Spike's Video Game Awards, Hosted by Samuel L Jackson

Started by Tenchi Ryu, December 07, 2012, 06:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Won't be able to watch it live because I got 3 NBA games to watch, but I definitely will DVR it and watch it a few hours after it airs....

Will discuss the results here too...

Got the results off of IGN, gotta say I'm impressed.

Game of the Year: The Walking Dead: The Game
    Studio of the Year: Telltale Games
    Best Xbox 360 Game: Halo 4
    Best PlayStation 3 Game: Journey
    Best Wii/Wii U Game: New Super Mario Bros. U
    Best PC Game: XCOM: Enemy Unknown
    Best Shooter: Borderlands 2
    Best Action/Adventure Game: Dishonored
    Best RPG: Mass Effect 3
    Best Multiplayer Game: Borderlands 2
    Best Individual Sports Game: SSX
    Best Team Sports Game: NBA 2K13
    Best Driving Game: Need for Speed Most Wanted
    Best Song in a Game: "Cities" by Beck (Sound Shapes)
    Best Original Score: Journey
    Best Graphics: Halo 4
    Best Independent Game: Journey
    Best Fighting Game: Persona 4 Arena
    Best Handheld/Mobile Game: Sound Shapes
    Best Performance by a Human Female: Melissa Hutchinson as Clementine (The Walking Dead: The Game)
    Best Performance by a Human Male: Dameon Clarke as Handsome Jack (Borderlands 2)
    Best Adapted Video Game: The Walking Dead: The Game
    Best DLC: Dawnguard (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)
    Best Downloadable Game: The Walking Dead: The Game
    Best Social Game: You Don't Know Jack

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on December 08, 2012, 12:05:33 AM
Got the results off of IGN, gotta say I'm impressed.

Best RPG: Mass Effect 3
    Best Fighting Game: Persona 4 Arena

Ass Effect 3 was horse shit what the fuck.

I will say I'm impressed with the choice of Persona 4 Arena.

I'm glad to not see Cawadoodie on this list anywhere.

[spoiler]I still don't think that alone validates the VGA though.[/spoiler]
This is not a sig, it's a Sandwich.

The Walking Dead... Really? Was 2012 the shittiest year for gaming ever or is that a typo?

And where the fuck is Gravity Rush?
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

Was able to finally watch the award show. Really enjoyed it, a lot in thanks to Samuel hosting. I've heard that the VGA awards weren't doing so well in ratings in the past few years, but maybe this year will change that. As far as Walking of the Dead, was looking at a play through on YouTube. The actual gameplay isn't strong, but holy shit at that storyline. And because your choice can effect how you end up, I can see why its so popular.

Wow, that was absolutely terrible, like watching a real tranwreck. Jesus christ.

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on December 07, 2013, 08:57:04 PM
Wow, that was absolutely terrible, like watching a real tranwreck. Jesus christ.

Glad I missed it, Also why the fuck did you watch it in the first place? Doritos pope was there for christ sake.

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on December 07, 2013, 08:59:05 PM
Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on December 07, 2013, 08:57:04 PM

Glad I missed it, Also why the fuck did you watch it in the first place? Doritos pope was there for christ sake.
When you actually feel bad for Doritos Pope, you know its bad. Hell, some folks on Neogaf wanted Geoff to straight up sock the other guy in the mouth.

All I know about VGX is that they showed a Todd & Aaron video. Automatically best award show ever!

This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

Quote from: Tensami on December 08, 2012, 12:34:43 PM
The Walking Dead... Really? Was 2012 the shittiest year for gaming ever or is that a typo?

All I know is that after Tell-tall-tales tricked me with JP, I wasn't about to touch their adaption of TWD. I'll never touch another one of their games again. :doom:

Quote from: shades of blue on December 09, 2013, 09:25:43 AM
All I know is that after Tell-tall-tales tricked me with JP, I wasn't about to touch their adaption of TWD. I'll never touch another one of their games again. :doom:

Well be prepared to be doing a shit load of ducking and dodging, those fuckers are releasing like 4 games next year.

Meanwhile, all that needs to be said about it in an Angry Joe rant.

http://www.youtube.com/v/jvW9WwDLCxg