OVA 5 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, August 30, 2017, 12:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 19, 2020, 01:01:16 AM #330 Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 01:18:20 AM by GP cadet 87
Wow, first time back on the internet in 4 weeks, and a new PV is waiting for me! :)

The two biggest takeaways from me, is that, we are are going to see almost the entire main cast of GXP (unless Gyoukuren will be show up in the ep proper) with Seina at least having some alone time with the cabbit girls, which will hopefully give us some backstory and plot details of the Yamada harem. After all these years, the idea of a grown up Fuku will take some getting used to.

The other big thing, of course, is that we're getting some honest to goodness ACTION again! To be fair, it's older Tenchi vs. space pirates. Not exactly a high stakes fight. But at least we'll stuff happening on screen. It's a very good sign. OVA 5 won't just be a bunch of talking head scenes.

I have just seen the trailer for the second episode of OVA 5 on youtube. In  trailer, there is a focus on Space Pirates.  The Space Pirates are likely connected to the Renza Federation.  The island where Paradise Wars is located on is in the same trailer.  Tenchi is going to use his kami powers. The timeline for the series is set between the years 2000 and 2007.

Let's hope that in one of the next trailers includes Tenchi becoming a father.

:Hap: :popcorn: :perv:

Tenchi should already be a father. Remember Tenchi's kids are born when Kiriko pregnant, so if they are planning for Kiriko to have a kid ... Tenchi is about to seed or has seeded Ryoko.

Guessing by the ages of the kids I would assume Tenchi's girls are about 2-3 years older than their husbands, so I wouldn't expect to see something as I assume Kiriko is not pregnant yet.

So we still don't have a GxP Volume 18 release? Having the OVA first before the last GxP novel volume kind of puts the cart before the horse with one of the characters in the OVA most probably having an actual role in GxP in that final novel only. I'm itching to read volume 18 even as a raw while doing my best to avoid the latest OVAs just so that I don't spoil myself which is weird.

I wouldn't expect a new GXP novel for a while. When Kajishima was working on OVA 4 he didn't release a new novel until the OVAs were nearly finished.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on May 13, 2020, 10:08:34 AM
I wouldn't expect a new GXP novel for a while. When Kajishima was working on OVA 4 he didn't release a new novel until the OVAs were nearly finished.

I see. It's just that I find it kinda weird he'd go with the OVA first when the novel introducing some characters who appear in the OVA is still not out yet. But I guess Kajishima has to make do with when the studios are able to produce the anime and work on that first as they won't wait for the novels to be published.

Has anyone got translations for PV2? My Japanese isn't great but there's a mention of 'Masaki Kudomo (Masaki children)...//didn't catch//.. its fun isn't it' 30 seconds which hints that we might see children running wild, or at least the beginnings of.

:spends:

Quote from: kamikaze00007 on May 14, 2020, 06:59:04 AM
It's just that I find it kinda weird he'd go with the OVA first when the novel introducing some characters who appear in the OVA is still not out yet.
Didn't the same thing happen with the GXP anime? Noike was just part of the Masaki house before OVA 3 had even started.

May 15, 2020, 03:18:11 AM #338 Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 03:21:20 AM by Eff Efferson
Quote from: Ricin on May 07, 2020, 11:30:15 AM
Tenchi should already be a father. Remember Tenchi's kids are born when Kiriko pregnant, so if they are planning for Kiriko to have a kid ... Tenchi is about to seed or has seeded Ryoko.

Guessing by the ages of the kids I would assume Tenchi's girls are about 2-3 years older than their husbands, so I wouldn't expect to see something as I assume Kiriko is not pregnant yet.

rememeber sasami not an adult = no children, sasami adult = children. he was very obviously a father by the time of banjo island cause they describe the place as having some random ass young kids lurking about the place

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on May 14, 2020, 01:08:28 PM
Quote from: kamikaze00007 on May 14, 2020, 06:59:04 AM
It's just that I find it kinda weird he'd go with the OVA first when the novel introducing some characters who appear in the OVA is still not out yet.
Didn't the same thing happen with the GXP anime? Noike was just part of the Masaki house before OVA 3 had even started.

biggest case of who the fuck is this in history ever
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Maysiiu on May 14, 2020, 08:53:51 AM
Has anyone got translations for PV2? My Japanese isn't great but there's a mention of 'Masaki Kudomo (Masaki children)...//didn't catch//

I think Washu is teasing her daughter about the prospect.

Quote from: WaitoKon on May 15, 2020, 01:54:27 PM
I think Washu is teasing her daughter about the prospect.

Excellent

There is the douj. about what happen when the teen Sasami have stumble upon Tenchi and Noike after school.  Kenshi and Ryo-Ohki had appear in the douj. PV 2 shows an older Sasami.  There is no hint about Tenchi becoming a father, but we have to wait for the  episode coming out. There is action in the episode. Tenchi is seen using his Kami powers against a large Space Pirate vessel.  Still I hope that Tenchi's first two daughters are in the series.  Two ideal names for Tenchi's first two daughters are Kiyone and Achika. Kiyone is the name of Tenchi's mother in the Ryo-Ohki series. Achika is the name of Tenchi's mother in Universe and Tenchi in Tokyo. Still Tenko is a good name for one of Tenchi's and Ryoko's daughters.

:shygirl: :why: :popcorn: :omgwtf: :really:

Were any of the new characters in OVA V secretly witness to Tenchi's kami-mode in OVA 3?
If not, then we need another cataclysm in the newer episodes to keep things moving.
It might parallel [ . ]

Actually wait. It just might bear enough resemblance to one of the greatest moments in anime. May I present:

What anime series is that from?
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Giant severed head looming over the horizon courtesy of Neon Genesis Evangelion. Jovia face (from GP volume cover) inserted over it.