OVA 4 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, December 30, 2015, 09:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
*Sees the bath scene shot*

Okay, given what we know and Minaho might not be such an antagonist... now I'm officially convinced.  If those are Tenchi's hands, I think Minaho's basically the "love doctor and sensei" in this situation (Which he needed at this point), and Tenchi's gonna marry at least one of the girls (We know he eventually marries all of them) by the time OVA 4 is over.  Calling it now.

...but yeah, didn't I call that he was gonna get some loving before this was over?  Thought so.   :parrot:
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

December 27, 2016, 12:44:42 PM #316 Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 03:47:20 PM by Andraste
Quote from: Tenchi10 on December 27, 2016, 06:19:37 AM
So tenchi is washing his aunt back now in the next epsiode

Quote from: WarOmnimon on December 27, 2016, 12:00:54 PM
If those are Tenchi's hands...

They look pretty feminine to me. Large but feminine.

I think Minaho's basically the "love doctor and sensei" in this situation (Which he needed at this point), and Tenchi's gonna marry at least one of the girls.
:speculate:

She is either going to pretend to try to take him to bring them together as a family (or she is there to openly help.) Pretty much I think Seto is using her to urge him into marriage with these girls because it creates an amazing galactic alliance.

Then again it is ultra powerful and not nessicarily alligned with Jurai's interests. After seeing Tenchi turn into Kami Tenchi (and how easily he convinced Noike to side with him) she could think she needs to monitor the situation as closely as possible and wants him living on Jurai asap.

I think Seto is the true "antagonist" but who knows if her end goal is to split them or bring them together. I mean it was very much implied in that Kaji doujinshi. Poor Minaho. She gets to be the hated one for awhile. Minaho could possibly want Tenchi for herself because of all the pressure her family has put on her to marry. Whatever the situation is, Minaho is not to happy with Seto about it.

So she is there to openly play love doctor, has a convolued plan to bring them together (Seems more Setos style), or legit wants her family off her back and Seto wants to bring Tenchi close.

Those are the 3 possible scenarios I could see playing out right now. Hard to say with so little translated atm (including vol. 1)

*edit- Attached the image of Seto and Minaho I'm talking about.

[attachment deleted by admin]

December 28, 2016, 06:43:38 AM #317 Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 03:40:29 AM by Harls
Quote from: Andraste on December 27, 2016, 12:44:42 PM
If those are Tenchi's hands...

They look pretty feminine to me. Large but feminine.

Oh, so Ryoko, then.  :poopoo: Hmm, maybe not.

P.S.-

http://www.youtube.com/v/ITbEocURHI4

Sounds like the new music is here.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Quote from: Harls on December 28, 2016, 06:43:38 AM

http://www.youtube.com/v/ITbEocURHI4

Sounds like the new music is here.

Hmm looks like it might be Tenchi after all!   :staredog:

I hate that they reused so much for that promo. The music doesn't sound that much better. Hopefully this next one with have a good opening.

So that's a scene from episode 2? LOL If it is Tenchi.

Hopefully that means will be getting a trailer for the next episode soon than :)

I'd love it if Seto was trying to move things along for Tenchi and his harem. I can't imagine Ryoko staying quit for too long if these types of situations keep happening.

That trailer was disappointing. Way too much old footage. It's weird seeing trailers to individual episodes. I wonder if the episode will focus completely on Minaho and Tenchi bonding.

I'm fine with that. 4 episodes isn't a lot of space for a story arc. I'm fine with character development.

Im ok with the preview...It is bittersweet but...If there's one thing I dislike it's going to see a new movie and walking out saying to myself - "Why did I bother I've already seen it through all the trailers".

I'd rather them error on too little than too much. Plus they will probably put out another preview or two.

I also agree with the music as well.
At least for the openings, while I don't think any will beat TU and GXP for me - though all the old series are all pretty close - OVA 4 is my least favorite.

... i hope we get a sub soon... tbh
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

December 29, 2016, 02:27:14 PM #323 Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 02:30:49 PM by Andraste
Quote from: Fap_fapperson on December 29, 2016, 03:57:06 AM
Me too.

But...

Whomp whomp. :neg:
Shit is harsh.

December 29, 2016, 03:13:21 PM #324 Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 04:11:57 PM by Dr.Soviet
So much hate on today's internet it's a shame that some people only exist on here to cause negativity for others, Awful!

EDIT: I'd like to get a little more in depth with this actually, It really bothers me that certain people (Im not just talking about this fandom ether just in general) go out of their way to tell you how to feel about certain things and do everything they can to make a certain group of people feel bad just for liking something that they don't like.

As an example I generally like most of the Tenchi series and it's spin offs however I don't like Tenchi in Tokyo or Ai Tenchi. But there is more than a few people that have signed up here and discovered more of the series thanks to Ai Tenchi and even Tenchi in Tokyo as some people do enjoy the humor in that particular series.

I don't want to be the "voice" of a community as it's not my place or anyone else's place to dictate to people what is good and what isn't that's for the fans to decide and even if a majority of those fans like something over what a minority fan group does why harass them?

December 29, 2016, 04:36:52 PM #325 Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 04:40:24 PM by WarOmnimon
*Sees the refusal to sub OVA 4*

Joseph Joestar's immortal words are the only proper response, given that they actually took time to sub Ai which was pretty negatively received as whole even in Japan... wow.  Just, WOW.  I honestly don't know what to say in response to this directly, but I WILL say that this fanbase REALLY rustles our Jimmies sometimes, man.  This is like they just don't give a you know what, and it goes back to what Soviet just said about certain folks not liking certain parts of the franchise and making those who do look like donkeys for it (A statement which I agree wholeheartedly with, hence the +1 Soviet just got from me - keep in mind that I also don't like Tokyo and Ai, but at the same time you don't see me just blindly blast them *Points to his recent commentary in the remembering Ai thread*).  The fact that they are doing this to OVA 4, which we have waited YEARS (Including a bad 20th anniversary that puts the one that Power Rangers got to shame) for... gosh darnit, it's just bad man, and at this point I'm about ready to sling some mud myself.  That's pretty bad given that I'm a respectful guy for the most part and don't have any heat with anyone involved with any fanbase I'm part of right now, and like I may have said before, I really don't want to go down that path.  Been there, done that, never again.

But yeah, THIS RIGHT HERE is why CrunchyRoll, etc. should have picked it up.  That way, we wouldn't have had to deal with the fanbase slinging mud at each other over stuff like this at a time we thought it was pretty much over.  Ai really messed things up at this point (I believe its failure which resulted in no western release for Ai is the reason why Crunchy and the others didn't jump on OVA 4 as I pointed out before) and I'm just, darnit...  :doom:
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Quote from: Andraste on December 29, 2016, 02:27:14 PM
Quote from: Fap_fapperson on December 29, 2016, 03:57:06 AM
Me too.

But...

Whomp whomp. :neg:
Shit is harsh.

>inb4 this sounds like a lot of muh waifu doesnt win / exist /isnt drawn fappable and constantly waggling her pussy flaps at the screen in this continuity
>inb4 muh tenchi

aint no one entitled to free translation services of those who aren't up for doing it out of the kindness of their waifu boners.
(your welcome, all i ask is that you consider joining the waifu church of ryoko jk jk lol seto is the one true god)

so... anyone want to start a collection tray to do something like this yet?
http://tigoristranslates.com/

http://underwater.nyaatorrents.org/?tag=Fansubbing

http://splash.pmsinfirm.org/commissions_tl.htm

https://fandomservices.com/translation-services/manga-translations/

I NEED MY WAIFUS MAN !
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

So the guys who subbed the 4 minute ads using Tenchi characters, won't sub the official OVAs because apparently they're still sore about OVA 3? Really? That's there justification?

They really don't get the fact that all this stuff is a mix of the GXP novels and doujin, all these characters aren't coming out of nowhere, do they get that. Ai Tenchi Muyo has nothing to do with canon.

OVA 4 IS THE OFFICIAL CONTINUATION GUYS, C'MON! You don't think that we Western Tenchi fans want to see it subbed, and make up our own minds?! What double-standard, arbitrary BS!

Quote from: GP cadet 87 on December 29, 2016, 06:24:19 PM
They really don't get the fact that all this stuff is a mix of the GXP novels and doujin, all these characters aren't coming out of nowhere, do they get that.
They know.
They don't like it.
They don't want any part of it.

And that's fine. They're not obligated.
And they're not the only option.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

December 29, 2016, 08:35:43 PM #329 Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 08:47:53 PM by Fap_fapperson
Guys... this is getting desperate.  :frogonk:
We know what we must all do :worship: :worship: :worship:
We have to learn enough japanise to aquire a small harem of kawaii japanise waifus and have our waifus translate it for us.
:siren: red alert :siren: red alert  :siren:
I'm serious. we might have to
[Spoiler][Spoiler][Spoiler][Spoiler][Spoiler][Spoiler][Spoiler][Spoiler][Spoiler][Spoiler][Spoiler][Spoiler][Spoiler][Spoiler][Spoiler][Spoiler]
get 3d waifusget 3d waifusget 3d waifusget 3d waifusget 3d waifusget 3d waifusget 3d waifus
[/Spoiler][/Spoiler][/Spoiler][/Spoiler][/Spoiler][/Spoiler][/Spoiler][/Spoiler][/Spoiler][/Spoiler][/Spoiler][/Spoiler][/Spoiler][/Spoiler]

Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here