OVA 5 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, August 30, 2017, 12:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
OVA 5 should include a mystery involving what happen to Washu's old friend and colleague Naja. Lady Seto  is likely  Naja's daughter.  I do suspect that Ryoko and Ayeka having  their first two daughters.  The best names  for Ryoko' and Ayeka's daughters are Kiyone and Achika.  Kiyone honors Tenchi's mother from Ryo-Ohki. Achika honors Tenchi's mother from Universe and Tenchi in Tyoko.

:how: :really: :popcorn: :moodswing:

People that are observant know that Seto is Naja or Naja's clone.

There was a part where Komachi was disussing that with Gazura

I was reminded of a question I had about episode 2. Why is Kiriko mentioning Seina marrying four girls when at minimum, he's married to eight girls, right? Or did he not marry the girls from Renza?

I think that due to the other groups that are still waiting to marry seina

At the end of the GXP anime, it seemed as if Seina had married all eight girls. But in the end, does that mean that Seina only married the core four and the rest of the girls are concubines?

Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on June 21, 2020, 02:49:55 PM
At the end of the GXP anime, it seemed as if Seina had married all eight girls. But in the end, does that mean that Seina only married the core four and the rest of the girls are concubines?

No they are planning to marry him it will probably take 100 years for some of the other groups of 4

From what I understand, in space they are his wives. This is just for Earth to have a wife on the paperwork.

Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on June 21, 2020, 02:58:37 AM
I was reminded of a question I had about episode 2. Why is Kiriko mentioning Seina marrying four girls when at minimum, he's married to eight girls, right? Or did he not marry the girls from Renza?

He never even married kiriko amane ryoko and neiju.never made it to the alter. He may have some how ended up married to jovia. Of course we don't know what's happened since gxp isn't done.

But from what I understand  there talking about on earth. Seina will officially marry kiriko on earth the others will be adopted  out of wedlock children there for legal reasons
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

In OVA 4, it is indicated that Seina is married to all eight girls. But then OVA 5 muddies the water.

Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on June 24, 2020, 07:09:50 PM
In OVA 4, it is indicated that Seina is married to all eight girls. But then OVA 5 muddies the water.

we have no concrete idea if he marries the girls at the end of the renza ark yet. but yes you are right it sure does.
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

So I'm finally caught up and I only have two thoughts:

1. They need a budget. I wonder if kickstarter backed by the super fans would have helped these OVAs.

2. What comes next? These OVAs are all about talking to further build this world... but is it leading to anything? Is there a reason we need to know all these characters and their relationships? I'm hoping the next series is less about telling, more about showing.

In general it is always nice to visit the Tenchiverse but I can't shake the feeling that I'm settling for less here.   

June 28, 2020, 12:25:46 PM #431 Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 12:33:13 PM by WaitoKon
They had a budget. They (Anime International) worked with Xebec on Geminar, and did a 2012 re-release with Funimation for the OVA 1 / 2 on BluRay. It is not like Ai Tenchi Muyo drained them.

edit: I should clarify, Funimation apparently did not want to continue doing business in the overseas distribution after Ai Tenchi. According to comments on OVA 5's Crunchyroll page (and a smattering of AnimeNewsNetwork updates) it sounds like the material is in limbo and CR probably has enough Tenchi fans on board to want to host it.

Quote from: WaitoKon on June 28, 2020, 12:25:46 PM
They had a budget. They (Anime International) worked with Xebec on Geminar, and did a 2012 re-release with Funimation for the OVA 1 / 2 on BluRay. It is not like Ai Tenchi Muyo drained them.

Despite this the anime seems cheaply produced. Limited movements, not a lot of background detail, etc.

I  like the ideal of OVA 5 being a sequel of the Ryo-Ohki series.  IF OVA 5 was a sequel, there can be a typical 12 or 13 episode season. Right now, I am wishing that there is a second season of Gemianr and THE NEXT GENERATION.

:why: :shygirl: :how: :yaman: :vrage: :payup:

June 29, 2020, 05:00:56 AM #434 Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 04:29:21 PM by antvasima
I wish that we could have seen some focus on the main Tenchi crew and their antics, especially Ryoko and Mihoshi, but it seems like Kajishima has mostly grown uninterested in them.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki