Dragon's Dogma

Started by Tenchi Ryu, May 01, 2013, 07:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
My preordered copy of Dragon's Dogma Arisen has finally arrived. Gonna play it and respond with feedback

May 10, 2013, 02:37:29 AM #1 Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 02:54:45 AM by Tenchi Ryu
9 days and counting, completely obsessed now. Level 32, and if I had to guess based on online research, probably about 45% finished with the story. Addictive as hell, my only issue is I wish you could have more customization with the armors and clothes. Meaning, you can't color edit anything, so if you want a green shirt, you have to FIND or BUY a green shirt and whatever stats come with it.

Although there is no online co-op, the PAWN system works pretty neat. If you're the type of player who hates having to do shit lone wolf style and like having back up, don't worry, the PAWN system will take care of you. Even though these are A.I, they don't act like typical dumb can't do shit without you A.I (Yea I'm looking at you Resident Evil 5 and 6). Hell, sometimes they will even know the way to a marked quest and ask YOU to follow them. Can't even explain how handy that is when I'll look at a split in the road and be lost as hell.

It's also neat how other than your MAIN Pawn which you customize and level up, you "hire" other people's main pawns for the last 2 support slots, making a full 4 man party. And when going against big ass cyclops and orges, you'll need all the help you can get.

May 12, 2013, 05:00:28 AM #2 Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 10:58:24 AM by Tenchi Ryu
The blood, the sweat, the tears......the pain of the last 14 days of being a DD junkie, it was worth it.

Finally got a golden weapon.

:neg: :neg: :neg: :worship: :worship: :worship:

isn't gold a really soft metal?

2 1/2 months and 80 levels later....

*Notice the very badass Armor and sword*

After 3 months, finally beat the first playthrough, and got to 84. So pretty proud of my accomplisments...probably will hold off on playing thru a second time until i finish more of these steam games I bought.

For all you with PS+, no more fucking excuses.....PLAY THE FUCKING GAME NAO!!!!!

Now a free PS+ title for the month.

P.S, look at my cool new sig, got my Steam and XBL account connected to it.

And we're finally live

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/04/ps-plus-dragons-dogma-dark-arisen-free-for-members/

Played some more yesterday, got ambushed by a Drake (weaker smaller version of a Dragon) and kicked his ass. That's what you get punk, trying to run up on me like that  :chord:

So somebody decided to turn this shit into Dark Souls, I go into the last area to take on the boss once more to farm him of experience, and I get fucking jumped by like 15 fucking monsters at the same time. I'm level 115 and can easily take these things separately, but together....god damn. One dragon is casting like a slow time spell on me making lag like fuck, while the other dragon drains my fucking health. Then you got these Orges with hammers cleaning fucking shop on out slow drained bodies.

First time in a while I raged quit.

Finally decided to clear the game and beat the final boss. Could have been done it like 40 levels ago, just was farming shit over and over again. Now I've entered New Game Plus mode, which I'm sure some of you are familiar with. Basically you start the game all over again, but you get to keep all the items and stuff you've had from the previous playthrough. So yea, going through the first challenges looking like this...

Pretty much a cakewalk. And unlike people who like bullshit like "challenge" and "skill"  :son: I love being OP and one hit killing fuckas.

December 04, 2013, 09:10:00 PM #10 Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 09:32:19 AM by Tenchi Ryu
Dragon's Dogma internal screenshot creator is so shitty, I'd much rather keep doing phone camera shots

*edit: fixed it

Think I finally got the screenshot thing down....

Fucking finally

http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2015/09/08/dragons-dogma-dark-arisen-coming-to-pc

Mods, 1080p and smooth fps

:neg: :neg: :neg:

Dark Souls about to get that Action RPG crown on steam snatched.

January!? Nooooooooooooooooo :gonk:

Super excited for this. Really loved the game, but tried playing it again recently and the terrible framerate killed it for me.
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.