OVA 5 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, August 30, 2017, 12:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Ricin on June 14, 2020, 10:14:26 AM
Short History of Quis Panta. After the Mikagami went on a pirate killing spree, Seto went into a coma. They made a mirror warrior of her to keep her important role in intelligence and military affairs active. Now that things have calmed down, Quis is her premiere intelligence asset. Using her shape shifting ability and ability to become someone else through intense study (similar to Mimakasa Subaru from food wars) allowing Seto to plan for countermeasures of her enemies.

They are not rivals as much as they are like sisters, because they share each others memories they are extremely close and are both caught up in the same mischief because of that closeness. Both are being dressed down by Ringo because of the cost of the Renza arc story or some non-sense that was probably part of the resolution to the Renza Arc. Ringo is not powerful in many cases, but in the field of the accounts of Jurai ... there is no greater demon. Ringo is not just Seto's accountant, she is the head of the Hyena Corp. Which means if the numbers are wrong your ass his hers.

Quis would be well know to Sasami, Ayeka, and Noike because they are all relatives by adoption or by blood to Seto and as Quis is the head of the local corp (could be an odd translation, might mean Kamiki house's private internal security or intelligence and bodyguard unit) which would be in charge of their security. Quis is unhappy that Sasami spilled the beans to the others about even going to Renza.

As Seto's mirror Warrior she was ultimately supposed to take the fall for the drama and hassle at the Seina's original wedding. Instead Quis escaped to Repeushi and started helping Seina in the Renza Arc.

About why Seto and Quis have to take a tongue lashing about money from Ringo is set up in the novels early on. Seina is rich even in the context of Galactic Nations. Kiriko may be handling his finances on the home front but the money from his capture of 4800+ pirate ships, the incalculable sums of money willed to him by Widow upon her death and whatever other treasures and claims that Seina technically owns is being borrowed from by Seto for other clandestine operations. JURAI HAS BORROWED A LOT OF SEINA'S MONEY. Ringo doesn't mind personally because she knows it strengthens Seina's grip on Seto in he ever needed it, but she will not tolerate money being wasted by Seto. I repeat Ringo is the head of they Hyena Corp for a reason.

I hope that helps explain stuff.

What ricin said.
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

June 14, 2020, 11:52:02 AM #376 Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 12:18:42 PM by GP cadet 87
While I like that that this OVA is tying all the Tenchi related storylines together, I also sort of wish that this that GXP and Paradise War would have been given their own shows, especially Paradise War. While I love that the events of the GXP novels have been canonized and animated, just seeing snippets of them interacting and referencing stuff during the time skip is a painful tease. It's obviously hard to sort out my feelings on this season so far. I'm not bored, angry or disappointed, but not thrilled by what I've seen either.

Showing the Paradise War story line here is taking away from the screen time of the main Tenchi cast. That's really the only major negative I have, besides the lack of comedy and action. I don't mind exposition, but the story needs to be balanced by other, more dramatic/entertaining stuff. Tenchi casually TELEPORTING INTO SPACE AND SUMMONING LIGHT HAWK WINGS LIKE HE'S TOSSING A BASEBALL was like, a minute and a half at most. I know Tenchi is OP as hell, but the scene could've been extended IMHO.

Hopefully we'll see a bit more action for the rest of the season.

So Kuis/Quis is a clone of Seto who can shape-shift? Also, did Sasami/Tsunami help in the Renza event?

Quote from: GP cadet 87 on June 14, 2020, 11:52:02 AM
While I like that that this OVA is tying all the Tenchi related storylines together, I also sort of wish that this that GXP and Paradise War would have been given their own shows, especially Paradise War.

I agree. However, I get the strong sense that Kajishima-sensei isn't interested in having adaptations made of his novels. As I see it, in his mind, he's done these stories in print form, so if folks want to know what happened, they need to buy the novels. We gaijin aren't factored into that thinking.

As such, he takes what was already established in the GPX/Paradise War novels, and then continues from there. Audiences are just expected to have read the novels and understand why characters from Dual! are suddenly on an island with an adult Seina.

Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on June 14, 2020, 12:29:34 PM
So Kuis/Quis is a clone of Seto who can shape-shift? Also, did Sasami/Tsunami help in the Renza event?
I agree. However, I get the strong sense that Kajishima-sensei isn't interested in having adaptations made of his novels. As I see it, in his mind, he's done these stories in print form, so if folks want to know what happened, they need to buy the novels. We gaijin aren't factored into that thinking.

As such, he takes what was already established in the GPX/Paradise War novels, and then continues from there. Audiences are just expected to have read the novels and understand why characters from Dual! are suddenly on an island with an adult Seina.
Wasn't Paradise War the exact opposite of this? It was made hoping AIC would turn it into an anime. I'm pretty sure I remember reading that somewhere, probably one of Kajishima's doujins. I might be misremembering though.

June 14, 2020, 04:15:04 PM #379 Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 04:56:24 AM by antvasima
@Ricin

Thank you for the explanation. Would you be willing to write a character profile page about her in the wiki?
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

OVA 5 does seem to include a major antagonist. OVA 1, 2 and 3 have a major antagonist.  I am a little confused about the details of the main antagonist.  A major antagonist will help OVA 5.

OVA 5 should include a few clues to a future sequel.  The sequel must center around one of Tenchi's sons He does one  confirm son whose mother is Washu. One possible title for the series isTENCHI MUYO! THE NEXT GENERATION.

:whatif: :really: :gtfo: :how:

Quote from: takahata on June 14, 2020, 04:34:00 PM
OVA 5 does seem to include a major antagonist. OVA 1, 2 and 3 have a major antagonist.  I am a little confused about the details of the main antagonist.  A major antagonist will help OVA 5

I'm not sure there will be one. The whole reason Seina's harem is building a house on Earth Masaki lands is because it is the safest place in the universe. And as we saw, it took Tenchi mere moments to deal with a pirate ship that came by. There's no one who can touch Tenchi or his harem.

AIC doesn't have the money to do a proper Tenchi series. That is why OVA 3,4 & 5 are essentially the set-ups and interludes between arcs.

I wish they would just do a proper Tenchi series again. Maybe even do ISM 2 now that they have properly set up Geminar

Quote from: Ricin on June 14, 2020, 09:42:29 PM
AIC doesn't have the money to do a proper Tenchi series. That is why OVA 3,4 & 5 are essentially the set-ups and interludes between arcs.

We're at a point where AIC is, for lack of better comparison, the Gainax in this supposed series continuity. It is appalling that they hit such a good stride with Geminar and Star Blazers 2199 in the early 2010s only to splinter into standalone indie houses like Troyca and whomever else. I'm all for helping Kajishima-san increase visibility of the light novels if it means getting a proper Tenchi anime again, I just don't know how to begin that dialogue.

Just finished episode 1 and 2.....fucking amazing...

1 was good but 2 just hit the shit out the park

We got a GXP reunion, in essence a Dual reunion.....Seina all sexy now....Tenchi just playing with pirates in space like play things...

This was probably the best episode in a very long time

I gotta catch up to whats going on in the novels....Ringo had Seto in check  :staredog:

Who are "Acha-chan" and "Airen-san"? They appear to be part of Seina's harem. But they aren't the original four names of the  Renza Federation babes.

acha- can is the wau  that entered zevie in the novles and is also one of his future wafus, Airen-san think we had a brief introduction of her in the novles don't think they met yet

"'Gotta' get back, back to the FAQ', thought ANB."
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

June 15, 2020, 09:23:18 AM #388 Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 09:34:09 AM by Eboshi
What Seto is planning through Paradise War is her strengthening of power.
First of all, I should say that her philosophy of action has been consistent since it first appeared in GXP anime. Its purpose is to secure overwhelming financial and power not only in the Galactic Federation and GP, but even in Jurai.
However, Seto is not a dictator. Seto has a character similar to that of the 戦国武将(Sengoku-Busyo); Warring States Warlords in Japan. She also has a desire for the peace.
Her behavior:
Seto succeeded in making Seina her subordinate,
She assimilated Ryo-ohki's sister battleship Fuku and Jyurai (Kiriko)'s ship Mizuki, and got one of the strongest battleships in the galaxy,
She also succeeded in marrying her adopted daughter, Noike, to Tenchi in a political fashion.
And in Paradise War, she will give the winner sovereignty of the earth and a seat in the Galactic Federation (...in my memory). However, since the Earth has the strongest Masaki and Yamada family in the universe, it would be impossible for the winner to exercise control. And Seto can exert influence on that one seat.

Quote from: Valmer on June 15, 2020, 03:37:14 AM
acha- can is the wau  that entered zevie in the novles and is also one of his future wafus, Airen-san think we had a brief introduction of her in the novles don't think they met yet

Yeah he hasn't even met airen yet. He's still hasn't met jovia either.
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here