Tenchi x Ryo-ohki As An Official Thing

Started by AstroNerdBoy, October 05, 2019, 02:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm tired from work and such, and my brain isn't working. At least I had enough sense not to get into some argument with someone over Tenchi hooking up with Ryo-ohki.

That said, I know that WAY back in the AIC days, it was pretty well "known" that Kajishima-sensei was going to have a harem for Tenchi. Further, it was well "known" that Ryo-ohki was going to be a member of said harem. There were arguments about this as back then, I hated the whole notion of a harem ending. As such, I participated in said arguments. 😅

That aside, I was thinking that Kajishima-sensei put out some doujinshi or other statement somewhere that pretty much stated that Ryo-ohki would be one of the members of the harem. But I couldn't easily find something. So it may be a case were we all "knew" it was coming, but until the "If" doujinshi was released, it wasn't officially confirmed.

So what do you guys remember about this? Was "If" the first official confirmation? Or was there something earlier like my befuddled brain thinks there is?

Well, I can understand the incredulity folks would have about Tenchi and a Cabbit, but when I think about Tenchi sprouting LHW like a ship of Jurai or Washu's making, then it starts to make sense that they are not mating but doing a merge of sorts (GXP later episodes example with Fuku).

To your other question, I don't think much doujinshi showcases this beyond the one seeing their (T and Ryo-Ohki's)  kids interacting with Fuku (I want to say it was no. 8, will come back with the link). So in any best-guess of when this became a thing, I'd say right around the same time Seina was bonding with his ship in GP chronology.

I'm rapidly starting to think that people making a big deal out of this have been in denial. This is how Kajishima-sensei has always been. Spaceship Agga Ruter pretty much spelled out where Kajishima-sensei was going to go with Tenchi x Ryo-ohki. GXP had Seina marrying his harem, and Fuku was right there with them. But I suppose the people angry about this are hanging onto technicalities.

October 06, 2019, 01:13:02 AM #3 Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 01:21:03 AM by GP cadet 87
It bothers some people because Ryo-ohki & Fuku come across as pets most of the time, even though their are several scenes that point out explicitly cabbits are  sapient (i.e. have human intelligence and emotions).

Think of the Wau people that were shown in GXP, how freaked  out people would be, if the female Wau looked and sounded like Earth dogs.

That's probably the main reason why Ryo-ohki and Fuku have have humanoid forms, to remove the squick factor. Or, more likely, Kajishima-sensei put them in just to add more fetishes to the setting.  :heysexy: Come to think of it, part of the reason why I was a bit disappointed that Erma was Ryoko all along was disappointing was because the GXP has relatively non-human aliens, but it was never a factor. Plus, Ryoko's Erma persona was more flirty and playful than Ryoko herself. Or at least, it felt that way to me.

IIRC, Seina has a Wau girl in his harem in the novels, right?

Quote from: GP cadet 87 on October 06, 2019, 01:13:02 AM
It bothers some people because Ryo-ohki & Fuku come across as pets most of the time, even though their are several scenes that point out explicitly cabbits are  sapient (i.e. have human intelligence and emotions).

Think of the Wau people that were shown in GXP, how freaked  out people would be, if the female Wau looked and sounded like Earth dogs.

That's probably the main reason why Ryo-ohki and Fuku have have humanoid forms, to remove the squick factor. Or, more likely, Kajishima-sensei put them in just to add more fetishes to the setting.  :heysexy: Come to think of it, part of the reason why I was a bit disappointed that Erma was Ryoko all along was disappointing was because the GXP has relatively non-human aliens, but it was never a factor. Plus, Ryoko's Erma persona was more flirty and playful than Ryoko herself. Or at least, it felt that way to me.

IIRC, Seina has a Wau girl in his harem in the novels, right?

acha is in the protecc catagory of his harem... seina only has her in his ahrem by sheer accident... but erma is in his harem too she diesnt stop being erma in the novels
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

the biggest issue for me is... he had kids with her third... she ranks number 3 in his head as number 3rd best waifu... tenchis waifu ranking is ryoko ayeka ryo noike mihoshi washu sasami and you and i both know that is a horrible ranking
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

It makes sense for Tenchi to have multiple kids, the Gods of mythology all did.

Quote from: Eff Efferson on October 06, 2019, 01:43:16 AM
the biggest issue for me is... he had kids with her third... she ranks number 3 in his head as number 3rd best waifu... tenchis waifu ranking is ryoko ayeka ryo noike mihoshi washu sasami and you and i both know that is a horrible ranking
Is there any indication that Tenchi chose an order for who he would have kids with? Assuming he was banging them all at the same time, they could get pregnant in any order.

In the last if doujin it looked like they are taking turns.

First was Ryoko, then Ayeka, after that Ryo-ohki gave Tenchi puppy dog eyes so Tenchi gave her that Jurain wood.

Mihoshi and Noike might have been impatient that is why their kids are so close together.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on October 07, 2019, 12:25:30 PM
Quote from: Eff Efferson on October 06, 2019, 01:43:16 AM
Is there any indication that Tenchi chose an order for who he would have kids with? Assuming he was banging them all at the same time, they could get pregnant in any order.
[/quoteazusa first child was with funaho his first wife. the first wifes a big deal in juraian culture as shown in jurai. ryoko was obviously first wife.

other then that... who knows
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Yeah just like Azusa in the True Tenchi period, without a doubt the publicity of Tenchi's relations would pressure him to "choose already". I think Episode 13 might have started the process, but what really drove it home was Seina's wedding. The oddity, at least for how these anime typically go, is no major event after OVA 3 and GXP led to the household shrinking. Instead, there was a whole lineup of waifus.

Quote from: Ricin on October 08, 2019, 07:58:29 PM
Mihoshi and Noike might have been impatient that is why their kids are so close together.
I choose to believe that it happened in a threesome, which is why they got pregnant and gave birth at the same time.
Same night, maybe 10 minutes apart unless Washu's cooked up something to get rid of the refactory period.

Ryoko and Ayeka? Coin toss decided who got the first crack at babymaking.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on October 07, 2019, 12:25:30 PMAssuming he was banging them all at the same time, they could get pregnant in any order.

In the one H-doujinshi Kajishima-sensei did for Tenchi (the name of which eludes me), we know that Sasami had to wait until she was older.

Quote from: Dagor Dagorath on October 11, 2019, 04:17:08 AM
I choose to believe that it happened in a threesome, which is why they got pregnant and gave birth at the same time.

Maybe. But that one doujinshi I mentioned earlier strongly suggests the girls have an understanding and take turns. That's also how those who practice polygamy do things. There's a head wife, and then each wife gets her bedtime with their husband. None of the other wives interfere with the wife who's turn it is to sleep with the husband.

Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on October 15, 2019, 11:12:15 AM
None of the other wives interfere with the wife who's turn it is to sleep with the husband.
And what I'm suggesting isn't interference, it's ~cooperation~.

Quote from: Dagor Dagorath on October 18, 2019, 11:02:01 PM
Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on October 15, 2019, 11:12:15 AM
None of the other wives interfere with the wife who's turn it is to sleep with the husband.
And what I'm suggesting isn't interference, it's ~cooperation~.
COOP COCK TORTURE