C102 - Omatsuri Zenjitsu no Yoru Tenchi Ban 23.08

Started by BobSchlotkin, August 15, 2023, 05:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I received 23.08 about 2 hours ago.
Here is the initial scan: https://e-hentai.org/g/2643247/960269b9de/

I'll try to get a translation up in a couple of days.

Enjoy!
BoB
If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway!

Well that took WAY too bloody long. Mostly because I always forget how long it's gonna take me to translate all the damn names!

Anyhoo, Here is my take on the translation for 23.08. There are a couple of names I just don't have and a couple of areas that make absolutely no sense at all! Enjoy!

01-FC
The Night Before the Restival Tenchi version 23.08

■Preface■
This is the second part of Tenchi Muyo's fifth phase setting.
As mentioned in the first part of this article, there are a wide variety of references for settings, including a fair amount of backgrounds, as shown in the figure above. The "Tenchi Muyo GXP Paradise Starting Arc," which is currently in progress, includes a large amount of rough setting pictures as well as the storyboard drawings. The above picture is a part of the living room of the Yamada family built across the pond from the Masaki family's house. To the left of the room is a sunroom of the same size, which serves mainly as a play and study area for the children. When Kiriko and her friends are not working, they hang out in this living room, the adjacent kitchen, or the Masaki family's room. In fact, as Kiriko and her team say in the play, the house is not large enough for the number of people in it, since they do not often stay in their private rooms to do anything.
As an overview of the house, the second floor consists of the southwest study, all the bedrooms, and closets. However, since the birth of their child, they have been sleeping on a futon on the first floor. There is a large bath on the basement floor, but since our children have grown up, it has naturally become a men's only bath, since we are all boys. Tenchi, Kenshi, Nobuyuki, Katsuhito, and others also bathe here, and the floating baths are reserved for the female members of the Masaki and Yamada families.

Top right
Amane and Ryoko's casual wear for Earth. These are actually maternity clothes as well. Amane's has the waist belt removed and Ryoko's is made of a very stretchy material.

Bottom left
These clothes look like they are from Earth, but they are specially made in house using space technology, tailored to the individual's body shape and characteristics. Of course, the same is true for underwear, etc., but for everyday wear, they buy Earth-made clothing from Yamada Shoten. However, they are customized by applying special treatment to the cloth for the purpose of use or for certain parts of the body.

Kiriko's GP everyday clothes.
Since returning from Renza, Seina and the others have all risen through the ranks and are now in officer-class uniforms. Kiriko, in particular, is a liaison with the Renza leadership, and is therefore of considerable rank not only as a member of the Jurai royal family, but also as a member of the GP. Kiriko is superior to Seina outside of the Kamidake, and since she is on loan from Jurai, her uniform has the Jurai design on it.

Top right
This is the common uniform of the Renza team.
Since their status as princesses of Renza has not been announced after their return from Renza, their position in the GP remains unchanged as assistants to Seina. However, the pattern on the back of the uniform indicates that they are from Renza.

Bottom left
Although she has been removed from her position as Seto's lady-in-waiting, she is still Seina's direct subordinate and assistant to Tsukiko, so she still has access to her former department, or rather, has increased contact with deeper departments.

Karen's personal attire.
After returning from Renza she is still the team leader ・・・・・・, or rather, the most decent one, so she is still in a poor position. She is also in charge of the household chores of the Yamada family together with Kiriko and Miki, who are of the same type.

Gyokuren personal attire.
Of the four, Gyokuren was the most difficult to deal with until the very end, but in the end, all four returned home together. In that sense, Kiriko is the one who suffered the most. Gyokuren's mentality has been completely stabilized and the landmines have been removed, but her personality remains the same, so Karen is still having a hard time.

Hakuren's personal attire.
After Washu's bio-adjustment, Hakuren's behavior is no longer as outlandish as before, but she still has some of the same characteristics as before, and Kiriko and her team have concluded that she was always a natural screw-up. Since the Masaki family next door have Mihoshi, the most screwed-up of all screwed-up kids, she is in the category of a sensible person, but as proof of being in the same category, she has the unique ability not to get caught up in any of Mihoshi's screw-ups.

Top right
Suiren personal attire.
Suiren had the worst modifications and was on the verge of becoming a cripple, but Washu's bio-adjustment has stabilized her. She admired Seto, but after the bio-adjustment, her talent blooms unexpectedly.

Bottom left
In a sense, his talent is both admirable and hostile. However, he is useful in the Yamada family (mainly in the family side), and is a favorite of Yoshiko's.

Top right
Kuis Panta's Juraian attire.
Unlike Seto, she wears clothes other than Juraian because of her position as an intelligence officer. However, she is not a conspicuous ・・・・・・, or rather, she is a sober type, so she chooses chic clothes so as not to stand out and be seen as a bad guy. She doesn't wear Gothic Lolita, and she doesn't have that kind of taste either. Well, she might dare to wear it to be accepted or to be harassed, though.

Bottom left
Especially for Seina, the damage would be too much. ------ but with Kuisu's image, leather bondage and a whip might be more acceptable than gothic lolita. Well, if there is one drawback, it is the poor chicken galabodie, but that depends on the design, doesn't it? After Seina and his family returned to Japan, the workload increased, but thanks to Seina, his subordinates (wives), who have been forced to grow up thanks to Seina, are now able to take over for him, and Kuisu herself has become relatively free. So, she goes to Seina's place to kill time. After all, there are a lot of toys such as Jovia and Myron.

What was a bit troublesome about the fifth season of Tenchi was that it was a story about Kenshi's growth. Sasami and Ryo-Ohki also grew up depending on the scene, and there was also the construction of the Yamada house, which was a bit complicated to coordinate. In particular, Sasami's forehead design changed, and I forgot to check it. ・・・・・・ Also, I was a little disappointed that since Kenshi was the main character, I could not depict the story from Sasami and Ryo-Ohki's point of view and their life in elementary and junior high school. Just thinking about it, there was a lot going on just from Aeka's point of view as the guardian of the new students, such as the fact that the costumes she wears are super expensive and made by Aeka herself, the story of Sasami's school uniform (Aeka couldn't stand the fact that the design had to be re-tailored, and in fact the designated uniform was made by Yamada Shoten, so...), and the story of Sasami's own school uniform. Sasami's homemade bento lunches are amazing, and stories about cooking classes and the three-star restaurant where they tried to have a coffee shop at the festival. Sasami is also a spear master, so there will be a story about a club playing "Sangoku Musou" in a certain club activity. I also wanted to tell a story about working part-time at the growing Yamada store.

Below is the uniform shirt shared by all the Karen's group except Gyokuren.
They also wear a common haori (coat) in Masaki Village.
Karen and her friends are forced to join the Masaki Ladies' Association when they become Seina's fiancées, and the position of the men in Masaki Village is becoming more and more difficult to understand. ......

The banner that hangs behind the bride and groom at weddings is used by the Jurai royal family, and was also used at Nobuyuki and Rea's wedding. Although Nobuyuki is not officially a member of the royal family, he was given special permission because he is Kiyone's husband and Tenchi's father. The design is of a sword and shield, and the meaning is simple: attack and defense, literature and military arts. Well, Jurai has the image of being a bunch of brawny guys, and in fact, there were a lot of them, but Seto changed that image. Also, the reason why Takeshi did not go out of control is because of the Imperial Tree, which basically hates fighting. (Can't find that name!)

At the wedding, Karen, Amane, and Miki, who are not related to the bride and groom, served as hostesses, but when the ceremony was over and the banquet began, Gyokuren served as hostess for the Jurai emperors, because she has the highest position among the hostesses. Although Gyokuren was not suitable for entertaining the men, there were many guard dogs nearby, and Gyokuren herself had become Seina's wife and was mentally stable, so it was okay, right? So, we decided to go with Gyokuren. For these reasons, Gyokuren was dressed differently from the others, wearing a very revealing outfit for the reception.

Kiriko's wedding outfit.

Top right
Kiriko wears a Masaki haori over it. The Masaki haori is worn by the members of the Masaki Village, an auxiliary organization of the Masaki family, and is not normally worn by Kiriko, who is now a full-fledged member of the royal family. However, Kiriko is wearing it because she is a low-ranking member of the guests at this wedding.

Middle right
Nakita is also dressed in a rough outfit to match Mikami's.
However, the blouse underneath is the academy's uniform, so the formalities are proper.

Bottom left
Thinking about it, it would have been nice if we could have depicted how Tenchi and his family decided to get married and
Well, in the case of the Kuramitsu family, Misao had done a lot of things, and Mihoshi herself had a past, so the relatives thought that they might not be able to get married properly.
Mikami and Mitoto are in favor of the project, so there was no way I could go against them.

Mitoto's GP regular uniform.
When she left for Earth for a wedding, she was banned by her entire family from cleaning the house, but she simply said, "Oh, I'm a little curious about that place..." and disappeared. When she came to, she was found in the middle of Amame and Kenshi's chase. Incidentally, later in the ceremony, both daughter and son are now settled, and it's Seina's fault ...... Thanks to her, the military department has become very busy, so her husband, Nakita, is told by Mikami to come up with a plan ・・・・・・.

Amame's attire.
Since she left the royal family after her marriage, she has been wearing only GP-type outfits. Her husband, Kazuki, says, "I don't think you need to worry about it," but she doesn't wear anything, not even royalty-related designs. I have customized the GP costume for my own use, and I am ready for battle at any time. And she uses Jurai silk for underwear.

Jurai Emperor Azusa's costume is a rare private one. The usual formal attire is too exaggerated for an informal gathering, and the kimono underneath is too rough, so a simple jacket is used to give a certain dignity to the occasion.
Seto's costume is a simplified version.
Anyway, I was trying to lighten the burden of drawing for a wedding ceremony since so many people would be attending, and I didn't want it to look too impersonal. I also thought that the usual costumes of the Jurai Emperor were not appropriate for the celebration because they were a kind of armor. ・・・・・・ It also didn't fit in the small Japanese-style room.

Top right
Funaho's attire.
The outfit is calm and graceful, and the color palette is austere to match Azusa's outfit. She looks like a grandmother visiting from the countryside.
As expected, Funaho was the most pleased with this marriage. What has been quite a struggle up to this point has now begun to move in a positive direction. Funaho has established her current position by her own efforts, so even though she has been struggling, she has not been oppressed, and, well, she has been forced to tighten up in various ways.

Bottom left
When Yosho's survival is announced, Jurai will be at its peak, and Funaho will leave her mark on Jurai's history. From that point on, Funaho will become a goodwill ambassador to the Earth Union, where she will spend her time relaxing with her descendants.

Misaki's attire.
She is very active and lighter than Funaho. When she learned of Aeka and her family's marriage, she immediately went to Earth and tried to stay until the ceremony. She was captured by Seto's female army in a "Ryo-Ohki and Fuku-chan's Decoy Operation," and reluctantly returned to Jurai with tears in her eyes after her parents' sermon and Funaho, Sasami, and Aeka's persuasion.

The Bride's side of the family chose from among the existing settings that looked good for the wedding.
Looking back, I remember that during Tenchi's first season, I used to change outfits on different days, even within the same episode. But after the second season, I tried to use the same clothes unless there was a special event. It was very hard to come up with designs, and since we didn't have digital technology back then, the variety of colors was overwhelmingly limited. It was always a lot of work for the color designer. ------ How many times did I think this color was good, only to be told, "There's no shadow color for that?"・・・・・・ Well, it was a good thing that they were all familiar with the Masaki family, so it was a good thing.
Tenchi wore sweaters and short sleeves, and the girls wore the same design but in different colors.

Ryo-Ohki's costume.
Ryo-Ohki has grown up mentally and emotionally, so I thought about making an original costume for her, but it didn't seem to fit. I thought it would be better to change the color a little.

Top left
Tenchi, the groom, is already orthodox with a white shirt and black suit pants. But the top is his usual cloak.
Rea was dressed in a chic suit. Normally, she would not have been allowed to participate in the wedding ceremony as she was at Kiyone's funeral, but she was allowed to attend because Nobuyuki was now considered a quasi-royal and she was officially married to him as well as being related to Kensh. Well, everyone involved in the ceremony was enthusiastic about raising Kenshi, and Tenchi himself was more like an older sister than a celestial maiden, so no one will object to it now. (WTF!) Incidentally, although Rea is from another world, Geminar is treated as an early civilization, so she is in the same special category as Funaho, Seina, Kukoma Shou, Myron, and Jovial.

Now ・・・・・・ finally, Tenchi and his ladies are getting married, and I feel like I've reached the end of the line, but I have to admit that when I started Tenchi, I never thought it would come to this point. I started Tenchi as a harem, but I also thought I had to choose one person in the end. No, really. I didn't think it would go this far, so I was optimistic and thought, "Let's just leave it at that."

Bottom right
However, the gap between the two series continued, and we found ourselves at a point where we felt we had no choice but to talk about marriage. Seina even got married in the TV series, and I thought it was impossible to let it go any further. Well, I don't mind Tenchi getting married, and in this day and age, harems are not uncommon. In the first place, our great predecessor "General Inokope" (???) had already married two people, so there was no need to hesitate now. ・・・・・・ It was a good idea, but then I realized that I had to convince Tenchi, the key person in the situation. Gasp! So I thought of various possible situations and came up with this plan. I was thinking of all kinds of situations. Fortunately, no one on the bride's side thought polygamy was a problem, so I thought of a good situation. I thought that Tenchi and Ryo-Ohki and the others would be in the mood for it, and that they would feel refreshed in a different environment with a sense of openness... ...well, I think it all came together well, despite my poor planning. Anyway, I would like to thank everyone who has been with me this far. Thank you very much. Oh, but the world of Tenchi continues.

Top right
This is a collection of rough drawings of Tenchi's fifth season.
The reason why Meow and the others are in the back is because there was only a front view in the illustration, Nya. They were suddenly called out and used as decoys for the magical beasts.
I'm not so lucky to be used as a decoy for a hexenbiest!

Top left
Jovia!
I can't forgive you!
And then I thought...
Nyahaha! You'll be punished
I got it.
As I thought, idiots will perish.
Well, that's all for this time.
Bye bye.

Middle
Tenchi Muyo Fifth Period Design Reference Collection, Part II

Bottom
With the fifth Tenchi Muyo season, "Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki" is complete, or perhaps it is more accurate to say that the first part is complete. In any case, "Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki" itself is no longer a stand-alone work, since multiple works such as "Tenchi Muyo GXP" and "Seikishi Monogatari" share the same worldview as Tenchi. It has become a big epic called "Tenchi Muyo Saga," or rather, it has become so... Therefore, the word "completion" has become meaningless. The sixth phase of GXP (?), which is currently in progress, is more like a category of GXP, and GXP will come to an end here. And then, Masaki Tenchi and Yamada Seina will leave the stage and start "Tenchi Muyo Paradise War" with Kukoma Shou as the main character.Unfortunately, we don't know if we can do it yet, but if we don't, we won't be able to proceed. The major flow of the Tenchi story is that the battle on the island is over and Shou and Myron are going to space as representatives of the Earth Alliance. In the meantime, Seina will stay in hiding on Earth until the negotiations between Renza and the Galactic Federation, and until the interests of each nation are established, and Yosho's survival will be announced after that. I think that the production of animation can not be done by personal opinion alone. So, for the time being, I'm going to keep an eye on it, or rather, I'm going to have to do something about the novels here,・・・・・・. No, seriously, I'm going to try to do something about it.
Kajishima Masaki

August 15, 2023, 09:33:38 AM #2 Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 10:04:50 AM by Nonsuch Ned
QuoteWell, if there is one drawback, it is the poor chicken galabodie...
:duck:

Hmmm... So that WAS considered a "wedding" and not a wedding announcement.
...The groom was in jeans...
It doesn't quite make sense to me. Too informal and full of people who are state secrets.

"Emperor Jurai, where were you?"
--"We attended a wedding."
"Oh, where was that?
--"...I can't say."
"of whom?""
--"Royals, of course."
"Huh? I thought I would have heard about that? Who was it?"
--"Um, well... My... uh... hmmmm, and uh... can't say. Oh, Noike! She was a bride! She's not a secret!... but don't ask me about her ship."
"Will there be pictures?"
--"Classified"
...in my pants

Bob, ty for bringing this to us. I really appreciate it.

"tori galabodii"? Got me. Context seems to imply Kr K was thinking the characters were a bit too thin. Something along the lines of chicken-legged in English.

Seems like Mr K has some ideas for some additional filler. Animated Sasami Stories? Yes, plz.

I'd also be down for more Kuramitsu family background. 4th TTM novel when?

Page 12 (not specified but shown).

Page 14 top right looks to be pasted from page 13. I believe it should be:

"Mikami's proper outfit for Mihoshi's wedding, but it's a private affair at this stage, so I'm trying to make it look proper and not showy."

I like Karen and Gyokuren's casual outfits.

It's interesting that in the past some color palettes were changed due to lack of shadow color availability. The more you know...

Thanks for sharing this!

In addition to whatever new stories Kajishima-sensei would like to tell, I want an adaptation of the True Tenchi Muyo! novels, the GXP novels, and the Paradise War novels. I couldn't tell if Kajishima-sensei wants the Paradise War novels adapted, or if he's wanting to do something new there.

I recall AIC shot him down on Paradise Wars. But maybe if the current OAV is successful, they'll change their minds. Or he could just do it with EXNOA. Either way, it seems like a natural progression to me.

Quote from: Dreamr on August 31, 2023, 02:22:01 AM
I recall AIC shot him down on Paradise Wars. But maybe if the current OAV is successful, they'll change their minds. Or he could just do it with EXNOA. Either way, it seems like a natural progression to me.

AIC is mostly out of the picture at this point because they had no money. I think that's why EXNOA is doing the GXP OVA. And I think the GXP OVA is better than OVA 4 and OVA 5 on presentation of story.

I can't bring myself to teat up 15.03, so I started trying to get some translations done on the other Kajishima Onsen things that haven't been completed yet.

Here is 23.08 in English on e-hentai.
https://e-hentai.org/g/2833641/ea247e4b1c/

Enjoy,
BoB