OVA 5 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, August 30, 2017, 12:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Another observation... looking for something wiki related in ep.2

wait... that fish... Did Seina just put that in his magic storage? (learned in chapter 17)
...in my pants

Mikagami is Gen 2. That is how she was able to get the info from Repushi's core tree, which is 3rd generation.

Quote from: Ricin on September 30, 2020, 11:18:16 AM
Mikagami is Gen 2. That is how she was able to get the info from Repushi's core tree, which is 3rd generation.
ugh my tenchi knowlege is slipping damn covid
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Ricin on September 30, 2020, 11:18:16 AM

I'm pretty sure it is 2nd... I doubt she would have been considered for Empress with a 3rd (and the previous one seemed to really want her to do it), and it would certainly help with her espionage... and storing planetary sized ships in its subspace...  but I'm blanking on the info it got... I remember Fuku/Mizuki influencing Recepshi in the battle with The Big Daruma but the young ones wouldn't care much about information.
...in my pants

Information that was aquired was make up/armament/ crew of various ships and probably schematics of the "Die DaRuma". That explains how they were doing such precision strikes on the engine of the of planetary warship.

I am sure the Information teams would extract information like criminal records and forensic accounting after the fact.

October 01, 2020, 03:23:40 PM #545 Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 03:33:11 PM by Nonsuch Ned
Yeah, I was  right about that part. 12 chp. 4 Seto was riding in the Kamidake/Mizuki for its maiden voyage along with Mitoto & baby Mikage, etc., it was Mizuki getting the info.

...although it just occurred to me, why would Recepshi have data on the Big Daruma? Obviously it did, but there wasn't really a great reason for it. It's not a pirate ship or supposed to be a spy ship and it's supposed to keep to itself. You'd think the Big Daruma would have protections too, so not only did it spy on it, it did a really good job and avoided getting caught I guess it's just best practices, gotta get what info it can get in case their clients double-cross them.

...but they seem to talk about Mikagami being a 2nd generation a few times in chapter 11, comparing Mizuki to Mikagami, seina asks if Mikagami could order Fuku too (but she doesn't work like that or even like Ryo-Ohki).
...in my pants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiLhmb1Hpfk

Trailer for episode 4 is up. It seems like we're getting Kenshi training with the Paradise War cast, and... wait wait, did Shou just bust out a Seikijin? Not gonna lie, I didn't see that coming.

Unfortunately... this also means that we're not getting to Tenchi advancing his relationship with the girls just yet. And just when we thought Tenchi and the girls were finally going be the focus going forward... :orks:
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

The PV, story, and Blu-ray cover of Episode 4 were released on the official website.

Not gonna lie, if it wasn't for Zinv appearing in the trailer, I wouldn't be interested. Seeing Seina's part of the story is definitely something I'm into

War on Geminar releasing over a decade ago really hurt this storyline's impact IMO. If I didn't know where Kenshi's story was heading, I would be 100% into OVA 5. Now I'm just hoping that the last 2 eps will put focus back onto the main TM cast, leaving the door open for OVA 6.

According to the official Twitter, work on the main episode of the animation for episode 4 is over.
There is still work to produce actual products, including Blu-ray, but it seems that the animation work is over.
The schedule was somewhat problematic, but it was said that the staff was able to meet the schedule as a result of their efforts.
Official Twitter say they plan to start working on Episode 5 animation.

https://twitter.com/tenchi4th/status/1315459319102545922/photo/1

Finally watched episode 3 a few days ago. It's the best episode of the bunch so far. I still don't like Seina's new voice. I wonder why they changed it.

Nobody seems to ever talk about the drama CDs that have been coming with each episode of OVA 4 and 5. Does anyone know what their contents are?

I have the first disc somewhere in my room. I will track it down and rip the audio to see if we can get it translated. Between the pandemic and the delays from DHL I have been holding off on shipping the rest of OVA 5

No need to rush getting a translation with how crazy everything is right now. I would appreciate a rip when you have the time though.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on November 15, 2020, 01:17:32 AM
Finally watched episode 3 a few days ago. It's the best episode of the bunch so far. I still don't like Seina's new voice. I wonder why they changed it.

Nobody seems to ever talk about the drama CDs that have been coming with each episode of OVA 4 and 5. Does anyone know what their contents are?

I noticed a couple on youtube a while ago. You can get a general idea by just using YouTube's auto-translate closed captioning feature (the same thing I do with the episode previews). Since the drama is a very simple conversation without talk-over, it's better than some. I think the two I listened to were both discussions with Tokimi. One with Kiriko... the other with Tennyo(?) but they were so inessential, I can't remember at all what they were about.
...in my pants