Make sure to Pre-Order your Blu Rays (Super Savings inside!)

Started by Dr.Soviet, December 05, 2012, 08:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I stand corrected, bluray review has a review of both releases and while I have not compared the movie captures, the OVA transfer actually looks pretty damn good. At least compared to the old scene rip [Yousei] I have. The most noticeable difference in the black levels & amount of grain. So while I cannot compare it to the actual Japanese discs, it does appear to be visually better than what we've lived with for the last couple years. Still not thrilled over their idea of acceptable sacrifices thou... damned funimation. :doom:

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/164496/

December 19, 2012, 09:41:11 PM #16 Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 09:52:39 PM by Tenchi Ryu
Yea, it does look a tad cleaner. I also notice that the saturation levels are higher on Funi's version, but that's not really a bad thing here, especially if you prefer a brighter scene. But I wouldn't considered it a night and day difference, but its pretty impressive to say the least. And them missing the Mihoshi Special (as well as most likely the animated music videos) is just a crime. Oh well, I'll just stick to the japanese Blu Ray rips for now, HDMI'ing the laptop to the HDTV has worked all this time, see no need to stop. That and since I'm not really into the whole "collector" scene, some MKVs/MP4s is enough for me.

Reminds me of the Yu Yu Hakusho Blu Ray upscales they did that were actually very good. If only they could be more consistent.