[AiTM] The new "Tenchi Muyo" series is a Negishi created AU

Started by antvasima, August 01, 2014, 01:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: shades of blue on August 22, 2014, 04:39:15 PM
I'm still waiting to find out if even Masami Kikuchi gets screwed out of a gig.

I vote for Gilbert Gottfried.  Yes, as Japanese VA.  Make it par for the course for this anime.

http://www.youtube.com/v/5K1RcKJVbHA
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

Is this going to be the Apollo 1 of the Tenchi franchise? This shit looks like it's going to burn before it even hits the airwaves.
This is not a sig, it's a Sandwich.

QuoteUh, the 16 Million Yen that AIC screwed Okayama out of to make a Tenchi series?  I bet they had this series on a backburner, suddenly Okayama shows up, and then they are like, "Sure, we'll do Tenchi show to promote MK's birthplace for that money," and proceeded to add a rat tail to the protagonist and drop in a Tenchi name in the background information.
Maybe you should post this information to the ANN forum thread?
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Well I'm glad I don't have an ANN account to post there. I usually stay clear of ANN's comments section....but yeah some are STILL defending these changes....I'm starting to question AIC now...A Washu name drop isn't enough to sway me now and with the plot summary already translated....yeah It's not looking good now imo.
also:

edit:fixed your image

*Looks at new character designs*

...yep.  It seems that unless Kajishima jumps ship and gets his own thing going (Whether it be OVA 4, Seikishi continuation, heck, I'd take ANYTHING that ends up canon at this point over this junk), this so-called anniversary season will do the opposite of what the anniversary seasons for other series have done and the Tenchi franchise will be KO'd real fast.  Such a shame that AIC is responsible for this - they need to be hit with a Level 3 X-Factor Doctor Doom combo at this point.  Ending of course with the blender.  :doom:
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Quote from: antvasima on August 23, 2014, 01:28:56 AM
QuoteUh, the 16 Million Yen that AIC screwed Okayama out of to make a Tenchi series?  I bet they had this series on a backburner, suddenly Okayama shows up, and then they are like, "Sure, we'll do Tenchi show to promote MK's birthplace for that money," and proceeded to add a rat tail to the protagonist and drop in a Tenchi name in the background information.
Maybe you should post this information to the ANN forum thread?

I did kinda, but it's just speculation on my part.  It's not like 16 million yen is huge ($150,000), but if I were running a business with uncertain (perhaps thin) margins and that infusion of cash meant I had to change the title of something and add a few irrelevant details, would I still go for that cash?  Yes.  It pays for a few employees that year for next to no effort.

But for all I know, Masaki Kajishima went into a competition for a low cost anime with his -If- idea and Okayama chose this other Momotaro idea which also has a connection to their area.  Or they just screwed Okayama.  No way to know and we'll probably never know.

Quote from: Surgeon Of Death on August 23, 2014, 01:40:24 AMWell I'm glad I don't have an ANN account to post there. I usually stay clear of ANN's comments section....but yeah some are STILL defending these changes....I'm starting to question AIC now...A Washu name drop isn't enough to sway me now and with the plot summary already translated....yeah It's not looking good now imo.
also:

I'll just note the website put forth "Washu" and not "Washu Hakubi".  Maybe it's the same Washu, or maybe she'll come out worse looking than that Mahou Shoujo Club design or just completely different or is a robot for all I know.  And what will be her role?  Even if she's the similiar to classic Washu, is she there as much as she was in War on Geminar (which is to say just barely?)  I'd say that's likely.

The only classic character I can see popping up on this show now might be Ryoko, because of the Momotaro legend ANN mentioned, they go fight a Demon and she could be that demon that gets converted.  But with Beni in the mix, I think that's a long shot, something like Ryoko's Oryo character in Pretty Sammy maybe?  I would say Sasami appears too from her sheer popularity, but I think Aoi Rui on that show is some type of weird nod to her given the hair/eye color and the Pretty Sammy style leggings+shoes so probably not.

http://www.ai-tenchi.jp/character/aoi_rui.html
vs
http://s11.postimg.org/ol9fry4ab/presamicute.jpg

To me, Fuka Yuki seems to be the Washu nod:
http://www.ai-tenchi.jp/character/fuka_yuki.html

Honestly, I could imagine the whole Washu thing is an internet only mentioned namedrop meant to placate some old time Japanese fans and have them tune in out of hope and then the anime hooks them on its own merits.  Wouldn't surprise me.  This is a 5 minute anime, they have 9 cast members so far.  How more room do they have after adding throw-aways and enemies?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momotar%C5%8D
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

The new series looks more like a sequel to Durarara.  I have watch the anime version of Durarara, and currently reading the manga.

Today, I was checking the Tenchitorum site.  In the News Section, there is a report on the bios for the new characters.  According to the report, Tenchi is going to be a teacher at all places, an all girls high school.  The news report that Washu has cause one of the world's largest predicaments.  In order to save the world,  Tenchi must discreetly disguise himself as a student teacher at an all girl's high school.   Naturally, Tenchi getting this new this job will cause him a lot of problems.

I tihink that some of you have already found out about the information about the new series from other sources. I can't believe Tenchi disguising himself as a student teacher at all places, AN ALL GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL. 

The series seems to be taking place after Tenchi had graduated from college.  The way which Japan teaches its teachers is different from the Untied States.  From what I read from the Manga series GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka, anyone wants to become a teacher enters an apprentice-like system where they must become a student teacher.

In Japan, the basic qualifications are to be a college graduate.  All student teachers must  have on job training. All student teachers must take an exam in order to become a teacher.  Al least according to GTO in the public schools system. I can assumed that all student teachers need to pass an exam in order to become a teacher.

I dub this show Tenchi Muyo Muyo.  No need for Tenchi Muyo.

Quote from: جبريل 無道 on August 24, 2014, 06:04:35 PM
I dub this show Tenchi Muyo Muyo.  No need for Tenchi Muyo.

I am starting to think that the new series is likely a sequel to Tenchi: Universe.