old fan and I use OAV all the time. I mean, it still says OAV on my Tenchi poster, ya know? That's just the way it was back in the day!