OVA 5 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, August 30, 2017, 12:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
QuoteThe special edition of the 5th volume of the OVA "" Heaven and Earth Useless! Reikoki "The Second Period" Blu-ray will be released on February 26, 2021. From this volume, the cast of Swordsman Saki will be changed from Yukiko Morishita to Hiro Shimono .

Swordsman Seki (CV: Hiro Shimono)
Swordsman Seki (CV: Hiro Shimono)

View in large size (12 cases in total)

The swordsman is the younger brother of Tenchi Masaki, the main character who is the tracer of Tenchi Masaki. The cast change to Shimono was decided after the character grew up to 12 years old. Shimotsuke, who played the same character in the OVA "Tenchi Muyo! Warrior Story", said, "The story of the Holy Machiner who was involved in the work that supported the youth, and over time, this time," Tenchi Muyo! I would like to publish it in "The Emperor" ...! "

In addition, the benefits of the special edition of Blu-ray Volume 5 of "" Heaven and Earth Useless! One soundtrack CD will be presented on a first-come, first-served basis for each purchase. An image of a three-sided sleeve case drawn by the original author Masaki Kajishima and a digipak drawn by an anime illustration has also been released.

Comment from Hiro Shimono (role

time skip confirmed by 7 years O_O  there reverting to kenshis original VA
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

from the official website summary of the episode

A few years after the heavens and the earth visited Banjojima, the days of training (tags) for swordsmen and the Emperor Wei around the Saki family were as usual. During that short time, changes were coming around the Saki family, and the Swordsman Seki had grown into a junior high school student. At the foot of the pond of the Saki family, the houses of the Yamada family were built in the southwest, the number of people increased, and the swordsmen enjoyed the lively daily life. While the special training for the swordsman continues, not only the members of the Saki family, but also from the tree thunder, Funao Saki, and various other people are all visiting the earth for "for the cute swordsman". is there.
There was another reason why the group visited the Earth Saki family ..
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

A lot of this season has revolved around Kenshi yet he hasn't been on a single Blu Ray cover.

Since it looks like we are skipping Tenchi's wedding what will the last episode be about? I assume that it will either end with Kenshi being sent to Geminar, or it could start with Kenshi being sent away and we see everyone watching WoG.

Quote from: Eff Efferson on December 18, 2020, 05:40:42 PM
time skip confirmed by 7 years O_O  there reverting to kenshis original VA
Was Kenshi really only 5 in these last couple episodes? Nice to see his original seiyuu return. I like Kenshi's VA a lot.

If they hadn't spent two weeks on Banjo Island... and brought those girls to the house so they can stick around, my guess HAD been that the last episode would end with them bringing him BACK.

Now, I think the last two will be a combo of further training (Kazuhito sword-training could be fun- he hasn't even taught Tenchi this secret style) and continuing the other talked about issue of the first two episodes, building and settling Seina's house; the creation of the "Earth Masaki Family."

If it ends with a wedding, it will be a successful one of Seina's,
It could be huge, imagine the guest list. Because of their relationship with Seina, the imperial family can even come without having to acknowledge Yosho's existence.

...in my pants

Quote from: Nonsuch Ned on December 18, 2020, 08:21:33 PM
If they hadn't spent two weeks on Banjo Island... and brought those girls to the house so they can stick around, my guess HAD been that the last episode would end with them bringing him BACK.

Now, I think the last two will be a combo of further training (Kazuhito sword-training could be fun- he hasn't even taught Tenchi this secret style) and continuing the other talked about issue of the first two episodes, building and settling Seina's house; the creation of the "Earth Masaki Family."

If it ends with a wedding, it will be a successful one of Seina's,
It could be huge, imagine the guest list. Because of their relationship with Seina, the imperial family can even come without having to acknowledge Yosho's existence.

We should find AIC headquarters mailing address and all of us should send a barrage of letters angrily demanding they give tenchi's wedding an episode cause i swear to sasami if they never show it
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

If Kajashima made Wedding outfit pics for all the girls and there is no wedding in Episode 6 ... We dropped bombs on Japan before. This is surely justifable.

Uh, why threaten a company that's most likely going to give us what we've wanted for a long time? :Hek:

Quote from: deadspacepirate on December 19, 2020, 09:14:18 AM
Uh, why threaten a company that's most likely going to give us what we've wanted for a long time? :Hek:
Because actual logic dictates that we're most likely not getting what we've wanted for a long time. TLDR version: The timeskip passes the part of the timeline when Tenchi's wedding happens.

If you need a further explanation: As Based Fap pointed out, we've got a 7 year timeskip coming. According to the timeline at the Wikia, the events of the previous episode are around 2002 or 2003 in the timeline, Kenshi being sent to Geminar happens around 2010, and Tenchi's wedding happens between 2003 and 2010.

And when you do the math... 2003 + 7 = 2010. Which means we won't be getting Tenchi's wedding unless, for example, the next episode ends with Kenshi being sent off, and then the final episode goes backwards in the timeline to show us Tenchi's wedding. The question is, will they actually go backwards in the timeline for the finale?

Somehow, I doubt it. :(
Quote from: Ricin on December 18, 2020, 11:54:15 PM
If Kajashima made Wedding outfit pics for all the girls and there is no wedding in Episode 6 ... We dropped bombs on Japan before. This is surely justifable.
I've got my personal army of Banzai Bills ready. Just let me know when to send those bad boys out. :emot-smugdog:

Really though... AIC should just let Kajishima helm whatever anime we get next directly. That way, we won't run into this "okay, let's just focus on other plot points and avoid letting the fans see Tenchi's wedding" bologna like we keep getting. And that's what this is at this point... bologna. We had to deal with it in OVA 4, and now it looks like OVA 5 is playing the same card. It's even worse this time because unlike OVA 4, they actually hinted at Tenchi and the girls getting their relationship upgrade here... but it happened off screen. And now we're likely not even gonna get to see the wedding.

...you know what, forget it. I'm sending the Banzai Bills out now. :doom:
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

I wanna see the kids from both sides actually. 

Quote from: WarOmnimon on December 19, 2020, 06:55:51 PM
According to the timeline at the Wikia, the events of the previous episode are around 2002 or 2003 in the timeline, Kenshi being sent to Geminar happens around 2010
The timeline is off then because Kenshi is 15 when he is sent to Geminar. He is only 12 in the upcoming episode.

Quote from: WarOmnimon on December 19, 2020, 06:55:51 PM
AIC should just let Kajishima helm whatever anime we get next directly. That way, we won't run into this "okay, let's just focus on other plot points and avoid letting the fans see Tenchi's wedding" bologna like we keep getting.
It's funny that you think Kajishima isn't the problem here. There is no way in hell that AIC is the one forcing Kajishima to make these 6 episodes about Kenshi's training AND to make 2 of those episodes tie-ins with a novel series they have nothing to do with. AIC has plenty of blame in the current state of the franchise, but Kajishima is solely to blame for the show revolving almost entirely around stuff from his novels.

Quote from: Ricin on December 18, 2020, 11:54:15 PM
a useless point for this comment seems appropriate
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

December 19, 2020, 11:26:04 PM #596 Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 11:29:44 PM by WarOmnimon
Quote from: Ryo-Okay on December 19, 2020, 08:13:01 PM
The timeline is off then because Kenshi is 15 when he is sent to Geminar. He is only 12 in the upcoming episode.
Okay then... let's backtrack. This actually means that we still have a chance of getting Tenchi's wedding, because that would put us in 2007. Which means the timeline isn't necessarily off (We know the wedding is between 2003 and 2010). I didn't see a mention that Kenshi was 12 in the next episode anywhere in this thread until now, though. Remember, missing data leads to all attempts at using logic being defeated, and that's what happened here. Missing data, logic was defeated.

As for my comments about AIC and Kajishima after that, I tend to feel a bit jaded whenever I run into a situation where logic points towards inconsistencies. I work on logic by nature, and I get a bit triggered whenever logic points in a direction that it shouldn't... which usually happens because of missing data. This has actually led to some personal drama for me in the past (Not here, but IRL), hence why I get a bit triggered whenever it happens.

With that in mind, I feel no need to address your response to my comments about AIC and Kajishima in that case, as that was just me feeling, well... jaded. We're good. Thanks for the clarification. :)

Doesn't change the fact that I've still got my Banzai Bills on standby in case we need them, LOL.
Quote from: Eff Efferson on December 19, 2020, 09:12:12 PM
a useless point for this comment seems appropriate
+1 for Ricin, then. Consider my good deed for today done.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

A little confession, somehow I missed the posts about the time skip, so I didn't actually put that into consideration. Oops. I was responding to Ryo-Okay as if that hadn't been revealed.

And while I'm proud of my work on the timeline (I'm the one responsible for updating it from the one that may have been 10 years old), All the times after 2000 are bigger guesses than those before. If I were to judge on the timeline of how long I think it should take for Banjo Island to be terraformed, I'd actually guess a couple years later.... but I cut it  back because "Sasami"- if it were 2004-2005, Sasami  would be around 20-21 in the recent episodes... that didn't seem right. She looks like she's like 17... but that would be even earlier.
...in my pants

There is a new preview video out for episode 5:

https://youtu.be/PMWGvQ5-jWk
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki