OVA 5 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, August 30, 2017, 12:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
They didn't make an effort to spell it out.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Quote from: WarOmnimon on April 17, 2021, 02:40:33 PM
And yup, calling it now. Seikishi Monogatari Season 2 is gonna be the first new entry in the series that will come out of AIC and Toei's newfound business partnership. Unless we get OVA 6 first (Which wouldn't surprise me given that next year is Tenchi Muyo!'s 30th anniversary), that is.
I really hope that you are right, and we don't simply get various irrelevant spin-offs.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Yoshi's grandparents Kaziki and Amame are in OVA 5.  I was only slightly puzzle over the color of Amame's hair. When it comes to how Airi and Yosho are married. Their marriage is a Common-in-law marriage.

:end: :how: :Hap: :Ryoohki:

A second promo for episode 6  has been released. No CC included, so no easy subs  available.
maybe 1/4 new short clips- more Kenshi training, a bit about Tokimi sending him over...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86QJ_3v5CGw

Google translating the about text shows a strong emphasis on this being the final episode of the season.... which may mean my guess about a 7th episode special may be wrong.
...in my pants

April 30, 2021, 03:05:30 PM #664 Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 03:08:46 PM by GP cadet 87
Ugh.. not gonna lie, not liking how the entire trailer focuses on Kenshi's training, again. Jesus, the last two episodes were more than enough to show why Kenshi was so uber-badass on Geminar.

WAR ON GEMINAR CAME OUT TWELVE YEARS AGO, WE DON'T NEED ALL THIS SET UP!

Seriously though, OVAs 4+5 have focused way too much on being prequels, instead of moving Tenchi's story along.

This episode makes the OVA 5 series into a prequel for War on Geminar.  The episode can still end with Tenchi noticing some stork feathers in his dreams. I do want to see a second War on Geminar series. 

As a fan, I will like the second War on Geminar series as well as a sequel to the Ryo-Ohki seires.  I have came call a possible sequel TENCHI MUYO!  THE NEXT GENERATION.  My ideal for TM! TNG focuses on one of Tenchi's sons as the male protagonist while the female protagonist is the main character.  To date, only one harem had the female protagonist as the MC.  That series was TO LOVE RU DARKNESS. Yet the series as the first harem to have a female MC is up to any anime fan.  For a harem series to a have a female MC, it must have a large part of the series from the female MC's point of view.

:popcorn: :frustrated: :huhm: :fun: :bombed:

from the trailer looks like we get so see asusa trainning kenchi

Quote from: Valmer on May 02, 2021, 06:03:46 PM
from the trailer looks like we get so see asusa trainning kenchi

Odd thing about that though... I'm pretty sure a number of the royal family could kick his ass, particularly Misaki- but maybe Funaho and his own mother and kids too- so while he's obviously a badass in his own right, he may be a downgrade in training.
The same could possibly be said about Tenchi.
Tenchi said it himself (although a few years before)- he doesn't stand a chance against Ayeka and Sasami when sparing on equal footing. Yeah, "He's a god, yada, yada, yada," but that mainly has to do with conscious and unconscious power, immortality, and invulnerability. He can survive unprotected in space- but it was shown pretty quickly that Yosho didn't consider him any sort of sword master (although-  writers other than Kajishima tried to portray that differently).
...in my pants

I'm glad that AIC told us before OAV4 that seasons 4 and 5 would focus on Kenshi. It helped soften the blow. While loving Kenshi and Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari, I am profoundly saddened that Kajishima lost interest in his original cast before seasons 4 and 5 were made. I am very excited that Toei can hopefully infuse some money into this property, and a season 2 of InSM would, potentially, be a cool consolation prize. Although I'm certain it would focus on his newer cast of milfs instead of the established characters. Most of my hype would be for Kenshi vs Dagmyer-as-main-villain and, of course, Kenshi returning home and making his dramatic decision to stay in Geminar. If I got those two things out of it I'd be pretty happy.

Last episode up on Crunchyroll.
:end:

No announcements at the end, no videos on their Youtube page. I don't monitor Twitter, but it seems like they're letting things sit as they are right now.

I'd say the episode was largely "you get what you expected." As I suspected (but worried they might skip), no formal weddings but that doesn't mean they're letting that get in the way of "Business."
So nice to see the first three kids... even if we still don't get names.

Little things to quibble about. Some nice little details.
Rea at the end was a nice touch.
I'm glad they didn't try to replicate the dialogue used at the beginning of Geminar.
Story-wise, I think it's a little weak that the first episode introduced us to Tennyo investigating what Kiyone had found out and never returning to it. I was expecting something.
...in my pants

May 27, 2021, 10:24:11 PM #670 Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 02:00:44 AM by GP cadet 87
Gotta say, I have mixed feelings about this ep.

What hurt this whole OVA season is that Geminar came out over a decade ago. The final scene of the ep loses a lot of its power since we know what happens during Kenshi's adventures in Geminar. Had this come out thirteen years ago, would've been a HUGE cliffhanger to end on.

Lots of nice moments in the ep though that on the whole, made it good. Seeing everyone training Kenshi was a nice touch, since we got to see the ENTIRE cast one last time. That last spar between Kenshi and Tenchi was very nice; we get to see how far both Misaki men have come.

Great to see Tenchi's kids, if briefly. Sucks we didn't see the wedding, but at least the harem route has been officially canonized for the granddaddy of all harem anime, which is a big milestone for us older fans.

Hopefully, two things happen in the near future; GXP gets a reboot. Every time Seina and his wives showed up, it's a reminder that the GXP anime is NOTHING like the OVA/novels, and that's just sad.

Also, of course. we get an OVA 6. where we focus on the Masaki family story, not just waste set up for something that came out over a decade ago.

When Rea broke down

I just.....

:neg: :neg: :neg: :neg: :neg:

Great ending episode to the best season since 2 easily, hell I think I liked this one better than 2....Tenchi is a beast and I loved how they saved him as the final boss for Kenshi's training....we also got confirmation that was indeed Tokimi who gave Kenshi the lighthawkwing power up he used against Gaia.

The ending twist is great, we all assumed Kenshi would just live out his life on geminar but knowing he has a legit way back home, we definitely should be getting a War on geminar season 2 cause that evil dude's son was still alive.

The guys have all grown up so much, Tenchi a family man....Seina is a Chad boss and Kenshi doing his thing finally connecting WoG.

Looking forward to OVA 6

May 29, 2021, 03:03:53 PM #672 Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 03:10:41 PM by WaitoKon
I'm not sure why in the newest episode's beginning montage, Kenshi has onsen bath activities with Ryo-Ohki's sibling, unless they were mirroring Ryoko trying to impress Tenchi in the outdoor spring from the OVA 1 days?

Pregnancies wise, not to give away spoilers but am confused how only one of the waifus has a ??? I would think Mihoshi would have caught up by that point!

Hear me out on this. OVA 6 episode 1 will probably rewind back to Tenchi's wedding and show us what went down there. After all, OVA 5 episode 5 did rewind back to Tenchi's talk with the girls at the end of OVA 5 episode 3 (Which we didn't get to see all of at first; was it episode 3? Someone remind me if I'm wrong here)... so there's nothing stopping them from rewinding to Tenchi's wedding (Which we didn't get to see in OVA 5; we got to see the political talk that allowed the wedding, but that's about it) and kicking OVA 6 off on the right foot.

With Toei now co-owning Tenchi, at least OVA 6 and WoG Season 2 are definitely going to happen. I will be surprised if we get only one of the two or we don't get neither. There are no more financial issues holding things back, so there's no excuse to not do both anymore. LET'S GO- :emot-smugdog:
Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on May 29, 2021, 12:57:50 AM
When Rea broke down

I just.....

:neg: :neg: :neg: :neg: :neg:

Great ending episode to the best season since 2 easily, hell I think I liked this one better than 2....Tenchi is a beast and I loved how they saved him as the final boss for Kenshi's training....we also got confirmation that was indeed Tokimi who gave Kenshi the lighthawkwing power up he used against Gaia.

The ending twist is great, we all assumed Kenshi would just live out his life on geminar but knowing he has a legit way back home, we definitely should be getting a War on geminar season 2 cause that evil dude's son was still alive.

The guys have all grown up so much, Tenchi a family man....Seina is a Chad boss and Kenshi doing his thing finally connecting WoG.

Looking forward to OVA 6
^ All of this.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

May 29, 2021, 08:23:23 PM #674 Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 08:29:34 PM by Nonsuch Ned
Quote from: WaitoKon on May 29, 2021, 03:03:53 PM
I'm not sure why in the newest episode's beginning montage, Kenshi has onsen bath activities with Ryo-Ohki's sibling, unless they were mirroring Ryoko trying to impress Tenchi in the outdoor spring from the OVA 1 days?
You mean Fuku?
I'm pretty sure that's Ryo-Ohki. (Fuku has a white ponyail that goes all the way down to her feet). I think the implication between that bath and the later one with Tennyo is just that Kenshi has to be made to clean properly, as he's one of those boys who would rather just stay dirty.

The pregnancy order seems to be following the IF order. Ryoko, Ayeka, Ryo-Ohki... Mihoshi and Noike have kids almost at the same time.... which raises questions.

Quote from: WarOmnimon on May 29, 2021, 08:22:10 PM
Hear me out on this. OVA 6 episode 1 will probably rewind back to Tenchi's wedding and show us what went down there. After all, OVA 5 episode 5 did rewind back to Tenchi's talk with the girls at the end of OVA 5 episode 3 (Which we didn't get to see all of at first; was it episode 3? Someone remind me if I'm wrong here)... so there's nothing stopping them from rewinding to Tenchi's wedding (Which we didn't get to see in OVA 5; we got to see the political talk that allowed the wedding, but that's about it) and kicking OVA 6 off on the right foot.
I don't think there has been an actual wedding. they're letting the blessing work as a de facto acceptence and letting it be known that things are fine "as if" they were fully married, until politics allow formal weddings to occur (Yosho revealing his existence, mainly).
...in my pants